• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Company of Heroes multiplayer beta - OPEN TO ALL

bishoptl said:
Victory point games can be *extremely* intense. Don't knock it...as for the folks who have been chugging along with the demos, we have optimized the hell out of the retail version. You'll see a marked difference. For people who already have killer rigs, I suggest you stock up on Adult Depends because come September 14th, you will shit your pants with glee. Guaranteed.**

So what you are saying is that my new X2 4600+ system with 2 GB DDR800 and a GeForce 7900 GT is going to have a CoH that runs and even looks better?!?!?

*Faints*

Thanks for raping my wallet for yet another $50-$60. :lol

I'm glad the SP demo ran 1680 x 1050. Man, September 14th cannot come sooner. Bish is about to roll on a new house!

What's up with the special edition, btw, bish? I want a DVD only version!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Can't comment on the DVD vs CD releases, sorry folks. :p

We just released a new patch, 1.20.0 - and there's another one coming out pretty damn soon to fix some stuff that got broken in the last patch. :lol **** me

- Fix for stats reporting issues when the host of a game quits.
- Multithreaded Lens flare fix.
- Avoid crash when burning across to the foundation of a building.
- Speech code fix for veterancy level 3.
- Flak 88s and Howitzers under construction will now not generate any wrecks to counter axis salvage exploit.
- SLI performance fix.
- Team weapon ownership changes will now update unit occlusion.

Scotch

This is the most fun I've had with an RTS since Warcraft III. Hats off to you and your colleagues, bish.

Srider

Banned
bluemax said:
Is it possible to play against only the CPU or do I have to have at least 2 human players?

The multiplayer beta requires at least 1 other human player. So you can't play against the CPU yourself.

The new SP beta that coming out in a few days is supposed to have skirmish mode that will allow you to do what you want though. Come on Bish, help us!!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Oh please dear god send me a PM of the new single player demo location. Bish, I've been hyping this game non stop! I love it! I *need* single player skirmish! Yes!

Firest0rm

Bishop, I've noticed that the unit selection is sometimes not accurate. For example, if i had one unit selected but then quickly wanted to select another unit it wouldn't detect it until i clicked a number of times on it, sometimes 2 clicks sometimes 3 clicks. Are you guys working on fixing that? I hope your aware of it, cause its extremely annoying when in the middle of a heated battle and you can't select your units at the crucial moments.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Firest0rm said:
Bishop, I've noticed that the unit selection is sometimes not accurate. For example, if i had one unit selected but then quickly wanted to select another unit it wouldn't detect it until i clicked a number of times on it, sometimes 2 clicks sometimes 3 clicks. Are you guys working on fixing that? I hope your aware of it, cause its extremely annoying when in the middle of a heated battle and you can't select your units at the crucial moments.

I find this happening sometimes. When it does happen, I get almost 95% success when clicking on the black unit flag that hovers above it instead of the unit itself.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I always click on the flag, but that could be just a product of playing the game non-stop for ages - it probably could be more responsive. That said, I haven't heard too many complaints.

datruth29

I'm gonna cry. :( I can't play it. Somethings up with my comp. Hardware Interrupts were taking up 90% of CPU resources and there was nothing I could do about it. This happened with the single player demo as well. Each time I had to reformat my comp because I just couldnt find the problem. This time it started acting up during unpacking, not even installation! :(

Srider

Banned
FlyinJ said:
I find this happening sometimes. When it does happen, I get almost 95% success when clicking on the black unit flag that hovers above it instead of the unit itself.

You can always box select the group of units, and then scroll through to the specific squad that you want. But yeah, at certain angles it can be difficult to select units that are next to buildings or mixed in with a bunch of other units.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
i've seen/had some pretty bad connection issues with the MP online. I love the game, most fun with an RTS since the first time I played AOE over a lan but there are a ton of drops/connection issues.

Plus the way you have find games isn't the greatest, thing are constanly jumping, no filters, connection info seems unreliable...

Top Bottom