• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtibh

Banned
Chicken little is still in self isolation.
Time to cook him for dinner
NJ39HGa.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

ManaByte

The WHO is so far up the CCPs ass, it's beyond disgusting.

Trump agrees.

He announced a HOLD on money going to the WHO, calling them "CHINA CENTRIC".

xcx.gif

He didn't announce it. That's fake news. He said they're looking at it. One of the TDS morons tried to do a gotcha question with asking him why they'd hold money from it during a pandemic and he said they're looking at doing so but he didn't announce it.

So looking over world numbers.. the straight CFR seems to be around 1.8% on the low end (Germany, South Korea), and 12.6% on the high end (Italy).

Most countries are somewhere in the middle. US is around 3.2%, UK 11%, Israel is actually the lowest I saw, at around 0.7%, but they're not even to 10K cases yet, so it likely will go up with the death lag like Germany.

Lots of smaller countries have very small outbreaks right now, so they're likely not representative of the whole.

Worldwide, with everything added up, at the moment we're at a worldwide CFR of 5.7% with over 1.4 million cases.

I think some cases are not counted (asymptomatic) while some deaths are not reported (or over reported), but there are enough numbers from enough completely different countries to dispel any notion that this is "Just the Flu, Bro". Odds are this will end up being in the 3-6% range when all is said and done.

You guys can lol at me, but i believe when the world stops, and every single person are connected on a issue in common, you can't escape inner reflection

I'm not denying facts and sense of urgency, but it's also prophetic. The light can use the pandemic scenario to make us reflect and be less materialist, find a purpose, spirituality.

Many bad things happened to earth and humans don't learn.

The handbrake was pushed.

Please be respectful, I love all my gaf members, im just trying to bring a spiritual vision.

Maybe i fail cose english is not my first language, and my sentences can be misinterpreted.

Peace guys, we are gonna pass through this! Faith :)

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
The WHO is so far up the CCPs ass, it's beyond disgusting.

Trump agrees.

He announced a HOLD on money going to the WHO, calling them "CHINA CENTRIC".

xcx.gif

Probably a good thing. But it's hilarious how Trump talks man. He repeats everything like 10 times. I'm happy my PM is a well spoken, level headed dude when I see Trump.

A few more headlines like this and people will be showing why gun shops are essential businesses.

EVCb6VDWkAQgYMa

I hate stories like this.

Mooney told the FOX31 Problem Solvers he refused to provide his identification to three police officers because he was confident he wasn’t doing anything unlawful by playing tee-ball with his wife and daughter at the park.

So, yeah, if they ask you for your ID and you refuse, they probably have the right to handcuff you to ascertain who you are/what you're doing. SHOULD they? Probably not. But why not just give them your ID and be on your way?

Mooney said he was released after spending about 10 minutes in the back of a patrol car but said he still deserved an apology.

So.. yeah, "Arrest" I guess, as he was temporarily in their custody for 10 minutes (likely while they verified his identity, which he probably could have circumvented by listening to them in the first place).

I think Cops can be dicks, but you personally don't really gain anything by thumbing your nose at them, especially at a time like this. *shrug*

He didn't announce it. That's fake news. He said they're looking at it. One of the TDS morons tried to do a gotcha question with asking him why they'd hold money from it during a pandemic and he said they're looking at doing so but he didn't announce it.

I think he will do it though. Needs to be done.

Setzer

So looking over world numbers.. the straight CFR seems to be around 1.8% on the low end (Germany, South Korea), and 12.6% on the high end (Italy).

Most countries are somewhere in the middle. US is around 3.2%, UK 11%, Israel is actually the lowest I saw, at around 0.7%, but they're not even to 10K cases yet, so it likely will go up with the death lag like Germany.

Lots of smaller countries have very small outbreaks right now, so they're likely not representative of the whole.

Worldwide, with everything added up, at the moment we're at a worldwide CFR of 5.7% with over 1.4 million cases.

I think some cases are not counted (asymptomatic) while some deaths are not reported (or over reported), but there are enough numbers from enough completely different countries to dispel any notion that this is "Just the Flu, Bro". Odds are this will end up being in the 3-6% range when all is said and done.
CFR may be 3-6% range when it's all said and done but that actual fatality rate of the virus is more likely to be in the .5 to 1% range when this is all over.

https://www.livescience.com/death-rate-lower-than-estimates.html

Last edited:

What, the fake news is here too?

Since we don't have masks and we have no idea how we protect ourselves, it is time to choose your fighter when we start back the world. I'm going with number 2- The Donald!
bhDZLXW.jpg

I like #1, that's a bold strategy if I've ever seen one.

Though to be fair, if she paired that Hoveround with an oxygen tank, that plastic bag on her head would actually make a lot of sense.

Also, that guy's expression in #6 is priceless.

Last edited:

nush

I hate stories like this.

So, yeah, if they ask you for your ID and you refuse, they probably have the right to handcuff you to ascertain who you are/what you're doing. SHOULD they? Probably not. But why not just give them your ID and be on your way?

So.. yeah, "Arrest" I guess, as he was temporarily in their custody for 10 minutes (likely while they verified his identity, which he probably could have circumvented by listening to them in the first place).

I think Cops can be dicks, but you personally don't really gain anything by thumbing your nose at them, especially at a time like this. *shrug*

I was going to dig deeper but you got there first. Daily Mail, cute little white girl, "We didn do nuffing wrong" police are bastards. I just knew he must have given them shit when they politely asked him to move on. Cops don't want to do any more work then they have to at this time, but talk shit, your gonna get hit.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
I'm not sure what to make of that story. The guy says he was there with just his wife and daughter, but the police report suggests there was a larger group playing softball. If the latter is true, he should have been asked to disperse. Not sure if they did that, but detaining him put both him and the officers at risk and really should only have been done as a last resort.

Batiman

Banned
I'm not sure what to make of that story. The guy says he was there with just his wife and daughter, but the police report suggests there was a larger group playing softball. If the latter is true, he should have been asked to disperse. Not sure if they did that, but detaining him put both him and the officers at risk and really should only have been done as a last resort.
The park definitely looked empty from that crappy video. And if social distancing was a concern for them, they shouldn’t of been all huddled up around each other.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
So...it has become mandatory to wear face masks if you go out. Not sure how I feel about this. Considering wearing masks doesn't really do anything and only serves as a reminder to not touch your fucking face.
HhMivMN.jpg

Since we don't have masks and we have no idea how we protect ourselves, it is time to choose your fighter when we start back the world. I'm going with number 2- The Donald!
bhDZLXW.jpg
While the argument for "not everybody knows how to sew" would have worked pre-corona chan era...YOU KNOW WE HAVE ALL THIS FREE TIME MIGHT AS WELL USE YOUTUBE TO LEARN RIGHT?

Nah let me go out with a plastic bag before I asphyxiate myself. I hope the attention whores get in trouble with the cops. 15 might be a dude.

nbcjr

So...it has become mandatory to wear face masks if you go out. Not sure how I feel about this. Considering wearing masks doesn't really do anything and only serves as a reminder to not touch your fucking face.
HhMivMN.jpg

While the argument for "not everybody knows how to sew" would have worked pre-corona chan era...YOU KNOW WE HAVE ALL THIS FREE TIME MIGHT AS WELL USE YOUTUBE TO LEARN RIGHT?

Nah let me go out with a plastic bag before I asphyxiate myself. I hope the attention whores get in trouble with the cops. 15 might be a dude.

that's not true about the masks

I was going to dig deeper but you got there first. Daily Mail, cute little white girl, "We didn do nuffing wrong" police are bastards. I just knew he must have given them shit when they politely asked him to move on. Cops don't want to do any more work then they have to at this time, but talk shit, your gonna get hit.

I hate that I feel the need to dig into every story, but it seems like regardless of your left or right leaning, the headlines are almost universally misleading in some way or another. Or they're at least 'leading' headlines trying to get the readers to react in a preconceived way.

RIP

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
The park definitely looked empty from that crappy video. And if social distancing was a concern for them, they shouldn’t of been all huddled up around each other.
Yeah, I agree. The outcome was regrettable. Not exactly sure who is at fault, but both parties could have avoided it it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom