• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Curious about this game

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I was on a plane yesterday and a guy on the opposite side a couple rows up was playing a game on a laptop which I had not seen. I Googled to try and find it with no luck. Maybe you all can help.

It was an overhead, slightly isometric view. Overlooking a landscape. The screen would show a couple rows of cards in the middle /lower part of the screen. It seems like it was a world-builder game and you used the cards to place workers and healers and teachers......It had an animal vibe as the characters and I saw a large squirrel in the lower right of the screen. It didn't seem anime and never saw any cutscenes or conversations. Just saying 'do you want to place your worker?' I thought it might be Root but didn't look like that. Kind of a mix between a card-builder/ world-builder. Any thoughts?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ha!! That looks like it! Thanks!

Curious.....it it good?
I dont know. But it seems to be getting good Steam reviews. And the boardgame got excellent reviews. I never played either. Not too often you see a game get 8/10 or higher.

I buy PC board games every once in a while and most seem pretty good. Not perfect by any means, but when I spend maybe $5 per game its worth it.

Other PC board games I bought and got my money's worth. But I only play against the AI. The MP community might be dead. So if you ever get a PC board game and want to do MP, make sure the online community is still alive, and it's got a good offline AI mode.

- Sagrada
- Isles of Skye (easily the buggiest and shitty mobile interface game out of them all, but I still had my fun)
- Stockpile
- Roll Player
- One Deck Dungeon

Games I bought, but didn't get around to it yet or barely played:

- Lords of Waterdeep
- Istanbul
- Splendor
- Twilight Struggle

One game I'll try one day when I get a new laptop (the one I use now is shit) is Gloomhaven. My laptop cant even meet the minimum specs! But the games I listed above all run smooth on my laptop.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I dont know. But it seems to be getting good Steam reviews. And the boardgame got excellent reviews. I never played either. Not too often you see a game get 8/10 or higher.

I buy PC board games every once in a while and most seem pretty good. Not perfect by any means, but when I spend maybe $5 per game its worth it.

Other PC board games I bought and got my money's worth. But I only play against the AI. The MP community might be dead. So if you ever get a PC board game and want to do MP, make sure the online community is still alive, and it's got a good offline AI mode.

- Sagrada
- Isles of Skye (easily the buggiest and shitty mobile interface game out of them all, but I still had my fun)
- Stockpile
- Roll Player
- One Deck Dungeon

Games I bought, but didn't get around to it yet or barely played:

- Lords of Waterdeep
- Istanbul
- Splendor
- Twilight Struggle

One game I'll try one day when I get a new laptop (the one I use now is shit) is Gloomhaven. My laptop cant even meet the minimum specs! But the games I listed above all run smooth on my laptop.
I have One Deck Dungeon but haven't really played it. Didn't click. I have the Gloomhaven boardgame (and Frosthaven) and got the Gloomhaven PC game and played well (on Steam Deck). Only played a little since I was playing the board version, but seemed pretty slick.

Top Bottom