• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Columbia House DVD Sucks - Cancelled Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

BojTrek

Banned
I really joined for the initial offer, a number of DVD's for the price of shipping and only buy 4 more in 2 years...

I bought a 1 with the initial order and only had to buy 3 more in the 2 years...

Anyways, they didn't get the original Star Wars Trilogy, no Indiana Jones collection, no Disney flicks for my daughter...

What made me cancel it? I ordered Shrek 2 and it will not arrive for another 2 weeks... are you kidding me?

So I have Elf pre-ordered and it will complete my required purchases... I cancelled today and told them that I don't like waiting 2-3 weeks for new releases when I could go to Best Buy and get it cheaper... STUPID!

SKluck

Banned
You shouldn't use those clubs unless you already know every title you are going to buy. That way you sign up, get your titles, and cancel within a week or two. No shit to deal with and you get some decent titles for only $10.

You might want to look into dv2.com if you want cheap dvds. Same selection, but everything is 40% off with free shipping all the time. $10 membership fee per year. It's great for boxsets.

But yeah their selection sucks, disney doesn't do it because they have their own club, some other studios aren't include either.

You're quitting because of Shrek 2? How funny, so am I. They shipped it 2 weeks ago, hasn't arrived. I asked what the hell happened, they said "Sorry sir, it could take up to four weeks." Four weeks my ass. As soon as I get my last order in I'm cancelling the service.

BojTrek

Banned
That is funny you cancelled because of Shrek... The movie came out Friday, I am paying $21.70 for the DVD and shipping. I could have gone to Best Buy for what??? $15???

SKluck

Banned
BojTrek said:
www.dv2.com goes right to Columbia House... AHHH!!! It is a trap... you bastard...

Log out.
They have Shrek 2 for 16.19. Not bad considering free shipping and it is ALWAYS that price, don't have to rush the first week or whatever.

Drensch

Columbia house works great if you can get everything to work correctly. But they have huge issues getting stuff correct.

BojTrek

Banned
Are they part of Columbia House, another division?

Screw it... I will just buy my movies at Best Buy or Target...

Pachinko

www.thecnl.com - The best choice in canada for buying DVD's online. I actually pulled the same free offer you did Bojtrek, even at the 5% markup and the few bucks for shipping dvd's
you wind up paying about 15 bucks canadian for each dvd in the end. But yeah, as soon as I get my 4 regular priced discs I'll be cancelling. I suspect they'll get alot of cancelled orders in this manner.

I'd almost reccommend contacting your credit card and stopping payment on anything Columbia decides to charge after you get that last dvd. Just to be on the safe side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom