• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Fighting Jam Name Change and Arcade Board (System 246)

DrDogg

http://www.gamedaily.com/general/article/?id=6979&game_id=3185

I think I like Capcom Fighting Jam better, but does anyone know if Capcom has used an arcade board other than their own before? I know most of their titles have run on CPS boards, but it appears this one is hitting the System 246.

Also, is the arcade version hitting the US or is it Japan only? It's supposed to be available in October, but with the US home version releasing in November, and arcades in their current state, it doesn't look like it's hitting the US.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Capcom made several major arcade releases using the Naomi (Dreamcast based) board including:

Project Justice
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Capcom Vs. SNK
Capcom Vs. SNK 2
Power Stone
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper

I'm not sure if Power Stone 2 and Gigawing 2 got arcade cabinet releases on the Naomi offhand however.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Bluemercury said:
Unfortunately......

"Unfortunately...." what? I don't think it would have been a problem to create a game animated better than SF3 on the Naomi, same goes with the System 246. The problem with 2D games on both of the boards is that Capcom continued to use the same low res sprites, but put them against high res 3D backgrounds, making them stand out even more. CvS1 looked better as it used a 2D background, and I'm glad to see Fighting Evolution is doing the same thing. Oh, and of course, Capcom went tone-deaf with their BGM selections. :p

I'm just amazed at what happened to this game. When I went to the beta test for SNK vs. Capcom I wanted to write on the little questionnaire "chuck the whole bloody mess in the garbage." Apparently enough people did this for Capcom Fighting All-Stars.

4. What could be done to improve the gameplay?

Set all your copies of this game on fire. Start again, and make it 2D, you morons._________

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Kobun Heat said:
I'm just amazed at what happened to this game. When I went to the beta test for SNK vs. Capcom I wanted to write on the little questionnaire "chuck the whole bloody mess in the garbage." Apparently enough people did this for Capcom Fighting All-Stars.

What I find disappointing (so far) is the lack of new playable characters, and the small roster. The game just feels so recycled and it's not even out yet....we're getting only four new characters after three years of no new fighters from Capcom? Come on, Capcom, I want at least 10 new sprites and a roster equal in size to that of MvC2 and CvS2.

I'm glad Ingrid was made 2D, now how about all the other Capcom Fighting All-Stars Characters? How about Strider? What abou Poison and Haggar? Put them in this game!

MoxManiac

What's worse is that they it doesn't look like they've even made an effort to make the sprites blend this time. I mean with CvS2, Yun was at least "downgraded" so that he looked in line with the rest of the cast sprites. But seeing Darstalkers 1 Demitri vs Red Earth Hauser (and I haven't played Red Earth but i'll bet it's a direct rip) just looks messy. Even the lifebars scream MUGEN.

That said, it's a new 2D fighter and it's still early, so i'm crossing my fingers.

Top Bottom