• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brad Pitt Cleared in FBI Abuse Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/brad-pitt-cleared-fbi-abuse-investigation-950108

The FBI says it has "conducted a review of the circumstances and will not pursue further investigation."
The FBI has closed its abuse investigation on Brad Pitt with no charges.

"In response to allegations made following a flight within the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States which landed in Los Angeles carrying Mr. Brad Pitt and his children, the FBI has conducted a review of the circumstances and will not pursue further investigation. No charges have been filed in this matter," the FBI said Tuesday in a statement.

The investigation covered an alleged incident with Pitt and his son Maddox while flying to Los Angeles in September. The Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services also cleared Pitt of charges in its child services investigation, finding that Pitt was not abusive toward his son.

Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt in September, citing irreconcilable differences, and her lawyer released a statement the following day saying she came to the decision "for the health of the family." The couple was married a little more than two years.

The couple reached a custody agreement regarding their six children earlier this month, which calls for the children to remain in Jolie's custody, with Pitt to continue to receive "therapeutic visits" with his children.

Arkeband

Banned
giphy.gif

maxcriden

The investigation covered an alleged incident with Pitt and his son Maddox while flying to Los Angeles in September. The Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services also cleared Pitt of charges in its child services investigation, finding that Pitt was not abusive toward his son.

Was he also cleared of the other allegations of abuse of Angelina and the other children?

Zombine

Banned
So what even happened? Did he just yell at his kid, if no "abuse" took place? Why is the FBI involved in the first place?

I think it primarily had to do with him yelling at his kids on a plane and someone reported it as suspicious behavior. If it was an event on the street it would have been CPS who did the follow up.

entremet

...why was the FBI involved in this?
Child abuse allegations.

I still remember the original thread when people wanted to tar and feather him.

Let this be a lesson.

Divorces get ugly and accusing a former spouse of abuse is not a rare weapon to gain custody advantages.

Lost a lotta respect to Jolie.

This is why I always hold judgment in divorce and child custody cases. As someone who spent most of his childhood in a custody battle between his parents they said a bunch of vile stuff about each other that wasn't true at all in a attempt to get one over the other.

Mesousa

Banned
This is why I always hold judgment in divorce and child custody cases. As someone who spent most of his childhood in a custody battle between his parents they said a bunch of vile stuff about each other that wasn't true at all in a attempt to get one over the other.

Yeah Seen it with my cousins divorce. I don't see why parents do that. They have to know that if their kids know they are lying you are damaging them in major ways.

They were only married for two years?

That surprised me, I thought they had been married far longer. I mean basically they were in a domestic partnership prior to that? Or no? Outside some archaic laws ans benefits but for "married" couples I hate the concept. People in a relationship living together for a long time, especially if they have kids are "married" to me.

Mesousa

Banned
That surprised me, I thought they had been married far longer. I mean basically they were in a domestic partnership prior to that? Or no? Outside some archaic laws ans benefits but for "married" couples I hate the concept. People in a relationship living together for a long time, especially if they have kids are "married" to me.

I think they were already common law married before they were married married.

I think you only have to live with your partner for a few years before you qualify as common law.

kmfdmpig

Didn't they say they wouldn't get married until gay marriage was legalized? I thought that was their reason back when they were clearly married in all but name.

I think they were already common law married before they were married married.

I think you only have to live with your partner for a few years before you qualify as common law.
We don't have that in California.

Like Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh. I don't see a problem with it.

Lawyers are very good at coercing clients to use any and every little thing possible to push things in their favor, even if it means convincing them that small things are actually big huge deals.

Not saying this is what happened but that's been the experience of a lot of my divorced friends as well as my own dealings with a lawyer.

I believe Brad and Angelina did not marry sooner because they wanted rights for gay / lesbian couples to get married before they would. That's why they've only been married a short time.

Zoe

Didn't they say they wouldn't get married until gay marriage was legalized? I thought that was their reason back when they were clearly married in all but name.

They did. Kristin Bell and Dax Shepard did the same (though he still called her his wife in interviews).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom