• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Celshaded Zelda OoT final texture pack released

SantaC

I did a search and I couldn't find this posted yet, but the long awaited celshaded texture pack for Zelda OoT is available for download. Some screens from the final:

THELEGENDOFZELDA-144.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-146.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-148.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-149.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-150.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-151.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-152.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-153.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-154.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-155.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-156.jpg

THELEGENDOFZELDA-162.jpg

aboslutley stunning! You can get the texture pack here!

edit:

As a reminder, this texture pack is working with something called RICE plugin, BUT it's not 100% workable yet. You have to wait until Orkins plugin is released (he is working on it now) until you can play it in it's full glory. That's why you see some glicthes now.

Luckett_X

Banned
Just area's there. Wasn't there also some model texture edits someone was working on as well?

I'd like to just be able to download a fully Celda'd OoT than faff with individual packs and whatnot :(

SantaC

brandonh83 said:
That's a lot of damn hearts.

well as a reminder, this texture pack is working with something called RICE plugin, BUT it's not 100% workable yet. You have to wait until Orkins plugin is out until you can play it in it's full glory. that's why you see some glicthes now.

Tain

You know what would be awesome?

If someone dug around and mapped out the level formats for OoT and Mario 64, and wrote an editor on-par with Lunar Magic for Super Mario World.

It's a pity there aren't many post-SNES rom level editors.

SantaCruZer said:
well as a reminder, this texture pack is working with something called RICE plugin, BUT it's not 100% workable yet. You have to wait until Orkins plugin is out until you can play it in it's full glory. that's why you see some glicthes now.

Bah, I was merely kidding. I figured as much. But I can't wait to play it. :)

SantaCruZer said:
Someone want to make a thread when this is 100% playable? I'll try it then.

SantaC

Parallax Scroll said:
Someone want to make a thread when this is 100% playable? I'll try it then.

well it's playable now, but some people probably don't want to experience glitches :D

some gameplay pics:

29400-djipis-final-cel-zelda-mod-legend-zelda-16.jpg

29401-djipis-final-cel-zelda-mod-legend-zelda-21.jpg

29407-djipis-final-cel-zelda-mod-legend-zelda-58.jpg

29406-djipis-final-cel-zelda-mod-legend-zelda-52.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
SantaCruZer said:
You'll let us know when it's out though, right? :)

snaildog

Looks a bit hit-and-miss. The cliffs on the Lake Hylia screen are awesome, but the big spaces of grass and desert are just bland. Probably quite cool in motion though.

sammy

looks like they got everything right save for the cell-shading ---

nice job on the icons, textures, and especially that sky ---- still, are they having a hard time cell-shading link?

Tain

looks like they got everything right save for the cell-shading ---

nice job on the icons, textures, and especially that sky ---- still, are they having a hard time cell-shading link?

Link probably won't look any better.

The textures can be re-drawn, but the actual coordinates that tell how the texture is placed can't be changed. So, for characters like Link that are mostly solid-colored anyway, there isn't much freedom in texturing him. If you were to draw something high-res, it would probably appear completely stretched and impossible to make out.

On top of that, nothing in this is actually cel-shaded; it's just high-res textures drawn in the same style as something that would be cel-shaded. So, no hard shadows anywhere or outlines or anything else like that. If only.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
DSN2K said:
1280x1024 4xAA 8xAF

project6420051124050007929gn.jpg

project6420051124045339653zm.jpg

pretty amazing to see it this clean.
1280x1024 means Revolution can't run this game. :(

bummyhead

i still think these look absolutely fantastic, way better than the "real" textures.

I do hope that the zelda for DS is a 3d title.

suaveric

bummyhead said:
i still think these look absolutely fantastic, way better than the "real" textures.

I do hope that the zelda for DS is a 3d title.

Considering how good Celshading seems to look on the DS, this is not a bad idea at all.

Top Bottom