• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twilo99

Just got a buff I think
  • SVA 545
    • Increased maximum damage range from 31.8m to 44.5m (+40%).
    • Increased near-medium damage range from 44.5m to 51.8m (+17%).
    • Increased medium damage range from 51.8m to 61m (+18%)

Best AR for mouse/keyboard in my opinion

calistan

I did it! I finally defeated SBMM! Thank you to whoever made Stash House, I think I've maybe lost two or three times ever on that map.

That last game was sweaty as hell, and I got my best ever kill tally. Maybe I should retire now, I'm never going to top this.

w6jwdhn.jpg

Last edited:

twilo99

I did it! I finally defeated SBMM! Thank you to whoever made Stash House, I think I've maybe lost two or three times ever on that map.

That last game was sweaty as hell, and I got my best ever kill tally. Maybe I should retire now, I'm never going to top this.

w6jwdhn.jpg

Share taq build

calistan

Share taq build
It's one that was shared on here a while ago. The mods are all big boosts for recoil, accuracy and tac stance. The 100-round mag takes ages to reload, but I'm generally dead before that ever needs to happen. I set it to full-time tac stance at the start of each match, there's barely any recoil, and in hardcore mode it's a 1-hit kill at the sort of range you fight at in small maps.

odxKFd7.jpg

nemiroff

Gold Member
How is it even possible to start a new season on an already anemic Zombies without any new content.. And with no content, why did they reset the containment levels, it's so stupid.

PsyEd

I got this trash a little late on sale. As usual sucked at first....started owning once I got the hang of it....biggest mistake! Now I got hit with that Eomm cancer this game has for the NPC crowd. Unless I de-boost my kd ratio intentionally...that one or two man elite bot(s) will randomly jump in my MP games just to magically frag me and then leave. Thanks IW...for making sure this is the last CoD I buy....your dumb tricks won't work on me and I ain't buying shit from your lootbox store 🖕

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I got this trash a little late on sale. As usual sucked at first....started owning once I got the hang of it....biggest mistake! Now I got hit with that Eomm cancer this game has for the NPC crowd. Unless I de-boost my kd ratio intentionally...that one or two man elite bot(s) will randomly jump in my MP games just to magically frag me and then leave. Thanks IW...for making sure this is the last CoD I buy....your dumb tricks won't work on me and I ain't buying shit from your lootbox store 🖕
I am actually enjoying this game at times but then when I do well I know whats about to happen and yeah that part sucks

I had a couple of decent games for me today and like you I get esports try hards on the other time and I just don't understand how someone on Stash house can go 121-13 and just melt me even when I engaged him first

This is 100% on PS5 with cross play off but had to have cronus type of help, his head shot skills were insane

twilo99

I am actually enjoying this game at times but then when I do well I know whats about to happen and yeah that part sucks

I had a couple of decent games for me today and like you I get esports try hards on the other time and I just don't understand how someone on Stash house can go 121-13 and just melt me even when I engaged him first

This is 100% on PS5 with cross play off but had to have cronus type of help, his head shot skills were insane

100+ kills is likely bunch of kill streaks like turrets, cluster mines, and air support..

PsyEd

I got it on X and tried both x play on and off for the pc crowd...and my next matches were filled with getting fragged just like that. And this was the game that was my biggest mistake "showing" off in TDM

TQSFGzO.jpeg

I too thought the Xbox only game where that one guy just jump shot sniped me from nowhere was using some kb/m device that tryhards settle for. or just rage hacked. Funny that guy even left before the match ended....like why would you leave if your team is winning? Next thing when I tried to search him/"IT"...just didn't have an activision ID thing in recently played??

And pretty much every matches after that everyone with a snoopy dog skin or whatever they're selling on their "store" were bullet sponges and the only way I would get them is if I camped or followed my team and spammed together. Pretty much Black Mirror level spooky story!

Well now I've gone back to CoD4 remaster...even with obvious hacks and cronos thing users...I still prefer it than these "balancing" bots showing up or in-game match nerfs for MP modes.

calistan

I got it on X and tried both x play on and off for the pc crowd...and my next matches were filled with getting fragged just like that. And this was the game that was my biggest mistake "showing" off in TDM

TQSFGzO.jpeg

I too thought the Xbox only game where that one guy just jump shot sniped me from nowhere was using some kb/m device that tryhards settle for. or just rage hacked. Funny that guy even left before the match ended....like why would you leave if your team is winning? Next thing when I tried to search him/"IT"...just didn't have an activision ID thing in recently played??

And pretty much every matches after that everyone with a snoopy dog skin or whatever they're selling on their "store" were bullet sponges and the only way I would get them is if I camped or followed my team and spammed together. Pretty much Black Mirror level spooky story!

Well now I've gone back to CoD4 remaster...even with obvious hacks and cronos thing users...I still prefer it than these "balancing" bots showing up or in-game match nerfs for MP modes.
I'm absolutely certain this isn't happening to me. You're sure the game is sending hunter-killer bots after you?

Maybe I'm just playing a different way - I've never come anywhere close to a k/d ratio of 21, so the matchmaking hasn't flagged me as someone who can get implausible scores. But I've been top of the leaderboard in multiple consecutive games, and it doesn't seem to affect what happens to me next time.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
100+ kills is likely bunch of kill streaks like turrets, cluster mines, and air support..
So I decided to go down this cheating rabbit hole and started with people I know who use a cronus my very own nephews.

They say its 100% working on their PS5 and its nearly aimbotting with them needing very little input.

My one nephew (who is now off to college) says most of the guys in his dorm who play use these devices "because why not?"

So I decided to talk to someone who has been a friend a very long time and in the gaming business a very long time including holding some very high up the food chain positions (he wouldn't comment unless it was off the record) so not naming him though most here likely knows who I mean

He said Activision, Xbox and Playstation 100% know there are programs out there running on PCs that emulate the signature of a console and can get a PC player running pure aimbots and walls into console only lobbies

These fucking people just disgust me honestly.

splattered

Yeah that is very disgusting "why not?" are you kidding me?

Who is raising these people to think that this sort of thing is ok, because why not?

Ugh

calistan

So I decided to go down this cheating rabbit hole and started with people I know who use a cronus my very own nephews.

They say its 100% working on their PS5 and its nearly aimbotting with them needing very little input.

My one nephew (who is now off to college) says most of the guys in his dorm who play use these devices "because why not?"
Next up you should investigate the effectiveness of Activision/Sony anti-cheating policies.

Tell him you want to see just how effective these devices are, and ask your nephew to set up a lobby with his cheating friends and screenshot their epic scores for research purposes.

Then report them all and see if anything actually happens. See if accounts or consoles are banned, and how easy it is for them to get back online.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Yeah that is very disgusting "why not?" are you kidding me?

Who is raising these people to think that this sort of thing is ok, because why not?

Ugh
When these devices were first being sold (they started on the strike pack things with their paid mods) they would say something like "If it was cheating WalMart wouldn't sell them" but now it has grown to yeah its cheating but why not

I don't get it but then again I play Baseball in the steroids era and saw people shooting each other in the ass openly in the locker rooms but I was too afraid of what it would do to me plus if I got caught what it would say about my time in the game

Next up you should investigate the effectiveness of Activision/Sony anti-cheating policies.

Tell him you want to see just how effective these devices are, and ask your nephew to set up a lobby with his cheating friends and screenshot their epic scores for research purposes.

Then report them all and see if anything actually happens. See if accounts or consoles are banned, and how easy it is for them to get back online.
As much as I hate my nephews cheating no way could I report them

Interestingly enough his cronus did trigger some sort of warning when he tried to play one day so he logged out and says the cronus got updated the following day and the warning was gone when logging in

twilo99

So I decided to talk to someone who has been a friend a very long time and in the gaming business a very long time including holding some very high up the food chain positions (he wouldn't comment unless it was off the record) so not naming him though most here likely knows who I mean

He said Activision, Xbox and Playstation 100% know there are programs out there running on PCs that emulate the signature of a console and can get a PC player running pure aimbots and walls into console only lobbies

If there is a way to cheat, people will cheat, and the rationale is likely "why not" more often than not..

twilo99

Just cracked 400hrs, which is not a good sign, but regardless I'm somehow yet to encounter anyone that is blatantly cheating in multiplayer. There has been a few in Warzone, but that's to be expected.

My review: great game.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Just cracked 400hrs, which is not a good sign, but regardless I'm somehow yet to encounter anyone that is blatantly cheating in multiplayer. There has been a few in Warzone, but that's to be expected.

My review: great game.
The people who are "good" at cheating wont be blatant about it to avoid getting reported

Only know this because nephew said he knows to die every 5 to 10 kills or so to stay under the radar

twilo99

The people who are "good" at cheating wont be blatant about it to avoid getting reported

Only know this because nephew said he knows to die every 5 to 10 kills or so to stay under the radar

I can usually tell by the way I die or the kill cam, but in HC there is no kill cam so I feel like that mode is impossible to tell what's going on, but yes, what your nephew is doing is "smart"

Last edited:

splattered

When these devices were first being sold (they started on the strike pack things with their paid mods) they would say something like "If it was cheating WalMart wouldn't sell them" but now it has grown to yeah its cheating but why not

I don't get it but then again I play Baseball in the steroids era and saw people shooting each other in the ass openly in the locker rooms but I was too afraid of what it would do to me plus if I got caught what it would say about my time in the game

As much as I hate my nephews cheating no way could I report them

Interestingly enough his cronus did trigger some sort of warning when he tried to play one day so he logged out and says the cronus got updated the following day and the warning was gone when logging in
You don't have to report them, maybe just... write them out of your will. Ha jk... maybe

avin

Well, now I'm a little blown. Sure, on one hand it's disgusting. But if you know other people are doing it, it can seem silly to play but not to do it yourself.

Strange game. It seems the only winning move is not to play.

avin

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Have sadly lost a lot of interest in this game super fast watching my nephew playing on his PS5 with a cronus

I knew people were cheating but just watching him and having him tell me literally all the kids he play with use them just hurts my heart for gaming

calistan

Have sadly lost a lot of interest in this game super fast watching my nephew playing on his PS5 with a cronus

I knew people were cheating but just watching him and having him tell me literally all the kids he play with use them just hurts my heart for gaming
Surely it can't be that prevalent. I just looked on my stats and win or lose (50/50 at the moment) I've been the top scorer across both teams 6 out of the last 10 games. If everyone was cheating then surely I couldn't compete.

Feel free to post those usernames for your nephews so any interested parties here can check out their stats...

Top Bottom