• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Commandos : Origins announced with trailer. (PC, PS5, Xbox Series, Game Pass) 2024 release

Stafford

Back in my PC gaming days I loved these games. I really hope that for the console version it will have the same kind of controls as Desperados 3 and Shadow Tactics, meaning you don't use a cursor to click on shit but you move the characters with the left stick.

I want much more of these kind of games on console, but with the studio behind Desperados 3 calling it quits.....there isn't much left. Please be good.

L*][*N*K

Banned
Happy Chris Hemsworth GIF by Marvel Studios

I CANNOT WAITTTTTTT

shaddam

I never played any of them (I was too young I think to enjoy it). How are the old games on modern pc?

Stafford

As long as they don't fuck this up like they did with 2 & 3 HD then I'm in.

This is what I'm afraid of. Not only did they censor stuff but the controls are....not great. Make it exactly like Desperados 3, Shadow Tactics on consoles and it would go a long way. It honestly needs to be.

Is this that studio?

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

GHG

This is what I'm afraid of. Not only did they censor stuff but the controls are....not great. Make it exactly like Desperados 3, Shadow Tactics on consoles and it would go a long way. It honestly needs to be.

Is this that studio?

Unfortunately not.

The games you reference are from Mimimi, who are now shutting down. I still need to purchase and play Shadow Gambit which is their last hurrah, but it's really sad that these kinds of games don't have the necessary commercial appeal to sustain a studio of their size.

Stafford

Unfortunately not.

The games you reference are from Mimimi, who are now shutting down. I still need to purchase and play Shadow Gambit which is their last hurrah, but it's really sad that these kinds of games don't have the necessary commercial appeal to sustain a studio of their size.

No, I meant is the studio who made the Commandos remasters also making the new one? Because that could be kinda bad news. I really hope they copy the controls from the Mimimi games for consoles. Those remasters didn't play great.

Last edited:
Reactions: GHG

GHG

No, I meant is the studio who made the Commandos remasters also making the new one? Because that could be kinda bad news. I really hope they copy the controls from the Mimimi games for consoles. Those remasters didn't play great.

Ah gotcha, I have no idea who is making this new one. I'm just hoping for the best but not expecting too much at this point.

Nice to see a new entry in the series. The remasters must have done well.

The remasters were awful.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Kalypso.....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh fuck. They own the IP? I wish someone else did it. Most of their stuff is....average.

Neon Xenon

Been meaning to try the first Commandos as it's been sitting in my Steam Library. I'm going to play it tonight. I know it's a well-regarded series.

Hopefully this is good.

xrnzaaas

I was always hoping Mimimi will be given the Commandos ip. I still have my hopes up even though it's unlikely to get close to the level of quality of the first two games.

xVodevil

Cautiously optimistic interested.
Yep kinda same, after the censored remasters definitely cautious..
But damn I'd love to have the real shit, a real good one! Commandos was one of the first games I've ever played as a kid,, some real fond memories there!

Mephisto40

I do remember these games had a ball breakingly , rage inducing, keyboard smashing difficulty level
Yeh, basically spend an hour setting everything up, only for an enemy to spot one of your commandos from halfway across the map, ringing the alarm, and ganking your commando who stands no chance, which makes you completely unable to finish the level because that commando had a skill none of the others had

Fun lol

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

ALARM! The legendary real-time tactics franchise returns: Commandos: Origins brings you back to the very first missions of this infamous WWII special unit. Take over control of Green Beret, Sapper and Co, learn how they originally met, and take on more than 10 missions from the barren Arctic to the African desert.

Top Bottom