• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic Book Day! - 02/02/05. Nazi dinosaurs and a busty, naked woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be Shanna #1. o_O

sc.jpg

Diamond's Shipping List for February 2, 2005

DEC040269 JUSTICE LEAGUE ELITE #8 (OF 12) $2.50
NOV040253 SUPERMAN BATMAN #17 $2.95

"Maybe" pile:

DEC041750 SHANNA THE SHE DEVIL #1 (OF 7) $3.50 - will probably buy #1 and wait for a TPB.
NOV041760 X-MEN PHOENIX ENDSONG #2 (OF 5) $2.99 - see above.
NOV042588 UDON DARKSTALKERS ALVIN LEE CVR A #3 $2.95 - see above.

These actually came in LAST week, thankyouverymuchDiamondforlettingmeknowaweeklateyoubastards:

NOV042900 BATTLE ROYALE VOL 11 GN (MR) $9.99
NOV042901 BATTLE VIXENS VOL 6 GN (MR) $9.99

8bit

Knows the Score
NOV040260 BIZARRO WORLD HC $29.95 - YES!
NOV040363 CONSTANTINE MOVIE PROP REPLICA THE SHOTGUN $350.00 - NO!

BuddyC

ADAM STRANGE #5 (OF 8)
DETECTIVE COMICS #803
DAREDEVIL REDEMPTION #1 (OF 6) <- Maybe.
NEW AVENGERS #3
SUPREME POWER #15 <- Flip through.
X-MEN PHOENIX ENDSONG #2 (OF 5) <- Surprised by the quality of #1, already read the whole of #2 on Mile High a month or so back, but I'll still pick it up. Good stuff.

lordmrw

Superman #213
Superman/Batman #17
Black Panther #1
Exiles #59
New Avengers #3
Uncanny X-Men #455
X-Men Phoenix Endsong #2
Udon Darkstalkers #3

I bought Battle Royal Vol 11, and its so fucked up. Granted I've known about this for awhile, but actually seeing it really sucks.
how Sugimura ends up dieing is truly fucked up, and he was my second favorite character too

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
DETECTIVE COMICS #803
SUPERMAN #213
SUPERMAN BATMAN #17
EXCALIBUR #9 - I'm curious to see what goes on with Wanda.
EXILES #59
NEW AVENGERS #3
SUPREME POWER #15
UNCANNY X-MEN #455
X-MEN PHOENIX ENDSONG #2

ADAM STRANGE #5 (OF 8
DETECTIVE COMICS #803
FIRESTORM #10 *yes! ronnie's back! i think.....*
QUESTION #4 (OF 6)
SUPERMAN #213
SUPERMAN BATMAN #17

good haul this week.....

nomoment

ADAM STRANGE #5 (OF 8)
DETECTIVE COMICS #803
QUESTION #4 (OF 6)
NEW AVENGERS #3

Horray for everyone's favorite paranoid stoner hero, THE QUESTION. Great series, so far.

And there's several uncensored Shanna pages out there. Frank Cho was bloody insane for thinking those would make the final copy.

DarienA

nomoment said:
And there's several uncensored Shanna pages out there. Frank Cho was bloody insane for thinking those would make the final copy.

PM Link?

nomoment said:

Didn't he draw those thinking it was a Marvel MAX series? That issue of Supreme Power with Power Princess waltzing in the buff is no worse than the uncensored pages I've seen (granted, I've only seen two so far).

nomoment

Spike Spiegel said:
Yeah... so send 'em to me instead. :D
PM sent.

Father_Brain said:
Why was he insane? Haven't you heard of the MAX line, which this was originally supposed to be released under?

Wasn't aware of that. I assumed that Shanna was always intended as a PG+ Marvel Knights title.

DarienA

BastardSamurai said:
Didn't he draw those thinking it was a Marvel MAX series? That issue of Supreme Power with Power Princess waltzing in the buff is no worse than the uncensored pages I've seen (granted, I've only seen two so far).

Has she been back since that issues... and what exactly is her story anyway? That issue was... strange.

DarienA said:
Has she been back since that issues... and what exactly is her story anyway? That issue was... strange.

She's appeared briefly just to tell Hyperion her worldview, and to let him know that she'll join his ragtag crew, whenever he finally decides to rag and tag a crew together. The last arc was the first team-up with Hyperion, Nighthawk, and The Blur, with a special appearance by Doc Spectrum. So I'm just assuming that Power Princess is still walking around nearly (but not fully) naked and Squid (?) is still just chilling under the sea.

MASB

INTIMATES #4
MONOLITH #12 (Sorry to see you go!)
ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #72
DONALD DUCK ADVENTURES #10
UNCLE SCROOGE #338
WALT DISNEYS COMICS & STORIES #653

FnordChan

Ultimate Spider-Man #72 - Which will hopefully be more entertaining now that the trippy Dr. Strange Dream Dimension deal is done.

Crayon Shin-chan Vol. 10 - Glad to see Comics One hasn't abandoned this entirely. Ah, wacky manga hijinx. Zou-san! Zou-san!

Maison Ikkoku Vol. 9 - Wait, I don't think I ever got Volume 8. Whoops. Reckon I'll catch up this week.

And, the highlight of the week:

Planetes Vol. 4 Part 2 - This was actually waiting for me at the shop last week, so I've already worshipped the Planetes finale. Simply put, it's beautiful. Planetes is one of the best damn comics available in English, period, and if you're a fan of space exploration this is a must purchase. It's only five volumes and it's complete and in-print. Go! Now!

FnordChan

Hey, mind someone PMing the uncensored Shanna pages as well? I'm a big Frank Cho fan who's been out of the loop and wasn't even aware of the comic period. Thanks!

Matlock

Banned
Jan 18, the link Spike posted. I CAN'T MAKE IT ANY MORE OBVIOUS.

Don't know what's so horrible about the cover, other than the trousers with the seat ripped out--but as for the other two pages...well.

The one where she's lying could have possibly passed. Possibly.

But the one with the panel that was just her nipple? Nah.

keiichi

Does anyone know when the next 'Ocean' book by Ellis is supposed to be out? I don't see it on this/next weeks list. It feels like the last one came out a while ago.

I've been wondering...

Is there, or will there be, an ongoing Ghostbusters comic? I keep seeing that short mini-series (or what I assume is a mini-series), but nothing else.

Naked Snake said:
I need the answer for this, please: When will Street Fighter TPB Vol. 2 get released? Or has it been released already?
March 2005, barring any delays.

Cover Image

STREET FIGHTER VOL. II TPB

Written by Ken Siu-Chong, art by Arnold Tsang, Andrew Hou, Omar Dogan, Long Vo, Eric Vedder and UDON.

With the launch of the next arc of Capcom and UDON's Street Fighter series, UDON is proud to announce the next installment in its series of trade paperbacks--Street Fighter TPB: Vol. II. This affordably priced 200-page, digest-sized graphic novel collects the main stories from issues #7 to #14 and is a great way for new readers to get up to speed with the current series. It also includes an UDON cover gallery, a new cover by Capcom artist, Shinkiro, and features a bonus Chun-Li side story that was previously only available in the hard-to-find convention-exclusive Capcom 2004 Summer Special. Featuring the beginning of Ryu's journey around the world, Cammy's quest to discover her past, Chun-Li's investigation into the Shadaloo-controlled Hong Kong underworld and the first appearance of fan-favorite characters like Adon and Fei Long, this is a story no Street Fighter fan should be without.

200 pages, $13.95.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom