• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cruncheons 23: Online Pass, Alice, Batman, Dead Island, HoMM 6, Rage, SEKRET GAEM

http://cruncheons.podbean.com/mf/web/safwxs/Cruncheons23.mp3

We return just in time for Halloween! Here's your pumpkin, you know where to stick it:

Segment One:

In the first part of this segment we discuss Doublefine's mysterious benefactor, and what we'd do with endless nerd funds. The second half (23:45) deals with various types of online passes which have flared up like genital herpes across the crotch of the gaming industry.

Segment Two:

Playlist

(52:04) Robert's take on Alice: The Madness Returns

(1:00:45) Dead Island

(1:11:23) Batman: Arkham City

(1:23:00) Rage

(1:27:50) HoMM 6 (with some side discussion about previous Heroes games)

(1:43:00) Quick bits on Disciples 3, Disgaea 4, Transformers

(1:50:00) Doug's SEKRET GAEM REVIEW

(2:01:00) PC game giveaway - Darksiders, The Saboteur, Medal of Honor: Airborne, The Witcher, King's Bounty: The Legend

We'll talk with you again soon!

Hang on...is Drinky ACTUALLY banned? Like, banned-banned? That's some ominous grey looming over the cat who no longer danceth. It can't be true.

GhaleonQ

crimsonheadGCN said:
It's a trick! Or hell has frozen over.

I'm reading the topic now! Reading it like the wind! It's causing me to botch metaphors. (The show looks great.)

Edit: Phew.

gabbo

If it wasn't so late, I'd be yelling at my monitor that there is a WW2 superhero game and it is awesome: Freedom Force vs the Third Reich!

kadotsu

Banned
Just finished the episode. Great as always, especially the self loathing bit on the secret game. It is also great that we finally have an answer to the question of Sony fanboys being at least as batshit as Nintendo fanboys. Tip of the hat from me.

gabbo said:
If it wasn't so late, I'd be yelling at my monitor that there is a WW2 superhero game and it is awesome: Freedom Force vs the Third Reich!

I totally blanked on that. I even own it :( In my defense, what I had in mind was a game with the actual Timely comics superheroes, basically an open world version of a gruesome Alex Schomburg cover.

Gattsu25

Banned
Eel O'Brian said:
I totally blanked on that. I even own it :( In my defense, what I had in mind was a game with the actual Timely comics superheroes, basically an open world version of a gruesome Alex Schomburg cover.
I knew what you meant. You guys talked about the Freedom Force games, anyway.

gabbo

Gattsu25 said:
I knew what you meant. You guys talked about the Freedom Force games, anyway.
They did, I know, just not in that capacity. It was 2:30 in the morning, I didn't realize until later this morning he probably meant a different type of game altogether.
I just don't know how to tell you apart on here, since I only recently started listening. I'd jump on that pc game give away otherwise.

Riposte

Doug's inner-conflict(Sekret gaem) is incredibly amusing(especially the awkward pause when he tries to explain himself). Missed this podcast.

Great podcast gents.

I do recommend Kevin continue through with Rage...very slow start, but as grumpy old men in regards to Robert and Doug's reaction, it's the best gunplay since FEAR. Once you've got some different ammo types and items in your kit, start hurling those wingsticks.

And play it on Nightmare. Sadly, even id have wilted to the food-through-a-straw mentality gaming has become for the most part and the difficulty on normal means you can't relish the combat as much.

Anyway, again, fine effort.

It's the closest game to FEAR shooting wise in the past 6 years. Drinky would like it as well as i know he's pure graphics ork when it comes to unique looking levels and asset re-use. he'd be as happy as a pig in shit with RAGE.

gabbo said:
They did, I know, just not in that capacity. It was 2:30 in the morning, I didn't realize until later this morning he probably meant a different type of game altogether.
I just don't know how to tell you apart on here, since I only recently started listening. I'd jump on that pc game give away otherwise.

I'm Kevin. PM me your entry with whichever drawing you want to enter (or all of them). I'm just gonna randomly draw names for the Steam copy of Darksiders and each little bundle (Fantasy game pack, WWII game pack).

For everyone interested, I forgot to state a deadline for entries, so I'll say...November 10th.

Top Bottom