• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Compile Heart launches ‘Guns X Beautiful Girls’ countdown website

http://gematsu.com/2016/11/compile-heart-launches-guns-beautiful-girls-new-title-countdown-website
http://www.compileheart.com/ggp/

Gematsu said:
0IMxlnz.jpg

Compile Heart and Bullet Girls developer Shade have launched a countdown teaser website for a new title. The URL to the website contains the letters "ggp."

The four-day countdown features the following text: "Lock-ON! With self-confidence!!! Please compare it to other companies!!! Guns X Beautiful Girls."

0uXEX6C.jpg

Here’s a second image, which is shown when the teaser website is linked on social media sites. This one says, "Compile Heart New Title Countdown."

The new title will be announced in four days, and the November 10 issue of Dengeki PlayStation (Volume 626) will contain more details.
Waifu sniping simulator, let's go. The site url kinda makes me think of Gal Gun, though that game doesn't use guns exactly.

Tohsaka

Hoping for no dumb rubbing minigame focus so they actually localize it, assuming it ends up being good at least.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
OT question but what's the last actually good CH game?

Depends on if fanservice or moe instantly kills any appeal the game could have for you. Mary Skelter seems to be a pretty good drpg, just you kinda have to live with the the rubbing scenes in Vita drpgs at this point. Megadimension VII isn't that bad either, same with Sega Hard Girls.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Mary Skelter is actually not too bad of an DRPG though its far from being perfect also.

The Vita remakes of the first 3 neptune games were not too bad also though easy to break the game if you know what you are doing. Also if one hates the narrative vn heavy stuff that doesnt help either.

Trillion was also good if you dont mind the gameplay mechanics and bugs. As narrative and character wise was fairly well done.

The bullet girls dev Shade co-developed Ultra Despair Girls, so make of that what you will.

I guess with the right subgenre and publisher (UDG was more of a slower paced puzzle shooter) they seem capable of putting out okay games.

Shade eh? I'd heard Bullet Girls 2 was a vast improvement over the first in terms of gameplay so... that's something.

Wonder what platforms this'll end up on. I feel Compile Heart are shifting almost entirely to PS4 now, so I'm guessing this isn't for Vita. I'd say "Shade have done a lot of work on Vita" but so had Tamsoft yet they made the jump for Cyberdimension.

18-Volt

I just remembered that Idea Factory isn't one of Nintendo Switch's licensed developers. I can't remember any IF game on Nintendo platforms other than Hakouki.

I want this to be Bullet Girls clone with less fanservice and a western release. For PS4/Vita.

Aren't the Rebirth games handled by Felistella?

Either way I wouldn't call them solid - their mechanics felt deliberately transparent and progression in the game felt more like a game of getting numbers to go higher than mastering anything.

That about sums up the whole series, but I felt Rebirth 3 was the most fun and best realised game in the series, apart from VII which I haven't played. Mind, though, I'm saying it's solid by Neptunia/CH standards. I'd rank it at the top of its series but nowhere near the top of the genre.

I often forget the RBs were by Felistella. Probably since they're all slapped together with recycled Victory assets so I barely tell the difference 🤔

Fancolors

Man, I always try to like Compile Heart (and Idea Factory to a certain extent) games, but I don't think I have ever been able to extract much enjoyment from them. I can't explain exactly why, I just find them underwhelming.

Shade doesn't inspire much confidence either.

That about sums up the whole series, but I felt Rebirth 3 was the most fun and best realised game in the series, apart from VII which I haven't played. Mind, though, I'm saying it's solid by Neptunia/CH standards. I'd rank it at the top of its series but nowhere near the top of the genre.

I often forget the RBs were by Felistella. Probably since they're all slapped together with recycled Victory assets so I barely tell the difference 🤔

Oh cool, that's nice to hear then. I don't think I can stomach another Re;Birth title right now, but I might check out 3. I just wish there was more to the core gameplay than the (rather unfulfilling) joy of carrying out repetitive tasks to watch numbers go up to advance the scenario. I really well thought out and balanced battle system could carry the games without the need for any fluff. I'd be a huge fan.

Man, I always try to like Compile Heart (and Idea Factory to a certain extent) games, but I don't think I have ever been able to extract much enjoyment from them. I can't explain exactly why, I just find them underwhelming.

Shade doesn't inspire much confidence either.

For me it feels like they have elements of game design that make you feel psychologically good, but because there's little to actual master as a result they just aren't satisfying to play.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
You're probably right. I imported the first one but didn't bother with the second since it seemed too similar.
Shade eh? I'd heard Bullet Girls 2 was a vast improvement over the first in terms of gameplay so... that's something.

Bullet Girls 2 re-uses a lot of assets from the first game, but plays noticeably better. I swear it has a different developer, but checked again and it seems to be Shade on both of them.

The first game was straight-garbage but Bullet Girls 2 is actually a decent little shooting game with much better controls. They fixed the horrible, 'floaty' reticle that the original game had.

Fancolors

For me it feels like they have elements of game design that make you feel psychologically good, but because there's little to actual master as a result they just aren't satisfying to play.

I guess that could be the case. Their RPGs make me feel like I'm pointlessly watching numbers becoming bigger numbers, but there's never that 'oomph' that makes it rewarding to do so. Even Disgaea makes it feel better than your average CH game.

I guess that could be the case. Their RPGs make me feel like I'm pointlessly watching numbers becoming bigger numbers, but there's never that 'oomph' that makes it rewarding to do so. Even Disgaea makes it feel better than your average CH game.

This is true too. While it relies on lazy tactics to keep the player engaged, there isn't the polish there to at least make them feel really compelling.

Top Bottom