• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Changing countries in Xbox Live?

Zeenbor

I opened up an Xbox Live account when I lived in Canada that was bound to a specific credit card that had a Canadian address. I recently moved from Canada back to the U.S. (woot) Now, I want to update my contact information and add a U.S. credit card to the account. The problem is that when try to select the state for the address, I only get a listing of all Canadian provinces. This SUCKS!

So... Anyone know what's going on? I'm hopeful that someone has experienced the same thing before here on GAF. :) It's a shame that Microsoft's support is shit right now because of the launch, because I already tried calling them (and their phone system hung up on me) and submitting a support ticket on the Web site (no response).

Troidal

IIRC, you can't. I first registered my US Xbox with my country of origin as Japan and then I found out it only downloads freakin' DL contents for NTSC-J version of the same game!

I recall I was upset that I couldnt change the damn country of origin, I re-registered with a new Live account, used a different credit card and used a US address (my brother's address to be specific).

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
weird - i had 3 XBL accounts at one point, but then i retired all of them but my US machine account.

I then tried moving it across to my Japanese machine and HEY , it worked...
i then moved it back and forth a couple of times, seemed to be fine...

I intend to move the account back across to the US machine if i get one, i guess i could just set up a new account and have one for JPN and one for US, but hey...

stewy

Yeah, on my multiple moves from Canada to the US and back, I've never been able to change the country on my account. That's why I've had three different Live accounts so far.

monoRAIL

Banned
I'm in the same situation. Registered my Live account with an Irish credit card, then switched the payment to an Australian credit card.

The damn thing still charges me in Euros and I can't link my MSN Passport to my Live account because of some annoying database glitch. I've been on the phone to microsoft about it many times and they always mess me around with lame excuses. They just don't seem to have a programmer capable of changing the region of a Live account. Microsoft can't fix their own database!!!! Muppets.

So I think my only option is to start a new account. Which is very annoying because I like my gamertag and don't want to lose my friends list.

Top Bottom