• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could The Village news get any worse for Disney and M. Night? You bet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Haha!
As I was clicking I was thinking "Come on LAWSUIT!"

Pattergen

That and the several clear similarities to Brotherhood of the Wolf

There's not much about The Village that is clever.

calder

Apparently some of it (especially the ending) is also pretty similar to an episode of The Twilight Zone from the 60s. I've never seen the movie, but nothing I've heard about it sounds terribly original, it's all vaguely similar to other TV shows and comics... which actually probably helps M. Night in any lawsuit because if the novel is as similar as it sounds then it's not terribly original either.

way more

calder said:
Apparently some of it (especially the ending) is also pretty similar to an episode of The Twilight Zone from the 60s. I've never seen the movie, but nothing I've heard about it sounds terribly original, it's all vaguely similar to other TV shows and comics... which actually probably helps M. Night in any lawsuit because if the novel is as similar as it sounds then it's not terribly original either.

The precedent of Predictable/Unoriginal vs. Plagiarism

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Hooray!!

DIE M. NIGHT AND TAKE YOUR SHITTY TRITE, PREDICTABLE, INSIPID MOVIES WITH YOU (except for maybe Unbreakable)!!!!

EDIT: The "case" actually does seem like more a case of unoriginality than intentional plagerism, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom