• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Dev Team Will Work Extra Long Hours After Latest Delay

Mista

Banned
This new “crunch” term is hilarious. It’s part of the job, they aren’t the only ones nor the last too. I “crunch” too and who gave a fuck about me? No one. As it should be!

This is work. You’re late? You handle the consequences. This whole fucking snowflake articles is getting on my nerves

And what do they do actually? Write news on websites. If you know what “crunch” is I’d understand but you do nothing for fuck sake

Not saying “crunch” is fine but that’s part of “work” and it comes from consequences. Also I’m sure they’re getting paid well at the end of the day

Fucking pussies they make a problem out of everything today...

Good luck to you CDPR. Got my full trust in you since day one

Last edited:
Why does every third poster in this thread sound like Mr. Burns? Crunch sucks. It can go on for months, has people working 12-14 hour days, often 6 days a week, sometimes 7 but they'll be allowed to go home "early" at 6 on Saturday or something. Being down on that type of grind is not entitlement, it destroys families. People have babies they miss growing up so that a reviewer doesn't dock half a point for not having enough side quests.

Pirog123

Banned
I hate to spoil the fun, but Poles are not the majority of Cyberpunk's workforce. ;) The studio has many foreign employees, same with outsourcing tons of stuff.
No, Poles are the majority of develpers, - 78% Rest comes mainly from Great Britain, US and Canada, generally there are people from 32 countries empoyed by CD Projekt. And people from abroad are even more used to crunch than Poles e.g. former Rockstar employes.

imsosleepy

What's wrong with that? They are probably well paid working in a good environment. The pathetic bandwagon ResetEra millennial is overreacting with the bs talk like "Not fair" and "This should not happen" as they were working in a basement as slaves in a communist country. So tired of this sjw crap. Just waiting for the "Not buying the game" bs topic there
Yes. And the same people who make such a big fuss out of crush wil happily buy the new iphone every year wich are made by people who make long hours and extreme low pay

Cd does have a good bonus sysytem btw. They work on a massive seller and wil get good bonusses probably

Last edited:

stevish

Neo Member
The nature of the beast, I can't begin to fathom how hard it would be to make/plan for a game like this.

Goodluck to the team, I already have my copy of the game bought

Mendax89

They scrapped the original version( of the teaser), original devs left, lead devs left, turned the game into a GTA clone, FPS with sponge bullet enemies and now they can't finish the game.

Pirog123

Banned
They scrapped the original version( of the teaser), original devs left, lead devs left, turned the game into a GTA clone, FPS with sponge bullet enemies and now they can't finish the game.
Mendax means liar in latin but you probably know that...
Cyberkek, Choomba!

clarky

Gold Member
What's this "crunch" bollocks? It's nothing new, any job with deadlines or an "end" will see you working longer hours when needs be. See the film industry, writers, construction, police, doctors, soldiers, etc etc. If you don't like it don't do it, go stack shelves and be a nobody or something.

So you got to work 12 hours a day? Welcome to the real world.

It's part of life and unavoidable.

JLB

Banned
Are they getting paid extra for it too? If they are I see no problem. This is a very specific kind of job and this shit happens.

As part of the software development industry, I can tell you thats not the problem. They will pay you. Indeed, in some countries, you get juicy extra compensations for that. The problem is you are basically not allowed to say "no". Like, hey, Im a damn dad, need to be with the kids. Or hey! My bro is marrying on Saturday.

100% this is what's happening and to be honest what should be happening as well. It all makes sense, Why there is no footage of the console versions yet etc.

They'd make an absolute killing having this as a launch title for PS5 for instance.
I'm kind of surprised though as the new release date would eliminate a lot of double dippers. I'll be getting a Series X day 1 so I can wait 2 months from September to play the game. Had it stuck to it's original date in April I'm sure I would have bought it at launch and then again with the new console.

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
They aren't the only ones feeling the crunch. It's bad.

But some of these games coming out will be the greatest achievements ever made for that particular company. That's all I'll say about that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Basically the only industry where things get released on time down to the last minute or delayed. Almost never seems to be products released on time with a nice casual and relaxed release where everyone did their job efficiently and people work a normal 9-5 job.

Siri

Banned
This new “crunch” term is hilarious. It’s part of the job, they aren’t the only ones nor the last too. I “crunch” too and who gave a fuck about me? No one. As it should be!

This is work. You’re late? You handle the consequences. This whole fucking snowflake articles is getting on my nerves

And what do they do actually? Write news on websites. If you know what “crunch” is I’d understand but you do nothing for fuck sake

Not saying “crunch” is fine but that’s part of “work” and it comes from consequences. Also I’m sure they’re getting paid well at the end of the day

Fucking pussies they make a problem out of everything today...

Good luck to you CDPR. Got my full trust in you since day one

You’re just plain wrong.

You don’t even understand who CDPR is. It’s like you think it’s this divine entity that provides you with glorious games. The owners are not nice people. I’m sorry, but they just fucking aren’t.

if you were working for them you’d be the first one shooting your mouth off,

Gp1

like if "crunching" never happend in marketing/ad or any form of project management outside software and games....

They can sacrifice a child to polish gods while clubing baby seals and deliver in december as long as they do a good job.

I think it's good to remember that we're talking about entertainment....

In fact we're talking about business

Last edited:

Siri

Banned
What a shitty article

What a shitty little company. Instead of all that PR they deluge people with maybe they should take some of that massive profit they boasted about recently and pay their employees a decent wage.

If you had actually read the ‘shitty’ article you would’ve been educated about the stressful hours AND the shitty pay - that’s exactly what we’ve been hearing about this crappy little developer for years now.

clyd

Neo Member
What a shitty little company. Instead of all that PR they deluge people with maybe they should take some of that massive profit they boasted about recently and pay their employees a decent wage.

If you had actually read the ‘shitty’ article you would’ve been educated about the stressful hours AND the shitty pay - that’s exactly what we’ve been hearing about this crappy little developer for years now.
You've gotta be a troll, or the author of this shitty article. Or both! "Little developer" LOL

Top Bottom