• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Christian Bale Sure is Looking... Like Dick Cheney

Ashhong

Isn't that like one of his main selling points for studio?

Not to insult Bales acting, but shouldn't his acting be the selling point? That picture is ridiculous. It's like he can only find roles that make him do transformations.

Xe4

Banned
How the fuck does he do it.
In American Hustle he was fairly fat as well.

Diet and exercise on a regular basis does wonders for changing your body type. Simply changing your caloric input and workout type can change lots of stuff.

If I remember correctly, in the Machinist he would barely eat at all (he wanted to hit 50 kg but his doctor actually told him he couldn't loose any more weight safely), and then for Batman Begins he would just eat pizza and work out all day.

220px-46_Dick_Cheney_3x4.jpg

Pic for those who can't see it

Underrated post.

Kazuhira

It's incredible how he can go from skinny to really obese,then have a normal weight and then being ripped as fuck.
It's like he has a real character creator in his house or something lol.

Bale as Cheney. Oldman as Churchill. I get they want big names to draw crowds, but this is silly.

Just hire an actor that is actually fat, and that actually looks like a balding old man.

Also Bale's poor body...

Glass Rebel

Not to insult Bales acting, but shouldn't his acting be the selling point? That picture is ridiculous. It's like he can only find roles that make him do transformations.

As an actor, the only thing Bale has left to achieve is an Academy Award for Best Actor to put next to the one he got for Best Supporting Actor.

This is an Adam McKay joint, his follow-up to The Big Short. If y'all have seen that film you should know that this is isn't even going to remotely be pro-Cheney in any way at all.

CSJ

Diet and exercise on a regular basis does wonders for changing your body type. Simply changing your caloric input and workout type can change lots of stuff.

Much easier when it's your job to get into shape rather than spend all day at your 9-5 THEN go to the gym with the few hours you have left :(.

Oh what I'd do to be able to workout almost everyday for hours.

Why are they making a film about Dick Cheney?

I really don't want to watch a movie about Cheney. Bale, what are you doing.

Yeah, it seems absurd to me.

Because, like it or not, he's an important figure of our modern history and not for good reasons. A film lampooning him and criticizing him as the monster he was could make for very compelling cinema. Which, is obviously what this is going to be, coming from Mckay.

None of you guys see The Big Short?

thought he said recently he was gonna stop it too?

He backed out of Michael Mann's Enzo Ferrari movie last year because of the weight gain required, but evidently it was just because he felt he had too short a period of time to gain the weight safely. So I guess he doesn't have a problem putting on the pounds for a role if you give him enough time.

Christian Bale Exits 'Enzo Ferrari' Biopic Citing Health Concerns

Michael Mann's Enzo Ferrari biopic has hit a road bump.

Christian Bale will no longer star in the film due to health concerns that surrounded the weight he would have to gain in order to play the part of the legendary car manufacturer.

The pic is set to begin shooting in spring and the actor was concerned about gaining the necessary weight in that short of time.

Acyl

Man, seeing him gain and lose weight for all of his roles is incredible.

I hope that kind of body loss/gain doesn't have terrible long-term health effects.

Top Bottom