• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces Megaman Battle Network 4.5 Real Operation!

jarrod

Banned
It was announced awhile back... makes me wonder if Rockman.EXE5 won't be pushed to DS instead of GBA.

edit-Oh and now GBA almost caught up to PS1 for the most Rockman releases...

PlayStation
01 Rockman (Game Works)
02 Rockman 2 (Game Works)
03 Rockman 3 (Game Works)
04 Rockman 4 (Game Works)
05 Rockman 5 (Game Works)
06 Rockman 6 (Game Works)
07 Rockman 8
08 Rockman Battle & Chase
09 Rockman Dash
10 Rockman Dash 2
11 Rockman X4
12 Rockman X5
13 Rockman X6
14 Super Adventure Rockman
15 Tron ni Kobun

GameBoy Advance
01 Battle Network Rockman.EXE
02 Battle Network Rockman.EXE 2
03 Battle Network Rockman.EXE 3
04 Battle Network Rockman.EXE 3 Black
05 Battle Network Rockman.EXE 4: Blue Moon
06 Battle Network Rockman.EXE 4: Red Sun
07 Battle Network Rockman.EXE 4.5 Real Operation
08 Rockman & Bass
09 Rockman.EXE Battle Chip GP
10 Rockman Zero
11 Rockman Zero 2
12 Rockman Zero 3
13 Rockman Anniversary Collection (?)

32BIT!!!

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
jarrod said:
It was announced awhile back... makes me wonder if Rockman.EXE5 won't be pushed to DS instead of GBA.

Holy crap, you're right. It's being released on August 5th in Japan. This is the first I've heard of it. I wonder how that happened.

capcomrecycle.jpg

belgurdo

Banned
Ugh, just fuck it. RX Command Mission will be the last Capcom game I legitimately obtain. Fuck all this recycling.

Link316

Banned
belgurdo said:
Ugh, just fuck it. RX Command Mission will be the last Capcom game I legitimately obtain. Fuck all this recycling.

same here, and I'm only buying Command Mission because its by the BoFV team

belgurdo

Banned
Link316 said:
same here, and I'm only buying Command Mission because its by the BoFV team

Me too. I just hope they didn't mess with anything else besides the dungeon crawling formula.

Kuroyume

Banned
belgurdo said:

And we have our first "weak excuse not to play the games" of our topic...

:p

belgurdo

Banned
Kuroyume said:
And we have our first "weak excuse not to play the games" of our topic...

:p

Because not playing a game because there's blac....the sky is orange > not buying the same game six times? ;)

kiryogi

Banned
Hmm I wouldn't say the milking is that bad for .exe. Each one did incorporate some bigger things and used different dungeon concepts. Not to mention they actually redid sprites for 4. That didn't happen with previous megamans until 6 and X4! (and x4 was a platform change!) 4's quite possibly the best entry as of far.

pops619

Sounds like crap to me. You don't control the characters in battle? What the hell? The biggest draw of the Battle Network games is the battle system. So basically it's a Battle Network game with the Chip Challenge battle system? Uh, no thanks.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So basically I just go ahead and sell off Mega Man Battle Network 4 now, while it's still worth something? :\

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Lyte Edge said:
So basically I just go ahead and sell off Mega Man Battle Network 4 now, while it's still worth something? :\

if you're that big a fan of the series, yeah. but this'll never leave japan.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
jooey said:
if you're that big a fan of the series, yeah. but this'll never leave japan.

Don't be so sure about that. The Battle Network series is huge in the states. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people requesting BN4 this week while I was browsing in stores. I have no doubt that 4.5 will make it stateside. It's the peripheral that might not get brought over.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
I dunno, I just don't think capcom usa has the attention span to really go the full bore pokemon route with the series. the games and the cartoon and the comic are all we have. and battle chip challenge was as much a cheap cashin for japan as it was here.

Swordian

pops619 said:
Sounds like crap to me. You don't control the characters in battle? What the hell? The biggest draw of the Battle Network games is the battle system. So basically it's a Battle Network game with the Chip Challenge battle system? Uh, no thanks.

I haven't played BCC, but this sounds different. At http://www.ktv.ne.jp/~takara/new-gba-rockman.htm it talks about deciding on tactics based on your folder and your navi then carries them out.

Lyte Edge said:

You actually think this has a chance of being released here?

http://www.planet-megaman.com/ has quite a bit more information on the game. Scroll down to July 1st.

pops619 said:

It sounds like you have the OPTION not to control them.

For the record, Battle Chip Challenge really blows.

Fifty

pops619 said:

Yeah, why is that a feature they want to make known? Battle Chip Challenge was the biggest POS I've ever played (with Megaman in it :) ) Just an awful game. You can say that the Battle Networks have been somewhat of a milking, but at least they've all (up until this point) been quality games. Capcom seems to be thinking they've got the next Pokemon on their hands.

kiryogi

Banned
Well realistically, that's how PET/Net Navis work. The Navi is its own being and usually all the operator does is support with chips and tactics. It's how it works in the TV series until Axess, so I imagine Capcom might be aiming to match it along the lines of TV. Good selling point for the kiddies over there really.

The last four Nintendo Dreams have covered it pretty extensively. To me I can't tell the damn difference except for this chip toy. Oh well.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
FortNinety said:
Ummm.... which one's? I never noticed any changes.

Yeah, I keep reading that, but the only thing I noticed is that the sprites on the overworld maps look smaller in Battle Network 4. If they redrew them, then they made everything look the same. :p

kiryogi

Banned
Yeah, its the field sprites that got the change, still waiting for battle. But hey, most of the souls are pretty badass.

Fifty

I like the soul system, a bit, correct me if I'm wrong here...but there's no real incentive to battle in this game. I'm saying that the slight "leveling up" aspect of the styles is gone, and we're left with far too many battles, with no character improvements. Please prove me wrong :)

kiryogi

Banned
Well the beauty of it is that Capcom shortened the game and added lots of Navi battles, which are much more entertaining than normal virus busting.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
kiryogi said:
Well realistically, that's how PET/Net Navis work. The Navi is its own being and usually all the operator does is support with chips and tactics. It's how it works in the TV series until Axess, so I imagine Capcom might be aiming to match it along the lines of TV. Good selling point for the kiddies over there really.

Exactly what I was going to post. It's even more like the show. (something I wish Nintendo did with Pokemon) Its got the possibility of being huge.

nubbe

Can you imagine anything cooler then actually inserting the chips you are going to use? I think not!

BATTLE CHIPE! SWORDO SLOTO IN!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
While Capcom is at it why don't they make a game starring the Kobum (AND ONLY KOBUN). I'd imagine they can do something interesting and fun like they did with the Slime game.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Damn it, get Arika to make Network Transmission 2, Capcom. Or hell, do it yourselves! I loved the game, and with a little bit more work, they could make it REALLY special.

I didn't get into the second game even though I did rather like the freshness of the 1st one. By the time third WHITE/BLUE editions hit... I was over it. This is one customer Capcom lost from their constant rehashes. Oh well, I guess development time is shortish and they can recycle them sprites.

Pity really cause the game was quite cool

nubbe

Lets ignore that each Battle Network game had new story, new chip system, new interface, new enemies, new Navis, new areas, new style systems… assloads of new sprites and shit just because Megaman and some other virus where the same.

Top Bottom