• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counterstike: Source now preloading at cyber cafes

epmode

old?

press release:
Pre-loading of the Counter-Strike: Source Beta to cyber cafés begins today. On Wednesday, this first phase of the beta will open and the game will be playable at all cyber cafes that subscribe to the Valve Cyber Café Program. Later this month, the beta will be extended to owners of Counter-Strike(tm): Condition Zero(tm) and ATI Fulfillment Coupon holders.

This beta serves as a compatibility test of the Source engine as we near completion of development on Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source. During this limited-time beta, issues can be reported using the in-game bug-reporting tool. In addition any crashes will automatically generate a report back to Valve's bug database. We thank everyone for their participation, and we hope Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source live up to your expectations.
nice. maybe we'll actually get the game this year.

edit: i tried to change the topic to show that only the beta is preloading (not the full game,) but the board wouldn't allow it.

epmode

ToyMachine228 said:
We get CS: Source with Half-Life 2...Which we get this year...So...
i meant half-life 2, though i wasn't very clear.

with all the drama surrounding the game, i still half-expect valve to delay it until next year. it's reassuring to actually see some progress, even if it's only a beta of a port.

WARCOCK

Banned
Dude i fucking hope they take out the riot sheild and all the useless shit cal dosent permit. Valve/gearbox are stubborn bitches.

im sad to see shields go, so easy to piss peole off with them, and yet they werent that difficult to fight again but damn they were fun to take a clip off someone then pop their head with the de heh

WARCOCK

Banned
Mr ping when good players use it, they are extremely hard to corner with and if your stupid enough to spray then you are dead. Also its cheesy in tight corners and say choke points like double doors in ASStech.

SPECIAL NOTE AZTEC 2 SUX ASS

Well Gabe Newell said that Half-Life 2's final code should be ready to turn in to Vivendi in early August. My guess would be a late September release, and GameStop says November. Nonetheless, I think we'll see it this year.

Top Bottom