• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN's Nuclear Terror special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Did anyone see it last night?

Both an advisor for Bush/Clinton and the head of an LA port are entirely sure that a nuclear attack will take place in the US within a decade's time... a bunch of other people basically agreed.

I don't even want to think about that. Can we say Great Depression 2? Hell, it would be worse. Like a Kerry advisor said, it would make 9/11 look like a toothache.

MIMIC

Banned
I saw the first few minutes of it.

But I saw a religious program last night that said there would be a nuclear war between the U.S. and China between 2008 and 2014. :)

Diablos

Hmm no. One was an advisor, the other a person in charge of a port that has worked there for about two decades.

Phoenix

Its inevitable that eventually a nuclear weapon will be detonated in the US. The worst thing about the collapse of the Cold War USSR was that we entered into this more ambiguous war with no clear borders nor enemies.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Idle Will Kill said:
Just increasing my desire to move to Australia.

Just got back from Surfers Paradise, to rainy NZ, I can tell you, before now, I thought the name was a little arrogant.

So sunny, so little fat chicks.

Diablos

Phoenix: See, that's the thing. Then you might as well say kiss your job and house goodbye. Such an attack would kill the global economy for years, and not to mention sicken and sadden the hell out of our people.

So if it's going to happen it's only a matter of when. Scary shit.

Makura

I heard that apparently, the amount of Nuclear material needed would easily show up on satellite surveillance. Terrorists would also need to obtain a special container to keep the material in so it would not harm people in it's vicinity. Also, the quality of the material decays, you need someone specializing in Nuclear material to keep it in top shape - which requires special suits and containmet facilities. All these factors make it very difficult do such a thing covertly. Although I DO think that our goverment should behave as if such an act can be easily accomplished, in reality, nuclear material is very difficult to work with.

I heard this on the radio from some guy who apparently has worked with this stuff...I could be flat wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom