• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Dracula Question (spoilers for DoS)

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
This is for a drawing I plan to do, but no worries, as there won't be any death or even nudity in this one. However, there are some things I'm not really sure of about the Castlevania storyline since the only games I've played are III and DoS. I've read up on some things on Wikipedia, but there are still some holes.

Basically, the drawing I want to do is Mina in her miko outfit, I guess back at whatever shrine she worked at. In the extreme foreground, perhaps even outside the image, would be Soma. Mina is looking rather shocked and afraid, as
this would be dark-side Soma

Now my questions are:

-Does the Castlevania version of Dracula have the same characteristics of the traditional European vampire (no shadow, no reflection, etc.)? I ask mainly because I can't think of any way to portray
Dracula/Soma from behind, so I was thinking of just having it look like him from the back, but casting a shadow more resembling Dracula onto the image. Also, I guess that also requires me to know whether Castlevania Dracula had any aversion to sunlight.

-Did anything occur at the end of AoS that would have
disrupted Mina from still being a miko, such as perhaps her father's shrine being destroyed, or is it supposed to still be there?

the year 20XX said:
Tribute? You steal Konami's characters, and make them your fanart!

Mankind ill needs a drawing such as this.

had to
perhaps the same could be said of all artists...

but enough talk, draw it

yeah, I am pretty sure Soma has a reflection in DoS. Speaking of DoS, is that game still rare or did it get a reprint recently? I saw one at Fry's in Woodland Hills (So Cal) if anyone in the area wants one.

Soma obviously isn't harmed by sunlight, but I think Dracula is. At least in a weakened state. Remember how he turns into bats that are destroyed in the ray of light in Castlevania IV.

MoxManiac

Quadrophenic said:
yeah, I am pretty sure Soma has a reflection in DoS. Speaking of DoS, is that game still rare or did it get a reprint recently? I saw one at Fry's in Woodland Hills (So Cal) if anyone in the area wants one.

Yes, it was reprinted last month or so

Top Bottom