• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition Announced for Xbox Series S|X, PS5 and PC

Luigi Mario

I think it's just a simple case of them not wanting to make a new SKU / new set of trophies / pay new cert fee for the new SKU to Sony.

I have no idea if the process is different / more lenient for Xbox cert, but this is what most people think might be the reason.
You know that bit about requiring a new set of trophies is kinda of bull since the recently released Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition doesn't come with a separate trophy list. The other stuff may very well be true though and needs to be streamlined.
Not necessarily true. I recently bought the Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania Edition and all DLC is included on disc, even though the SKU just shows as Dead Cells.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Almost no reason to get it, tbh. Maybe pick it you dig the new key art on the cover, otherwise 🤷.

I suppose the only redeeming factor will be that the disc will contain the updated base game, rather than the awful PS4 version that was initially released in 2020.

This, plus, I don't know if people have noticed but PS4 discs are way more noisy AND spin for longer when loaded on a PS5 compared to a PS5 disc.

That, and the fact that everytime you turn your ps5 on you have that g'damned PS4 game icon sitting right next to the PS5 upgraded version one.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Not necessarily true. I recently bought the Dead Cells: Return to Castlevania Edition and all DLC is included on disc, even though the SKU just shows as Dead Cells.

It's weird, FFVII Remake's PS5 native SKU doesn't have Intergrade on disc, but has a DLC voucher. There's a few other big game examples too. The pricing structure for cert is probably different depending on the publisher.

I can't think of any other logical reason why they didn't stick it on disc otherwise.

Luigi Mario

It's weird, FFVII Remake's PS5 native SKU doesn't have Intergrade on disc, but has a DLC voucher. There's a few other big game examples too. The pricing structure for cert is probably different depending on the publisher.

I can't think of any other logical reason why they didn't stick it on disc otherwise.
MK11 Ultimate too, but that version released around the launch of current gen consoles.

He was speculating that, like Netherrealm and Square Enix, CDPR is still using an older PS5 SDK version.

Last edited:
The amount of bootlickers I've seen on reddit saying that the PS5 version doesn't have the DLC on disc "isn't a big deal" makes me sick.

CDPR patched an unfinished game into a better state. Wow, that's fucking unprecedented. They're basically Jesus of the video game industry. Muh heckin redemption arc!

They deserve all the disappointment they get from overhyping Cyberpunk 2 or The Witcher 4 or whatever.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Cyberpunk… it's a decent game that was taken advantage of by reviewers over a game just needing a patch, Johnny Silverhand, the relic, dogtown it’s wonderful.

S0ULZB0URNE

jFk1dzQ.gif

Dane

Not the first time i've seen, Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Legacy Edition came with a download voucher for COD 4 Remastered and also required the disc to be inserted, while the Xbox One version didn't need the voucher, the disc check was enough to give you the option to download it. I've seen people citing other examples, so my guess is that if the extra content is not in the disc, it cannot be downloaded with a disc check on Playstation, it needs to be a separate voucher.

Kupfer

I think it's just a simple case of them not wanting to make a new SKU / new set of trophies / pay new cert fee for the new SKU to Sony.

I have no idea if the process is different / more lenient for Xbox cert, but this is what most people think might be the reason.

Yeah, pretty much this. Found this in another forum :

Ah, I know what's going on. This is a problem with Sony's backend. They don't allow you to integrate DLC onto a disc like this without essentially creating an entirely new SKU. Other developers have had the same issue.

I think they need to recompile a version of the game with the DLC integrated, which means resubmitting to Sony. Presumably, they haven't invested the associated time and money.

This is complete nonsense. I would have liked to get this version to have a complete, internet-independent, and well-playable version of one of my current favorite games in my collection, not just a mishmash of the launch day PS4 version, patched up to 2.0 with digital DLC, where every reinstall requires relying on dozens of gigabytes of downloads.

I really hope that this faux pas is addressed and taken into account in future pressings of the game, so that PS5 players actually get an ultimate edition. The reprint of Spyro: Reignited took a similar path, and now all games are on the disc.

StereoVsn StereoVsn Fbh Fbh LordCBH LordCBH Hugare Hugare Mozzarella Mozzarella and to all the others who find this procedure disagreeable;
just complaining in forums won't achieve anything. Write CDPR an email, let them know you're dissatisfied with the decision.
Stay polite and courteous, but make sure they're aware of your standing about this.

Two email addresses that I am aware of and from which I have already received responses regarding Phantom Liberty and its release are:

Last edited:

NeonDelta

Surely from a ps5 and pc point of view it’s cheaper to just buy it separately (physically or digitally)

I think on PSN it’s £46 bundle at moment. And physical is about £17 plus £25 dlc

MK11 Ultimate too, but that version released around the launch of current gen consoles.

He was speculating that, like Netherrealm and Square Enix, CDPR is still using an older PS5 SDK version.

Well there's at least some silver lining to all of this as going forward we should see more devs/pubs use the latest PS5 SDK to ship their games. This however is not an excuse to the awful job CDPR is doing with this PS5 physical release. I mean if indie devs can do a proper physical release with all the DLC on disc why can't CDPR (a billion dollar company) do the same?

Last edited:

Kupfer

Do we know which version of CP2077 is on the disc? Version 2.00 has an annoying bug that could occur after the "Clouds" quest when you choose a specific dialog option with Johnny, causing the relic glitch effect and sound to persist. I played for about half an hour, thinking it would resolve itself, but it became too annoying, and I lost some progress when reloading a previous savegame.
It was fixed with 2.02 I think.

Last edited:

hlm666

2.1 is going to have some interesting updates to path traced mode.

"Update 2.1 makes that technology even better, once again raising the bar for image quality, immersion, and realism.

Full ray tracing, activated via the Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode, exits Preview status with the release of the Ultimate Edition, boasting additional improvements.

Under the hood, technologies including Shader Execution Reordering (SER) and Opacity Micromaps (OMM) have delivered significant performance gains during the evolution of the Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode.

Now, we're introducing Reservoir-based Spatiotemporal Importance Resampling Global Illumination (ReSTIR GI) with the launch of Update 2.1 and the Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition. ReSTIR GI is an advanced sampling technique for indirect lighting available in the NVIDIA RTXDI SDK, which further improves the quality of fully ray traced lighting in Cyberpunk 2077.

Before the release of Update 2.1, some scenes were darker than intended due to the loss of lighting energy during denoising. Using ReSTIR GI, local lighting is appropriately bright, and light now travels further, illuminating a scene further into the distance and increasing the brightness of previously illuminated detail.

In Update 2.0, the movement of dynamic characters, the equipping of new weapons and items, or the moving of the camera could cause full ray tracing to visibly update in areas that were previously occluded. With the introduction of ReSTIR GI in Update 2.1, disocclusion noise has been greatly reduced."

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Snagged the definitive physical release of Cyberpunk 2077 for the Serious X. Cost me €$45 eddies so I couldn't really say no to that!

20231229_151448.jpg

And they weren't lying, it's on 3 discs! adamsapple adamsapple 👀

20231229_151656.jpg

Imma start playing today since I'm done with this season of Diablo 4.

I gameflied this in Dec and it came in a unique case I've never seen before lol.

We back to PS1 JRPGs now !

Last edited:
Top Bottom