• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic Book Day! - 08/11/04. Ryu takes on Adon in STREET FIGHTER #9!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diamond's Shipping List for August 11, 2004

JUN041611 MARVEL KNIGHTS SPIDER-MAN #5 $2.99
APR042558 STREET FIGHTER CVR A #9 $2.95
APR042559 STREET FIGHTER CVR B #9 $2.95

Mmmmmmmmm... Milk.
red_face.gif

*shakes head*

I'm sorry, what? Uh, anyway, it looks like this is going to be yet another "light" week for yours truly. Just 2 copies of the oft-delayed Street Fighter #9, and titti- uh, MK Spider-Man #5 with pencils by guest artist Frank Cho. Honestly, I'm starting to get a little worried here; when this many "light" weeks pass in a row for me, it usually means there's one gigantic week around the corner, waiting to bash me over the head with a big-ass $BILL$. And the fall semester starts in 2 weeks...

Oh well. Back to fantasizing. :)

BuddyC

CHOSEN #3 (Of 3)
FABLES #28 (MR)
IDENTITY CRISIS #3 (Of 7)
POWERS #3 (MR)

Not too sure about Identity Crisis, this will be the deciding issue as to whether I keep picking it up. About time on Chosen #3, as previews have been out for over a month now.

New X-Men Vol 3 Hardcover also ships this week.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
BATMAN LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #182
INCREDIBLE HULK #75
IRON MAN #87
NIGHTWING #96
SOULFIRE #1
STREET FIGHTER #9
ACTION COMICS #818
BMW FILMS THE HIRE #1*
GI JOE RELOADED #6*
IDENTITY CRISIS #3*
IRON FIST #6*
JLA #103*
TEEN TITANS #14*
X-FORCE #1*

*=Maybe

lordmrw

100 BULLETS #52
ACTION COMICS #818
IDENTITY CRISIS #3
JSA #64
TEEN TITANS #14
MARVEL KNIGHTS SPIDER-MAN #5
POWERS #3
SOULFIRE #1
STREET FIGHTER CVR A #9

So many books that I'm looking forward to this week. I can't wait to read Identity Crisis, JSA, Teen Titans, and Street Fighter. I think they're might be 1 or 2 books that I left behind last week that I'll have to pick up, so this week is going to hurt my wallet bad.

Spike, you're one of my favorite posters for the sole reason of keeping us up with these comic threads! Thanks :D

Sakura rocks!

FnordChan

This is quite possibly the slowest comics week I've had in years:

Avengers/Thunderbolts #6 (of 6) - Or, should that be Thunderbolts/Avengers? At any rate, this wraps up a competant, if not terribly exciting, mini-series.

Powers #3 - Featuring another grueling installment of the Powers Personals! Oh, and a damn fine story arc.

FnordChan

Willco

Hollywood Square
GOTHAM CENTRAL #22
IDENTITY CRISIS #3
TEEN TITANS #14
POWERS #3 (MR)

Decent week.

BuddyC

I'll probably pick up Marvel Knights Spider Man, as the current storyline seems intriguing and I'm a fan of Frank Cho.

nomoment

DC COMICS PRESENTS FLASH #1 - Big maybe. It's got Loeb and McGuinness, though.
GOTHAM CENTRAL #22
TEEN TITANS #14

Good week. MK: Spider-Man is gonna rock.

BuddyC

Re: Marvel Knights Spider Man, I may start picking that up on a regular basis after that interview. Not to mention I'm also grabbing the "Sins of Past" arc for one of the other Spidey titles. I've never bought more Spidey in my life!

MASB

I didn't realize Mary Jane had a bigger rack than Black Cat. Learn something new every day. ;)

GREEN ARROW #41

I think I may just skip this week and wait until next week to pick up my comics.

Seth C

DC COMICS PRESENTS FLASH #1
CAPTAIN AMERICA #30
EMMA FROST #14
INCREDIBLE HULK #75
SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #18

What happened to "Para"? *sniff*

Alucard

Banned
I desperately need a light week. I've been dropping $30 or more for the past 2-3 weeks. :( Anyways, let's see if that will change this week...

Green Arrow #41 (I'm always hyped whenever a new Green Arrow issue comes out. It has a 90% chance of kicking ass)
MK Spider-Man #5 (I'll stay on board for this one...for now)
Powers #3 (I still need to hunt down #2 as well. I'm psyched about this series and I've only read the first issue)

Okay, so that's not too bad at all. Provided that I can find Powers #2, that's only 4 books for me this week. Right on.

GOTHAM CENTRAL #22
POWERS #3

Yeah, I'm only buying cops vs. supervillian books this week - it's a genre that's taking over comics, apparently. I'd like to see more books like Gotham Central and Pulse - it's not that they're especially realistic or anything, it's just a fun way of looking at superhero stuff.

Alucard

Banned
And then there is the fact that The Pulse is just a really good read as well...especially the last issue, which was as good as anything I've ever read in a comic book.

shoplifter

JUN040412 LEGION #37 $2.50
JUN040402 IDENTITY CRISIS #3 (Of 7) $3.95
JUN040420 TEEN TITANS #14 $2.50
JUN042640 KNIGHTS OF THE DINNER TABLE #94 $3.99
APR042558 STREET FIGHTER #9 $2.95

This is my big week since cutting back.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Okay, I have to know what's up with the new venom? What's the origin here?

Just for Nomo:
20040722l.jpg

ACTION COMICS #818 *and austen stareted out so well...*
DC COMICS PRESENTS FLASH #1
GOTHAM CENTRAL #22
JSA #64
might pick up green arrow and legion too.....

Vargas

ACTION COMICS #818
BATMAN LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT #182
IDENTITY CRISIS #3
JLA #103
NIGHTWING #96
TEEN TITANS #14
SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #18

BuddyC

A word of advice to those who picked up Powers #3:

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT read the 'Bendis FAQ' in the back of Powers #3 unless you want to spoil Powers #6 and the general outline of USM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom