• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can you queue up downloads via xbox.com?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
If not what's the friggin use of the site? Whoopie doo I can view mine and others gamerscores and achievements... oh joy I can send Bish a message or see what he's playing right now, or when he was last on what he was doing.

Big friggin whip. If I can't queue up downloads I give this site an F-

If I can, where the hell is the option?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
DarienA said:
If not what's the friggin use of the site? Whoopie doo I can view mine and others gamerscores and achievements... oh joy I can seen Bish a message or see what he's playing right now.

Big friggin whip. If I can't queue up downloads I give this site an F-

If I can, where the hell is the option?

Don't think that is an option. I wouldn't want to leave my Xbox360 on all the time to utilize that feature, though(unless you mean, choose the downloads, and then start up the Xbox. That would be cool).

I would, however, like the ability to see when my downloads are complete. Cause I usually start several, and then browse sites online until they're done.

Get on this, Microsoft!

relyt9

No you can't. And I find xbox.com quite useful when I don't fell like booting up my console just to send one of my buddies a message. Or it is also useful when you're away from your console, say on a vacation. Also, how do you expect to queue up downloads assuming that your console is off (the time when xbox.com is the most useful).

DarienA

To both the previous posters... a queue doesn't need a device to be active for it to be useful. the queue could simply hold downloads until the device reconnects to the network(in this case your 360 reconnections to XBL), and start downloads.

Think people!

...and when I'm away on vacation(if it's not with me) the last thing I'm thinking about is firing up my console to send somebody a friggin message.

Hey Bish I'm on vacation at my timeshare, I can't game with you tonight! Boo hoo :(

relyt9

DarienA said:
To both the previous posters... a queue doesn't need a device to be active for it to be useful. the queue could simply hold downloads until the device reconnects to the network(in this case your 360 reconnections to XBL), and start downloads.

Think people!

Hold on, if you're willing to wait until you turn your console on to start DLing. Then why are you making a big deal on having to be able to queue up DLs on xbox.com. It wouldn't be practical. Waste of time if you ask me.

DarienA

relyt9 said:
Hold on, if you're willing to wait until you turn your console on to start DLing. Then why are you making a big deal on having to be able to queue up DLs on xbox.com. It wouldn't be practical. Waste of time if you ask me.

Spoken like a true non IT person. Kudos. It's not your fault though, you don't know any better so I forgive you.

Suffice to say while I'm at work and some goof on GAF is screaming about how great some demo is, it sure would be nice to just go to xbox.com and queue it up for download, then my lazy ass doesn't have to remember when I get home, ok now what demo am I suppose to be remembering to download?

relyt9

DarienA said:
Spoken like a true non IT person. Kudos. It's not your fault though, you don't know any better so I forgive you.

Suffice to say while I'm at work and some goof on GAF is screaming about how great some demo is, it sure would be nice to just go to xbox.com and queue it up for download, then my lazy ass doesn't have to remember when I get home, ok now what demo am I suppose to be remembering to download?

Wow... your amount of laziness astounds me...

DarienA

Tieno said:
Are you this annoying in real life too?

I've earned the right to be this annoying baby!

You youngsters today don't know how good you have it! Why when I was your age... school... snow... uphill...both ways... no boots, hat or gloves!

Messages from xbox.com is great, I got a usb keyboard for my 360 but its still quicker and easier for me to do such things from the website.

DarienA

arne said:
FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!

not a bad idea. go submit it to the xbox.com/dashboard folks.

I'm too lazy for that, please forward the suggestion for me. Thanks. ;)

Top Bottom