• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
castlevania-portrait-of-ruin-20060914105440448.jpg

castlevania-portrait-of-ruin-20060914105440073.jpg

castlevania-portrait-of-ruin-20060914105435276.jpg

castlevania-portrait-of-ruin-20060914105433683.jpg

castlevania-portrait-of-ruin-20060914105521787.jpg

castlevania-portrait-of-ruin-20060914105520428.jpg

castlevania-portrait-of-ruin-20060914105518272.jpg

castlevania-portrait-of-ruin-20060914105438448.jpg

They need to get rid of this anime art style....they should go back to the glory days back in the 80's. Needs more Conan the Barbarian.

Nothing is better than the original stylized 80's art:

castlevania-wall.jpg

KingGondo

Banned
The crap art style didn't affect the quality of DoS, so who cares. As long as the gameplay is fantastic, I'm happy. :)

Chao

KAWAII ARTWORK SUGOI SUGARY SAKURA DROPS.

In fact, Dawn of Sorrow was a bit better than this piece of crap.

Those screenshots are hot.

And the anime thing has been there for the past few GBA games, so I don't see why it's a problem only now.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kojima, you better be working on a 2.5D Castlevania for Wii and not another 3D Castlevania. :(

Sagitario

Brauner reminds me of:
nosferatupngthumbok8.jpg

The artwork is fine and at least it's better than DoS... plus, is not like the sprites in the game would be different if Iga used Kojima's artwork...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mr. E. Yis said:
Those screenshots are hot.

And the anime thing has been there for the past few GBA games, so I don't see why it's a problem only now.

The shitty artwork started on the DS.

Artwork aside, I can't wait to give this game a try. The two character thing sort of reminds me of DoS's Julius mode in a vague way. Using both at the same time will open the gates for all sorts of new mayhem.

castlevania-portrait-of-ruin-20060511103946997.jpg

"Hello. I'm IGA. I'm responsible for the Castlevania games these days. Now, I know that my DS software team is creatively bankrupt. But really, isn't it great that our protagonist has such a huge package? I know you'll thank me for it in the end."

Doctor_No

I seriously miss Ayami Kojima's character designs!

But the game looks absolutely great, will be adding this game to my long-list of holiday season must-buys.

Dalauz

i really dont care about -external- artwork. Every single CV was kinda anime stylish INGAME.
i really care about how damn easy was DoS.
CotM was a metroidvania with the right difficulty. Please IGA.

SreyB

Ninja Scooter said:
the actual artwork from Castlevania 64 was great. Much better than the DS crap, and i even prefer it to kojimas femmy ass designs.

The N64 one had good art? I guess, if you are into bare chested dudes with ascots...

I've not really been following this one too closely until recently (I only beat DoS yesterday), but please tell me they've ditched the drawing of seals?

SreyB said:
The N64 one had good art? I guess, if you are into bare chested dudes with ascots...

Reinhardtschneider.jpg

Vincent-drawing.jpg

(holy crap, vampire hunters that actually look like men?!?!)

This is all i could find online, there's more in the artwork section of the official strategy guide (don't ask me why i have it) but its a lot of good stuff, it just doens't translate well when you have like 5 polygons to work with. There's also a lot of cool stuff that didn't make the cut for whatever reason, like the Frankenstein character that was supposed to be playable.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The lack of Ayami Kojima makes me weep. Why IGA?!

the year 20XX said:
...recycled boss.

Hopefully it's a boss rush mode...

Crazy small room to fight this guy, though:lol

What's the good artist (kojima) up to anyways? Maybe her absense from this one means another console version isn't far behind? Not that I care for the console games but we need more of her art. btw, isn't she Hideo's sister?

ghibli99

^^^ @ Surreal: That's what I'm talking about. I concur with all my fellow Ayami Kojima-loving fans. WTF is with this art?
Pureauthor said:
I don't get the hate on the art.
Let me guess, you think Mallrats is Kevin Smith's best film?

Top Bottom