• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cell Phone Help - Olimario needs a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.

olimario

Banned
My dad just got his new Blackberry so I got his old phone and his old #.
The problem is, his old phone is as basic as you can get and I want a new one.

Can GAF please recommend a nice, reasonably priced, flip-top phone with a long battery life?

olimario

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
go to your dad's provider and ask them what you can get. Buying w/o a plan can get pretty expensive.

We have had this phone for a couple years...
Are phone's cheaper if you go through a provider?
Can I just get a new phone and have my provider switch the # to that phone?

Dilbert

What provider do you have now? What is your budget? What are your top three discriminators in a phone (size, cost, style, volume, camera, video, MP3, games, etc.)?

Fusebox

Banned
What is it with the USA and flip-top phones? And don't try and deny the obsession, we get your movies and TV shows.

I just sold my K700i and bought the S700i - sexy! Bluetooth, fm radio, mp3 playback, Sony duo memory stick support, 1.3mp camera with manual white balance, ev shift etc, and a terrific 262k, 320 x 240 colour screen.

Article_Images%5C2004-03%5C9891-3.jpg

2004-3-10-10-23-13-7846.jpg

s700hand.JPG

Some snaps I've taken with it:

DSC00146.JPG

DSC00077.JPG

DSC00062.JPG

olimario said:
We have had this phone for a couple years...
Are phone's cheaper if you go through a provider?
Can I just get a new phone and have my provider switch the # to that phone?

im not an expert on the subject by any means, but i think if you have had the phone for a few years already, you might be eligible for an upgrade from the provider, which means you get a new phone at a nice discount. You can buy a phone on your own and switch it over, but it has to be a compatible band or some shit. Check out myworldphone.com to browse some prices and get and idea of what you'd have to shell out to do this.

olimario

Banned
Cingular
$200

I want flip top, long battery life, and good buttons for texting.
I don't care much beyond that.

keiichi

Where'd you get the S700? I have my eye on that phone, I was debating between that and the Motorola Razr V3 but the S700 is much more functional.

Fusebox

Banned
keiichi said:
Where'd you get the S700? I have my eye on that phone, I was debating between that and the Motorola Razr V3 but the S700 is much more functional.

Imported it for Singapore for less than my friend blew on his V3 - the V3 is beautifully made, but it just kind of does nothing and has bugger all memory to do it with.

6230s were nice about halfway through the year but they're pretty old-school now, their screens are so last-gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom