• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie is hiring

Borys

Banned
Working for Bungie must be like working for Rockstar or Blizzard - every game dev/ designer/ coder dream job.

Rolling in cash.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Borys said:
Working for Bungie must be like working for Rockstar or Blizzard - every game dev/ designer/ coder dream job.

Rolling in cash.

Hmmmm, what makes you think that they are all paid well? I mean, I'm not saying they are or aren't, since I have no idea what they are paid, but I dunno if I would assume they are rolling in the dough.

Wollan

But if you want cred among coders, you work at Naughty dog.
naughtydog-logo.gif

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Dr_Cogent said:
Hmmmm, what makes you think that they are all paid well? I mean, I'm not saying they are or aren't, since I have no idea what they are paid, but I dunno if I would assume they are rolling in the dough.
They don't get paid much more than the average MS employee to my knowledge.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Tigerriot said:
Whoever they hire, I hope it ends up being someone who knows how to hurry the fuck up.

Yeah, cause we all know hurrying up doesn't lead to more bugs and problems to begin with right? :D

Tiger

Banned
Dr_Cogent said:
Yeah, cause we all know hurrying up doesn't lead to more bugs and problems to begin with right? :D

Regardless, Halo 2 took waaay too long and it turned out to not even having a freaking ending man. How can you defend that? It's obvious that Bungie is almost in Rare's category as far as development time and slow work enviornment. Allard should be over there kicking ass and taking names on a weekly basis. :lol

ToxicAdam

Someone PM me when they are hiring 'Office Gossip Monger' or 'Guy who walks in 3 minutes late and takes too many breaks'.

I'm overly qualified for both.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Tigerriot said:
Regardless, Halo 2 took waaay too long and it turned out to not even having a freaking ending man. How can you defend that? It's obvious that Bungie is almost in Rare's category as far as development time and slow work enviornment. Allard should be over there kicking ass and taking names on a weekly basis. :lol

Did I defend it? Nope, never defended it.

The thing is, shit happens, schedules slip, developers run into unanticipated problems. No one can tell the future, so no one really knows how long its going to take for sure. They just guesstimate as best they can.

FiRez

ToxicAdam said:
Someone PM me when they are hiring 'Office Gossip Monger' or 'Guy who walks in 3 minutes late and takes too many breaks'.

I'm overly qualified for both.

well frankie posts very frecuently here, so that position is already taken

I keed I keed

Iceman

Last Hope said:
Oh great. They are just starting on Halo 3 now. This will end up like Halo 2.

actually, it sounds like .. from the positions listed.. that they are midway through development if anything.

Top Bottom