• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BRAVE-STORY (PS2/PSP): New Official Site:

Matix

-(Source: *RuliWeb*)-

BRAVE-STORY (PS2/PSP): New Official Site:
http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/bravestory/
http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/ruliboard/read.htm?table=game_psp&num=10411&main=psp

701883qi.jpg

Shouta

Ergh, of course they had to do the movie tie-in. I really wish they had done this game using the manga as a template rather than the movie because the manga lends itself to a game moreso.

Shouta

Correct. Studio Gonzo is doing the animation for the movie. The movie is based on a book by Miyuki Miyabe.

ant1532

Banned
distantmantra said:
Based on the pictures alone, the PSP version looks better than the cell-shaded PS2 title.

yea, whats up with that? w/e

so is Matix the anime game person here? he always has the first topic about a new anime game lol

duckroll

Shouta said:
Ergh, of course they had to do the movie tie-in. I really wish they had done this game using the manga as a template rather than the movie because the manga lends itself to a game moreso.

Do we really know what they're using as a template? We have two screens there with no text and the only indication of what games they are is that the PS2 one is a Action game and the PSP one is a RPG.

Shouta

duckroll said:
Do we really know what they're using as a template? We have two screens there with no text and the only indication of what games they are is that the PS2 one is a Action game and the PSP one is a RPG.

If the style template was the manga, then you'd have TOTALLY different character designs. Also, you have the movie poster up there as well and the character designs in the shots mirror it so it's a safe bet to say that it's the movie style they're using as a template for the games =P.

madhtr

No word on who is actually developing or is it assumed that SCEI will be handling that as of now? The DS one is doomed before it even gets any details due to Bandai being attached, but the others have a chance. Then again, the PSP doesn't seem to be getting many "good" RPGs.... so I guess there is little hope in this series to begin with.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's so shocking to see a PSP game look better than a PS2 version of the same game.

jiggle

Yuck @ the PS2 version. Looks like popolocrois's engine.

PSP version looks nice though, but maybe the blur is covering up the ugly.

Bebpo

Banned
duckroll said:
Hahahaha gay. It's a demo which consists only of the "Hunting Bird" minigame part of the actual game. :(

Which probably means:

Hunting Bird Mini-game = fun
Game = terrible

:(

Shouta

Man, I really don't like the designs very much except maybe Katze (or however they translated her name). I'm so used to the manga's great designs.

Top Bottom