• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 - The gangs of Night City + PC Spec

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

unknown.png

unknown.png

The gangs of Night City

Voodoo Boys:

The Voodoo Boys are a terrorist gang of drug dealers. They engage in weird magic rituals, and deal non-synthetic drugs to students near the University. Sadistic and pitiless, they will kill, torture, and rape for any reason or no reason at all. Victims will sometimes be warned with Chicken blood and feathers on their doorstep. Or not. Their motives and practices have no consistency. Mutilating and maiming victims is common, as is dissecting their body parts for rituals or to inspire terror.
No outsider has ever successfully infiltrated the gang. They have no fixed headquarters or crash pads. The location and time for the next meeting is chosen at the end of each meeting. At least two high profile Medias have died while trying to cover this gang. They are considered a priority for the NCPD, violent and dangerous. The terror they inspire has been successful in keeping the local merchants quiet and uncooperative with the police.

0IkCJe.png

6th Street:
One of their emblems is a blue "6th Street" with an outline of blue stars and a black skull with "6th Street" in the middle with an outline of black stars.
Founded by veterans of the 4th Corporate War tired of the helplessness of the NCPD, 6th Street was meant to serve and protect the community of Vista del Rey. Today their interpretation of the law and "bringing justice to the city" is questionable and self-serving.
The 6th Street gang was founded by old-fashioned American patriots who came together to act as an ad hoc police force. They have since forgone their original goal of serving public trust and are no different than any other gang who abuse their power and position in local communities. They regularly force smaller neighborhood businesses to pay tribute and "protection money," and are known to engage in various and outright criminal activities.

0IkJek.png

Valentinos:
The Valentinos is a poser gang dedicated to seducing the most attractive women in Night City. The more unobtainable she appears to be, the more attractive a target she makes. They do not maintain any turf, and have no goals outside of seducing women. They are generally harmless to anyone except the husbands and boyfriends of very attractive women in the city.
They meet four times a year to compare conquests.In 2077, they are one of Night City’s largest gangs, the Valentinos are bound by a strong moral code and century-old traditions.
Controlling swathes of predominantly Latino areas of Heywood, they treat values such as honor, justice, and brotherhood with deadly seriousness.
The Valentinos have altered the structure of the gang by turning into a mostly Latino gang, most members are but they don't have to be Latino.

0IkQxx.png

Maelstrom:
A combat gang formed from what was left of the Metal Warriors, a gang that was almost completely wiped out by the Inquisitors. It has also acquired members from the Red Chrome Legion and Ironsights, who also have grudges against the Inquisitors. While the Inquisitors are a special target for their violence, Maelstrom will also (of course) attack anyone else as well.
In the past, most of their crimes have been small time, but their hunger for expensive new cyberware and drugs is pushing them to attack larger targets, such as those that serve the Solos and Corporations.
In 2077, the Maelstrom Gang is located in the All Food plant in Night City. With 1,300 members, they are led by Royce after he deposed and imprisoned the last boss, Brick.

0Ik9RH.png

Aldecaldos:
The Aldecaldo family was the first true Nomad family to form during the 1990s as Los Angeles turned into a war zone. Juan Aldecaldo started out in the defense industry, much of the extended Aldecaldo family depended on Juan for various needs.
Juan led his family as the migrated from the US to Mexico City and as time went on his leadership became stronger. The Aldecaldos returned to the US in 2015 with an increased numbers of Nomads.
In 2077, the Aldecaldos are one of the two Nomad groups inhabiting the Badlands. They have a long history of frequent conflict and warring with the other Nomad group, the Wraiths.
Unlike their aggressive rivals, the Aldecaldos are more open to making deals with V.

0Ikd71.png

Viraithis:

0IkqFc.png

The Mox:
The Mox are a gang in Night City. One of their emblems is "The Mox" written in calligraphy.
Formed in 2076 after the death of Elizabeth "Lizzie" Borden, a strip club owner & ex-prostitute who treated her workers fairly and defended them from violent clients, The Mox refer to themselves as “those who protect working girls and guys” from violence and abuse.
They are based in Lizzie's Bar and rarely venture outside the district. They run several Braindance stations at their headquarters.
The Mox gang is relatively small, non-territorial, and consist of of mostly sexworkers, anarchist, punks, and sexual minorities. Formed in 2067 in the interest of mutual self-defense purposes, their name comes from the old slang term "moxie," denoting their determination to stand up against their oppressors.

0IkmIK.png

Tiger Claws:
In 2020 the Tyger's Claw was a small defensive combat gang who claimed turf in Japantown, and the residential community surrounding it.
They generally did not use most cyberware, preferring to rely on martial arts, traditional Japanese weapons, and enhanced reflexes. It was rumored that they are backed financially by Arasaka.
In 2077, the Tyger's Claw changed their name to the Tyger Claws but have changed very little, examples of the few changes being that they now regularly use Cyberware and are very fixated on motorcycles for transportation. They've also gone from small humble beginnings to one of the largest gangs in the city. Rumored to be in a territory feud with the Steel Dragons, a gang originating from Tokyo.

0IksmZ.png

Animals:
The Animals are an aggressive street-fighting boostergang from west Pacifica that emphasize on physical power above all else. They avoid traditional cyberware so they enhance themselves with melee combat-enhancing cyberware and by using testosterone, animal supplements, and a steroid-like drug known as "the Juice" which increases the user's strength and speed.
They frequently sell off their services as bouncers, a job of which they are heavily sought after for, and are spread throughout the area. They have cornered the illegal substance trade as well as underground live-or-die prize fighting. When the gang gather together in one spot it means they are up to something important, they then select the strongest and fastest among them to be the ad hoc leader, in this current case, Sasquatch.
The Animals are secretly allied with the anti-cybercrime task force, NetWatch.

0Ik3oP.png

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I'm so stoked about this game, it some how looks bigger and bigger. Also, man, it feels good knowing that my specs are way passed the recommended ones, lmao.

Zathalus

Tell me all about how Xbox Series S “holds back next gen”

The minimum specs here are SUB base X1

The “recommended” is a shit old 6GB GTX card and 4th gen i7

😂

PC’s are holding back next gen

😎
What? No, the minimum specs blow the base X1 out of the water. They are roughly a PS4 Pro in power.

Bartski

Gold Member
recommended are close to the pc I'm typing from which is a workstation not built for gaming. Crazy!

Md Ray

... yes?

More specifically, the PS4 pro is slightly slower then a RX 470 and roughly equal to a Geforce 780 in raw performance. It also only has 5.5GB of useable RAM.
GTX 780 and PS4 Pro's GPU aren't comparable. Pro's GPU is way better. The 780 doesn't have rapid packed math, async compute which are heavily utilized by devs on Pro. Take DOOM Eternal for e.g. GTX 780 barely manages to hit 50fps at dynamic 1080p, Low settings while PS4 Pro runs at dynamic 1440p, Med-High settings, stable 60fps.

Romulus

GTX 780 and PS4 Pro's GPU aren't comparable. Pro's GPU is way better. The 780 doesn't have rapid packed math, async compute which are heavily utilized by devs on Pro. Take DOOM Eternal for e.g. GTX 780 barely manages to hit 50fps at dynamic 1080p, Low settings while PS4 Pro runs at dynamic 1440p, Med-High settings, stable 60fps.

Okay, yeah, that's closer to what I was thinking.

DeaDPo0L84

😂

😎
Maybe you should actually see what the baseline is for what they're considering recommend specs.

Recommended are based on high settings, 30fps, and 1080p.

Last edited:
Hmm now, PS5 or PC?
Well, the PS5 patch to "take full advantage of next-gen hardware" doesn't come out until 2021, right? I suppose that means RT and what not.

So PC should be a better option than the PS4 version run on PS5? Granted the PC is reasonably powerful.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

😂

😎
what the fuck are you talking about. GTX 780 is like 4 times more powerful than the base x1. a 470 is a 4.9 tflops gpu.

Last edited:

SCB3

Well, the PS5 patch to "take full advantage of next-gen hardware" doesn't come out until 2021, right? I suppose that means RT and what not.

So PC should be a better option than the PS4 version run on PS5? Granted the PC is reasonably powerful.

I currently have a 1060 6gb, so meets the recommended, I am planning on a 3080 eventually though

Aidah

Kind of useless recommended requirements. You have to put the resolution/settings/target fps with said hardware.

I currently have a 1060 6gb, so meets the recommended, I am planning on a 3080 eventually though
I would play on PC then. Should play better than the PS4 version on PS5 with no enhancements? But I guess we don't know enough about what that version has to offer yet 🙂

I'm very curious to see how the PS5 enhanced version turns out eventually.

So bummed that its 70gb. I would liked at least 100 on release (for console players, thats the size of tlou2). And when the enhancement patch comes in, another hefty 80gb 🥰 Textures, particles, gfx... One can dream

GymWolf

I don't know how people can watch trailers of this game and not being excited.

what impress me most is the sheer amount of unique models, from quest givers to npc to enemies to people who sell stuff, there is an incredible visual diversity, same for the locations, how many hours of work to create all these assets...i don't know how can this game have such a big difference in budget even compared to a ps3 title like gta5, and don't even let me start with rdr2...i mean i know rockstar have unlimited money but this looks like a gargantuan project with the same scope...

i guess european devs are more efficent and cheap :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Did anyone else notice the returning rocket at the start? That thing was huge and since everything they’ve shown so far has had some meaning to it I don’t think this thing is going to be just background detail. I’m not 100% convinced but I’ll be looking for a way to make my way up to a space station of some sort. I’m feeling like there will be some ‘JR Hadden’ dude who is the owner of Asaka living up in zero gravity to extend his life or something.

But maybe it will just be a background detail that orbital launches are happening from the city or maybe it’s not an orbital launch at all.

poodaddy

Nice to know the recommended specs for at least 1080/30. CPU demands seem very reasonable as well, so that's kind of a relief. I'm assuming an RTX 2080 should be able to hit 1440p/60 with most settings high/max, which is a very good thing. What I'm very curious about right now is the performance impact of the RTX features, particularly global illumination. I'm willing to bet the 20 series won't really be able to hack decent performance with the raytracing features. The 3080 will probably handle this game like a champ, so good for those few lucky folks who managed to snag one. I might end up just DLSS-ing from 1080p instead of 1440p to get as much performance as I can with some ray tracing features, it all depends on how well DLSS cleans up the image in this. Hoping for good things.

Top Bottom