• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BT Presents Electronic Opus [3/28/15, Miami] - EDM goes orchestral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

bt-electronic-opus-690x310.jpg

BT is my favorite musician. A composer and DJ alike, he's also the nicest celebrity I've had the honor of meeting.

This weekend, he's taking his beats to a whole new level.

Electronic Opus is a unique and immersive symphonic/electronic concert event featuring reimagined versions of the most famous works from the award-winning, world-renowned, multiple-platinum artist, film composer and technologist Brian Transeau (aka BT). BT is considered one of the people who transformed modern music forever and is widely acknowledged as the godfather of trance.

The worldwide touring multimedia show, produced by Tommy Tallarico and TanZ Group, will combine top orchestras along with the multi-faceted on stage talents of BT, including singing, multi-instrumentalism and, of course, his well-known DJ skills. The show will include exclusive synchronized HD video footage and music arrangements, hyper-synchronized lighting and FX, as well as unique interactive segments to create an explosive one-of-a-kind entertainment experience.

I can not wait.

http://www.dancingastronaut.com/2015/03/bts-electronic-opus-plans-miami-music-weeks-ambitious-event/

Miami Music Week is inundated by an overabundance of things to do. Sunset cruises, pool parties, marathon warehouse raves – the options are endless but not particularly interesting. Amidst all the high energy partying, BT has taken a different approach to Miami, shirking the status quo to unveil his most ambitious project to date — the Electronic Opus. What started as a crowd-funded album recorded with a live orchestra has since grown into a full live experience that hopes to set a new benchmark for electronic music as a performance art.

A far cry from the label showcases strewn about South Beach and Downtown, BT’s Electronic Opus will be held off the beaten path at the Adrienne Arsht Center for Performing Arts. It is the first time an electronic act will be performing at the space during Miami Music Week. The show will include a full orchestra and an $800,000 visual budget, all designed by interactive and multimedia installation designers VVOX Labs.

Same city as Ultra, only cheaper!

If you want samples, enjoy.
(Flaming June, Suddenly, 1.618, Dreaming)

019315391cd4d7539126b6413971e4f0_original.jpg

7boKLUD.jpg

Flaming June
Dreaming
Never Gonna Come Back Down
Satellite
The Force of Gravity
Somnambulist (Simply Being Loved)
A Million Stars
Good Morning Kaia
Forget Me
The Emergency
Every Other Way
Skylarking
Lifeline
Suddenly
Love Comes Again
These Silent Hearts
Ferris Wheel (from the Motion Picture Monster)
The Fast and the Furious (Motion Picture montage)

Tickets are still available, I think!
http://www.arshtcenter.org/Tickets/Calendar/2014-2015-Season/BT-Electronic-Opus/BT-Electronic-Opus/

border

How big is BT?

A local bar with a capacity of less than 100 people was promoting an appearance by him and I thought it had to be bullshit. Surely he can pack a proper club..

cj_iwakura

How big is BT?

A local bar with a capacity of less than 100 people was promoting an appearance by him and I thought it had to be bullshit. Surely he can pack a proper club..

He likes intimate venues. I can vouch for that, I saw him at a bar in South Beach once. That's where I met him.

And you bet he can pack a club. He was at Ultra in 2006.
And hasn't been since. :( (Neither have I, coincidence?)

Ashhong

How big is BT?

His last album was decently big in the trance community. He's not a huge name anymore but he is still one of the most talented producers out there imo.

Manus

Love BT, a lot of people I know who like EDM and trance have never heard of him. I can play A Song Across Wires over and over again.

Ashhong

Never heard of him. He really invented trance? That must've been in the early 90's.

I don't know about inventing it but he was definitely a big pioneer. Dude is a legend. Everyone should listen to A Song Across Wires. But make sure you listen to the mixed version all in one go.

cj_iwakura

I don't know about inventing it but he was definitely a big pioneer. Dude is a legend. Everyone should listen to A Song Across Wires. But make sure you listen to the mixed version all in one go.

Absolutely. Also, the first disc of These Hopeful Machines is godlike. Track-to-track perfection.

Limit

I still haven't heard anything like "This Binary Universe" since its release in early 2000s. Even from BT, sadly. I know "If the stars are eternal.." is spiritual successor to Binary Universe but it just didn't sound as polished, interesting, or creative. Nevertheless, the small clips of Electronic opus sound promising. Looking forward to the full album.

cj_iwakura

Arsht Center says Ultra should not affect traffic leading to the show... unless you're coming from the south.

Two days! :D

(Am I really the only one here that's going?)

DiscoJer

Never heard of him. He really invented trance? That must've been in the early 90's.

Nope. Not even close.

I think it's questionable to even call the majority of his stuff trance. Much of his early stuff was progressive house (IMA in particular is not trance), then he jumped to mainstream EDM. Only some of his stuff was trance and that was well after trance was popular, much less invented.

cj_iwakura

Can't sing enough praise for this show. It was just plain breathtaking. The violins added to some of those tracks put them on a whole other level.

The setlist was, roughly:

• Flaming June
  • Forget Me (w/ Christian Burns)
  • Dreaming (w/ Kes)
  • The Emergency
  • Suddenly (w/ Christian Burns)
  • A Million Stars (w/ Kes)
  • Skylarking
  • Somnambulist (w/ Christian Burns(and Kaia!))
  • Good Morning Kaia
  • These Simple Hearts (w/ Christian Burns)
  • Love Comes Again
  • Satellite

The highlights: Skylarking, A Million Stars, Love Comes Again, These Simple Hearts, and the acoustic Satellite finale.

The visuals were wonderful, too. BT was as friendly as ever. Images later.

Can't sing enough praise for this show. It was just plain breathtaking. The violins added to some of those tracks put them on a whole other level.

The setlist was, roughly:

• Flaming June
  • Forget Me (w/ Christian Burns)
  • Dreaming (w/ Kes)
  • The Emergency
  • Suddenly (w/ Christian Burns)
  • A Million Stars (w/ Kes)
  • Skylarking
  • Somnambulist (w/ Christian Burns(and Kaia!))
  • Good Morning Kaia
  • These Simple Hearts (w/ Christian Burns)
  • Love Comes Again
  • Satellite

The highlights: Skylarking, A Million Stars, Love Comes Again, These Simple Hearts, and the acoustic Satellite finale.

The visuals were wonderful, too. BT was as friendly as ever. Images later.

This sounds pretty badass man. I was Ultra during this last night, didnt even know about it. I liked BT back in the day and saw him at Ultra in 2006. I'd like to see some vids of this!

cj_iwakura

And now some post-mortem, and higher quality images from actual photographers!

BT @BT · Mar 30

Tonight reminded me, it's all been worth it. Thank you Miami for one of the greatest nights of my entire life #ElectronicOpus

CBUtf73WYAAzZMy.jpg:large

I learned some very valuable things tonight. One was, my fans are mostly not EDM or dance music fans at all.
Secondly that wearing your heart on your sleeve, doing things of substance and altruism still mean something.

People came to #ElectronicOpus from all over the world. Not to come to #mmw or Ultra or any other events. We could have done this anywhere

Pretty sure a orchestral hall has never had an audience up & dancing like that!! A massive, heart felt thank you for making my dream reality

An article:
Screen-Shot-2015-04-01-at-11.30.22-PM.png

The concept of Electronic Opus is to combine a full orchestra with electronic beats, captivating vocals, stunning led visuals and the genius of BT himself. Eímear Noone conducted the orchestra as BT played an assortment of instruments-piano (acoustic and electric) and the electric guitar. The Symphony of sounds was accompanied by a slew of talented vocalists. Frequent BT collaborator Christian Burns graced us with his talents as a vocalist and guitarist.

A giant volumetric, topographic, one-of-a-kind 3D mapping wall sat behind the orchestra with over $300,000 worth of projectors and showed mesmerizing colorful visuals as songs progressed. The silhouette of the orchestra and it’s instruments created a magical ambiance. It felt as if you were traveling through time and being inspired by notions of love, wonderment and excitement. With so much movement on the stage, I felt a special part of my brain activating as I was transported to a world of higher self realization.

The movements of Eímear, the Conductor, added to the magnificent atmosphere of the Arsht Center. Dressed in an artistic avant garde leather jacket, she swayed back and forth as her hair flowed to the strong signature beats of the music. She controlled our experience of the evening as she pointed to the heavens with her baton or you might want to call it a magic wand. Conducting the songs of BT is not an easy task as the beats can be complex.

BT took us on a journey through nature, beauty, and relaxation. I could feel the synapses of my brain connecting as I sat in the very center of a 2000 seat theatre. The sounds crashed throughout the room from the circular ceiling to the tiered balconies on both sides of me.

http://destinationluxury.com/bt/
And some actual videos!

These Silent Hearts

Skylarking

A Million Stars (MUST WATCH)

Strakt

This album comes out today for people who preordered.

I've never been so hyped in my life for an album.

see5harp

I was randomly thinking about this dude the other day when I was trying to reconcile how popular EDM acts these days make six figures to put on the shittiest shows. BT is one of the old school guys but he's still around for a reason.

EDIT: I can't believe people who enjoy modern EDM music have no idea who he is. Dude should be headlining EDC.

cj_iwakura

I was randomly thinking about this dude the other day when I was trying to reconcile how popular EDM acts these days make six figures to put on the shittiest shows. BT is one of the old school guys but he's still around for a reason.

EDIT: I can't believe people who enjoy modern EDM music have no idea who he is. Dude should be headlining EDC.

BT's humble, it may be partially his own fault, and he likes it like that.

I envy those of you who backed this, I never even knew about it until the concert was announced. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom