• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking the Nvidia Hype before Big Navi Enters the Arena - Moore's Law Is Dead

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Is Nvidia over-hyping it?

Sounds like a rando way too fond of his own voice pretending to do detective work.

Rule number one of not sounding like a prick: "don't say something mundane like you think it's so clever while giggling to yourself."

All this self-back-patting for speculation that is literally meaningless. We're going to get a metric ton of independent benchmarks.

Last edited:

00_Zer0

I watched this last night, and it was an interesting take, but the unknowns of Big Navi have me far more worried about getting that card vs. the RTX 3080. I love the idea that ray tracing and DLSS is finally taking off as more developers are going to use those technologies. Also the introduction of ray tracing in VR, and RTX IO have me excited as well. In basic terms maybe Big Navi could almost meet or exceed the raw power of RTX 3080, but without all the bells and whistles that Nvidia is offering. I'm in it for those bells and whistles this time. Nvidia is so far ahead with things like ray tracing and using AI in getting DLSS to where it is that I'm actually buying the hype of team green this time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom