• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands The Pre-Sequel! Nisha the Lawbringer Preview

GamerSoul

clockpunk

Ooh, could very well be my main character - still trying to decide between Nisha and Athena, but the ricochet shots and dual pistols are *very* appealing.

GamerSoul

Yea the constant pistol dual wielding sounds ridiculously fun. And when you add the increase hip fire abilities hopefully it will make it even more effective. Nisha is going to probably deal a lot of damage very quickly. lol. Her Action Skill also has a pretty fast cool down too. So good. That whip though. The range on it looks a bit cumbersome but it's probably something I would have to get use to.

I'll probably use her after Athena.

Nisha looks really fun. I was bummed there would be no gunzerker, but she could fit the bill. I remember killing her about 30 times in Borderlands 2 to get her sheriff's badge drop, so it feels kind of funny that I'll likely pick her as my character.

Drazgul

Nisha looks really fun. I was bummed there would be no gunzerker, but she could fit the bill.

Hardly, if it's just going to be with pistols.

None of these new classes really do it for me, guess I'll go ol' Clappy or Wilhelm (just because the visual upgrades you get as you advance through the skill tree sound awesome).

I've never really enjoyed the "stacks" mechanic on any of the characters that use them. Not sure if I'll like this character. The active skill doesn't really look fun either. Auto-aim? Meh.

Hardly, if it's just going to be with pistols.

None of these new classes really do it for me, guess I'll go ol' Clappy or Wilhelm (just because the visual upgrades you get as you advance through the skill tree sound awesome).

That'll work for me. Pistols were my weapons of choice in Borderlands 2.

Drazgul

I've never really enjoyed the "stacks" mechanic on any of the characters that use them. Not sure if I'll like this character. The active skill doesn't really look fun either. Auto-aim? Meh.

Yeah, stacks and skills that get more effective only as your health goes down? Yuck, no thanks.

nel e nel

Fun video, now just update the website with the skill calculators so we can play around with builds while waiting for release.

GamerSoul

I'll admit that when it comes to stacks I rarely can use them effectively but Nisha's seem ok. I mean we get stacks for getting hurt (in her Law & Order tree) so that sounds like something for me.

And I read a youtube comment that mentioned that the Auto aim may have served as an alternative to her slowing down her aim. In games like Red Dead Redemption, we could slow down our actions to get a better shot. But in a game like BL you don't have that luxury because you could be playing with multiple people. So speeding up the action and giving us better aim makes sense, imo. Will it be effective in all situations? I dunno yet.

BigDug13

More bullet sponginess in TVHM. Fun....

I like the mechanics changes with higher jumping, slamming, and ice weapons, but still not sure on this one.

Dunno guys not feeling it

It's going to feel like a really big DLC for Borderlands 2... with a lot more characters to play as.

Borderlands 2 felt different enough from Borderlands 1 to keep me interested. The art style was more colorful and vibrant, which made it look fresh. The changes in weapon manufacturer traits allowed the weapons to feel new\different. But this game probably will feel like more of the same. And I'm worried that I'm going to be burnt out on it after playing all the BL2 DLC.

I love the Borderlands series but I really wish they held out for a proper Borderlands 3....

I'm somewhat excited for this game, but I do hope they look into the "endgame" aspects with some more refinement than BL2 had. BL2 always felt barely a step beyond Diablo 1 in terms of how you acquire the best gear.

mindsale

Every time I see this game I see it as such an also-ran. A straight-to-DVD cash-in of some fixtures of Borderlands 2. I loved the first two games, but I'll be playing Destiny as my Mad Max-inspired interstellar loot game. At least it'll hold a playable framerate. (Until the inevitable Borderlands Trilogy Remastered that'll come out before Borderlands 4).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Every time I see this game I see it as such an also-ran. A straight-to-DVD cash-in of some fixtures of Borderlands 2. I loved the first two games, but I'll be playing Destiny as my Mad Max-inspired interstellar loot game. At least it'll hold a playable framerate. (Until the inevitable Borderlands Trilogy Remastered that'll come out before Borderlands 4).

I'd rather curious as to when this entered development as it it looks exactly like Borderlands 2, down to the UI. I wouldn't be surprised if it'd been cooking in the proverbial oven for only 12 months (or less) by the time it goes gold.

Anywho, I'll be opting for the commando equivalent because I'm boring. I tried the Gunzerker for a while in 2, but his skill tree wasn't appealing in the slightest.

Kei-

This Borderlands pre sequel doesn't seem to have nearly as much excitement surrounding it as Borderlands 2 had. Wonder how much of it has to do with it only being on last gen consoles and wonder how much that is going to affect the sales.

Noob Fu

I just can't bring myself to buy any new old gen games. I loved Borderlands 2. Hopefully they bring this to next (or now) gen.

SerTapTap

I'm confused...is there no Siren equivalent in this game? I know there's only a few in the universe but I'm used to always maining Siren, mostly for the elemental effects. None of the characters seem to have elemental focus yet unless I missed something.

I just can't bring myself to buy any new old gen games. I loved Borderlands 2. Hopefully they bring this to next (or now) gen.

PC solves this problem if possible. BL2 still looks great. Artstyle helps a lot.

I'm somewhat excited for this game, but I do hope they look into the "endgame" aspects with some more refinement than BL2 had. BL2 always felt barely a step beyond Diablo 1 in terms of how you acquire the best gear.

I enjoyed playing the higher difficulties of Borderlands 1 solo for NG+ and ++, but Borderlands 2 was pretty much impossibly hard for me on my own once it got to NG++.

Even with a pre-patched "Bee shield" which took me HOURS to get, enemies would take a ton of damage and I'd die in a heartbeat. I know that solo play in these games isn't really the priority, but I'd still like the ability to ENJOY playing through it on that difficult by myself. I'm sure I could beat it if I re-speced to the perfect build, farmed for the most powerful rare weapons in the game, and played it at a slow crawl, but that doesn't really interest me. I'd love something more like Halo's Legendary (hard, but still fun) rather than something like Mass Effect 2's highest difficulty (enemies are just bullet sponges that makes encounters take 3 times as long).

I'm not sure they'll make a lot of those types of changes in this game since it seems like it's mostly a fully featured expansion. One of my favorite parts of these games is leveling up new characters to see how they play, so I'll probably still be on board with The Pre-Sequel since the selection of characters seems pretty fun.

GamerSoul

Yea I hope they do something for the difficulty for UVHM. We do not have slag anymore so there has to be something new.

I've been looking around and there has been a variety of reactions to Nisha's Action Skill, which is good, imo. Her AS may look a bit dull compared to the others but I think she has the potential to take out hoards of pesky Scavs at a time so I don't think I can pass her up.

I'm confused...is there no Siren equivalent in this game? I know there's only a few in the universe but I'm used to always maining Siren, mostly for the elemental effects. None of the characters seem to have elemental focus yet unless I missed something.

I think the closest so far to a Siren is Athena. She has one tree, Ceraunic Storm, dedicated to Elemental damage (fire and lightning) including added fire/lightning damage to your Aspis throw. It's also has a stacking element to it though.

her capstone for the C.Storm tree (taken from the Gb forums)
------
Tier six capstone
Hades' Shackles
Slamming links you to nearby enemies with a Shock Tether for a short duration, electrocuting them. The tether is broken if you lose line of sight to the target. Any enemies still tethered at the end of the duration or who die while tethered release a Fire Nova, and you gain bonus Maelstrom stacks for each enemy affected. This ability has a cooldown.
------

Her Phalanx tree also has a skill that can revive downed teammates by throwing her Aspis at them. So far, I don't think anyone else has a reviving skill.

Ark

Crazy how little hype there is for this game.

They randomly announced it almost off-hand after it was leaked and it's not coming to current gen. I'll be buying it most likely on day-one because I'm a huge Borderlands fan and I'm excited to go to the moon for more Handsome Jack.

Kezen

Banned
Don't know where to post this but Borderlands the Pre-Sequel will have some tasty PC only bells and whistles.
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/borderlands-the-pre-sequel-geforce-gtx-bundle-blasts-into-stores

As with Borderlands 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel will be loaded with advanced, entertaining GPU-accelerated PhysX effects, which are being taken to the next level with effects four times as detailed. To display these GPU-accelerated PhysX effects and other game enhancements at resolutions of up to 3840x2160, gamers may wish to upgrade to get the absolute most from the hotly tipped pre-sequel. Starting August 12th for a limited time, gamers will receive a free copy of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel when buying NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770, 780, 780Ti and TITAN Black graphics cards. Get all the details HERE.

If you have a high-end NVIDIA GPU, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel will offer higher fidelity and higher performance hardware-driven special effects including awesome weapon impacts, moon- shatteringly cool cryo explosions and ice particles, and cloth and fluid simulation that blows me away every time I see it!" said Randy Pitchford, CEO and President, Gearbox. With NVIDIA PhysX technology, you will feel deep space like never before.

Top Bottom