• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we get "Gamertags" and "Network ID's" listed under our usernames?

Any chance we can get this info displayed? Would be cool if the Gamertags were linkable too, so we could link it to our myxbox.com page, or even a 360voice.com page.

I know I'm putting my neck out there with a request like this, but I can't be the only one who thinks it would be worthwhile.

GhaleonEB

You can list your gamertag in your profile. I do think the other platforms should have fields, I'd imagine they will be added eventually.

I've added a half-dozen friends just from their profile here. It's pretty handy.

GhaleonEB said:
You can list your gamertag in your profile. I do think the other platforms should have fields, I'd imagine they will be added eventually.

I've added a half-dozen friends just from their profile here. It's pretty handy.

Oh neat, didn't realize that. I guess that works, would be nice to have it listed under our usernames too imo.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I vote no. No need to clutter more shit. There's a reason why we don't have sigs too. Just have it in your profile

NME

Wario64 said:
I vote no. No need to clutter more shit. There's a reason why we don't have sigs too. Just have it in your profile

I agree with this.

Also, there are threads to list your friend code/Gamer tag/whatever PS3 uses in addition to your profile. Use those threads!

Wario64 said:

It's just an extra line of text or two. I don't know, I just think it would help the community a bit. See a funny post, see their online nick, bam, you might have a new buddy to play with....

It could even be just a linkable little icon, that shows you that person has an entry in their profile for said console.

Shaved Moustache said:
It's just an extra line of text or two. I don't know, I just think it would help the community a bit. See a funny post, see their online nick, bam, you might have a new buddy to play with....
It's an extra line of text or two adding height to thousands of posts, versus one click to get to the profile of anyone you're actually interested about.

What might be cool is if the actual information was in the profile, but we could have some indicator to go along with usernames / avatars that simply tell you - at a glance - whether someone has an XBL tag, PlayStation equivilent or a Wii number. Maybe small icons or something?

Maybe that'd be too hard..

edit: it'd add to page height maybe, but the page load would be less than listing the information in every thread because it would be the same icon(s) for everybody

JoshuaJSlone said:
It's an extra line of text or two adding height to thousands of posts, versus one click to get to the profile of anyone you're actually interested about.

What about the clickable icon idea? One row that would have all 3 if you have an entry in your profile.

Like this:

Shaved Moustache
X P W

that would show up if i had an entry for all 3 consoles in my profile, and each could be linkable to a page.. or the profile.

They could even move the reply edit quote links to the right side of the page, next to the post #??

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Why not feature them in that little drop down menu when your name is clicked? That way you don't have to go all the way into their profile to see if they have a name.

sangreal

JoshuaJSlone said:

It takes two clicks, not one, and you don't know if the person you are interested in has one listed in his profile until you view it.

I think it would be way more convenient to have it listed even if its part of the dropdown or just a tiny icon w/ alt text or something

raYne

alr1ghtstart said:
Why not feature them in that little drop down menu when your name is clicked? That way you don't have to go all the way into their profile to see if they have a name.
"All the way into their profiles"?

Holy shit people, It's two mouse clicks...

Anyway, they should either put it in the profiles as it is for xbox gamertags or use the drop down menu as you suggested. No need to screw around with the board format just to appease the lazy.

Giard

alr1ghtstart said:

That's a great idea

xaosslug

eww, I hope not. One of the reasons why I love GAF's design is on account unlike other forums' it's a very simple and clean, 56k friendly board. HOORAY for no custom sigs on GAF, also. :)

Top Bottom