• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese New Year Gala LIVE: Happy Year of the Tigger: Love CCTV and Winnie the Pooh

MrMephistoX

So is this a weird Chinese variety hour for new years? Plus where's the elephant man?!

All I got was couples arguing on a couch
YES! If you start from the beginning the elephant suit men are there it’s like the second act I think. Re people arguing on the couch that’s basically sketch comedy.

Last edited:

nush

Start the CCTV Chinese New year Gala Bingo list.

Racial insensitivity
Comedy skits where the common working man comes out on top
Tier One City montage
Kids dancing dressed as bees or butterfly's
Jackie Chan singing
Chinese Astronaut, although this year it's more likely to be an Olympic athlete
Chinese multi-chinese ethnic montage in traditional dress
Amazing dance performances
Amazing martial arts adjacent performance.
"Hey it's that guy from that Chinese movie that's great" (Sorry Simu Lui, not you Chang Shi got cancelled in China)

Greatest TV stage show in the world. No other country can afford to make this level of investment in one show.

MrMephistoX

Racial insensitivity
Tier One City montage
Jackie Chan singing
"Hey it's that guy from that Chinese movie that's great" (Sorry Simu Lui, not you Chang Shi got cancelled in China)

Greatest TV stage show in the world. No other country can afford to make this level of investment in one show.
Welp the kids have been militarized this year. No butterflies or bees yet.
ec8bcLh.jpg

RAÏSanÏa

Got to use the medieval Chinese setting on Stellarium. Think I get a little better idea of what's going on with this calendar.
oruIPB8.png

nush

Racial insensitivity
Tier One City montage
Jackie Chan singing

Low scores on the bingo card so far this year.

nush

1000% more children performing dangerous neck breaking stunts in cute rabbit outfits though.

They've had this same cube raising stage and virtual stage extension since about 2013. Time to upgrade to 2023 tech now, each year, same as the last.

2 hours in, surprising lack of #Chinanumaone content.

nush

3 hours in, still no China winning montage with drone footage of major cities. Why could that be? :unsure:

MrMephistoX

They've had this same cube raising stage and virtual stage extension since about 2013. Time to upgrade to 2023 tech now, each year, same as the last.

2 hours in, surprising lack of #Chinanumaone content.
Closest we’ve gotten to blackface….Happy Chinese New Year Y’all!
DbnEwp2.jpg

MrMephistoX

Are the London piano little pinks going to have their segment shown?

Show starts in about 40 minutes from this post.
Time will tell but it’s definitely time to get your black face bingo cards ready. lol my wife forced me to upgrade to YouTube premium the amount of ads is fucking annoying and intrusive this year. But hey 4K is new!?

Last edited:

MrMephistoX

kZQuznO.jpg

Product placement really is off the scale this year. Post pandemic China really is in economic difficulty, CCP can't afford to bankroll this gala alone this year.
Surprised I didn’t see that random RIO Beverage that’s in like every Chinese drama ever now. Spitting the latest Chinese cell phone tech in the skits is always fun too.

nush

Surprised I didn’t see that random RIO Beverage that’s in like every Chinese drama ever now. Spitting the latest Chinese cell phone tech in the skits is always fun too.

For a really fun game go back to the early MCU movies and spot all the Chinese product placement in them, even before people caught on they were pandering to China.

I went to a friend's place for dinner on Friday and they had that drink since someone they know sent it to them from overseas. I had 2 bottles and it does taste pretty good. very refreshing. but afterwards my piss was this bright yellow color for like half a day.

Top Bottom