• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis Remastered Will Receive More Info Soon, Other Remasters Potentially in Development – Report

Crysis-Remasters-tweet.jpg

Great series, excluding the third title (ditching narrative coherence FTL). I honestly think Crysis 2 had the blueprint to be an all-time great FPS, but fell shy when they sacrificed the quasi-open-world nature of the 1st game.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
3rd game don't need to be remastered, looks really good even today and still demanding af. 2nd game though... Idk, with DX11 patch it still looks good.
The 2nd and 3rd game are the best in the series and I don't like the first one very much, but they can fix that with the remaster, we'll see.

Last edited:
It's crazy how Crysis 3 from 2013 can drop below 100fps maxed out. But shit these visuals feel like a generation before its time. Beautiful game!

Crytek's press release:

"Crysis Remastered will focus on the original game’s single-player campaigns "

I wouldn't expect journalists to actually read a press release or know Warhead existed.

Great series, excluding the third title (ditching narrative coherence FTL). I honestly think Crysis 2 had the blueprint to be an all-time great FPS, but fell shy when they sacrificed the quasi-open-world nature of the 1st game.
The sequels aren't great but I'd buy a trilogy of remasters if I get to see Crysis 2 and 3 on current gen just for the visuals alone.

What will it add that is not already available? Hi res textures and 4k resolution? Is this stuff not already available?

Or is it a remake in latest version of cryengine? Doesn't seem likely by that title.

Enjoyed the game on PS3 back then. Was a great gamepad experience.

Edit: ok, article gives the details.

Last edited:

MDSLKTR

Crysis 2 will require the bow and to be *maximum* enhanced with gameplay QOL to be relevant. It's torturous to play.

In interested as I've never played a Crysis game, However my impression is that Crysis amassed it's cult following due to how groundbreaking it looked compared to other games back then.

But the appeal of the remaster would surely have to lie in it's gameplay/story as everything at least looks the same as Crysis now & some games just straight up look better.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Stuart360

Warhead would make sense as it shares almost all the same assets as the orig game. Crytec might shoot that down but it would make sense to do it.

FeldMonster

Hopefully. I know I sound like a broken record but would have liked to see this on XsX and PS5 instead of current gen, though maybe they make it crossgen?
It does seem odd no? If you are going to do a remaster on current gen, why not sooner? Why not when the Pro/X came out? At this point, why not release them for next-gen?

Unless the newest Cryengine has optimized the game(s) to the point that there is little to gain on next-gen consoles unless they are completely remade (as opposed to simply remastered).

I don't mean to be negative, but perhaps it is for a much needed cash infusion? Release them on the 150+ consoles available today for maximum uptake?

I'm sure there was a reason why we didn't get a single Crysis title in 7 years, 9 times out of 10 it's usually attributed to sales.

But man are EA idiots by not seeing the sales potential of making Crysis 3 cross gen or delaying it to make it launch with the new systems at the time.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
The Crysis games are pretty shitty, the only reason they are revered is because they melted PC’s at the time.

Ive tried to play them multiple times over the years and they bore me to death.

Most over rated series ever (IMO)

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Hopefully. I know I sound like a broken record but would have liked to see this on XsX and PS5 instead of current gen, though maybe they make it crossgen?
Yeah, not really interested in a 30FPS version of either game, don’t care how good the visuals are. Release it on PS5/XSX at 60FPS with dynamic 4k, I’ll be happy.

Romulus

Somehow I'm more excited to see this than next gen stuff. And that's considering I didn't think it was a great franchise to begin with.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I don’t need to wait for new info on a port. I can just play the original version lmao.

The Crysis games are pretty shitty, the only reason they are revered is because they melted PC’s at the time.

Ive tried to play them multiple times over the years and they bore me to death.

Most over rated series ever (IMO)

Yea your opinion is wrong. They are excellent FPS games that got unfairly maligned because butthurt PCMR guys were mad it turned their rigs into poop.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
Re-played Crysis 1 a month or two back, and what struck me was just how damn modern it all felt. The gameplay is terrific, with only a few minor control issues that reminded me it's over a decade old. It's not Call of Duty scripted sequences from start to finish - it's from an era when First Person Shooters had brain to match their brawn. Can't wait to see how it all looks and feels with a new coat of paint!

As an side, I literally started re-playing Crysis 2 last night, and it's almost immediate how much of a visual downgrade it was - even to this day. The controls are better, but the extreme weapon recoil combined with the visual noise during a firefight clutters the game. It feels... messy in comparison to the first, which felt deliberate. With that said, it's still a pretty darn solid shooter, and infinitely more open and free-form than the heavy hitters of today. I've never played 3, but I'm looking forward to hitting it up next. Such an underrated series.

Top Bottom