• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chulip = Oct 2004. Katamari = Nov 2004, Giftpia = NEVER

Matlock

Banned
Those are the release dates that the new EGM points out.

Stage Debut is dead.

Giftpia was apparently canned after not impressing anyone at a trade show....hrrrm.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Lame. Giftpia was one of the coolest looking games I had scene and you had monkies figthing in it! Come on, Nintendo! What the fuck?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Easily the best news of the day, if true (the release of Katamari and Chulip, I mean) :))

I wouldn't get too excited before the official announcement, though.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
KATAMARI MAKES ME DANCE A DANCE OF HAPPINESS.

The hell is Chulip? Comeone I know you people love educating the ignorant, I want some edumacation.

GIFTPIA MAKES WE WEEP A TEAR OF WEEPINESS.

GIFTPIA just won't sell in the US...No matter how many of the hard-core community demand it, there won't be enough sales to pay for the localization of such a deep game.

BuddyC

chulip1.jpg
chulip2.jpg

$14.99
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243544.asp

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Why hello mail delivery boy. You have just sold yourself a game, good job. I expect a raise by the end of the week for you.

what is Chulip, this is the first time i have heard of it.

It is siad about Giftpia, was i canned in japan too or just America. I wish Nintendo would just bring it out, Ima sure people would buy it. It woulnd't be a million seller but it would atleast sell 200 thousand.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
sonic4ever said:
...sell 200 thousand.
If it were lucky it'd sell 20 thousand. I'm positive outside the few who know of it's existence no one would purchase the game based of glances alone.

belgurdo

Banned
sonic4ever said:

It is siad about Giftpia, was i canned in japan too or just America. I wish Nintendo would just bring it out, Ima sure people would buy it. It woulnd't be a million seller but it would atleast sell 200 thousand.

Well, at least the "200" part is right

It was released in Japan. Seems like such a long time ago...Was it 2002 when it was released over there? Anyway, Skip's other game, Chibi Robo under Bandai might not make it stateside either...But I had heard that Skip had a third game in the works...Another Nintendo published one maybe?

Soul4ger

TekunoRobby said:
If it were lucky it'd sell 20 thousand. I'm positive outside the few who know of it's existence no one would purchase the game based of glances alone.

I think once people heard it was KINDA like Animal Crossing, they'd be all over it.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
nintendo sucks. someone should buy them, liquidate their assets, and port giftpia to ps2.

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Marconelly said:
BuddyChrist83, is that an ad from the new EGM? That basicaly means the game is confirmed?

The Chulip flyer was being handed out at E3. It's coming. Or were you talking about KD?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The Chulip flyer was being handed out at E3. It's coming.
Yeah, I was asking about that flyer. I thought it was an ad. Anyways, several E3 goers said some really nice things about that game, but by their description, I figured such game would never get a release here. Good to hear I was wrong.

Damn. If some company were to have a release schedule solely consisting of canned/unlocalized Nintendo projects, they'd top many other publishers out there.

WE WILL NOT FORGET Stage Debut screens of dancing Yamauchi.

sonic4ever said:

Basic premise is that a guy likes a girl, but the girl doesn't like the guy. So to get her to like him he goes around helping people and they give him a kiss which makes you gain experience. Once you get enough you can finnaly kiss the girl. It's basically a kissing RPG. It should have alot of replay value since everyone in the town can be kissed as long as you figure out what they want completed.

MASB

belgurdo said:
Well, at least the "200" part is right
If Animal Crossing can sell, anything can sell. It just depends on the marketing and what features of the game are emphasized. It's too bad about Giftpia. Maybe a fan translation 5 years from now. :p

AssMan

Banned
Basic premise is that a guy likes a girl, but the girl doesn't like the guy. So to get her to like him he goes around helping people and they give him a kiss which makes you gain experience. Once you get enough you can finnaly kiss the girl. It's basically a kissing RPG. It should have alot of replay value since everyone in the town can be kissed as long as you figure out what they want completed.

I don't like the premise, but the art reminds me of a Tim Burton creation. I sure hope Homeland has a chance coming over here.

Deg

Banned
Matlock said:
Those are the release dates that the new EGM points out.

Stage Debut is dead.

Giftpia was apparently canned after not impressing anyone at a trade show....hrrrm.

Blame those who were at the Trade Show :p why didnt they like it?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Good to see all our Katamari propaganda has paid off ... ;)

Just hope it sells as well as it did in Japan, and doesn't die a JSR-style death.

More sales = more garbage rolling possibilities

MaddenNFL64

I never expected Giftia to be released here, but i'm still sad about it. NOA has no balls whatsoever :(.

Would Atlus localize it? Maybe they would.

FoneBone

I still can't believe this is coming -- I mean, when I first read reviews and impressions of this a few years back, I figured it was one game that would never, ever come out here.

Top Bottom