• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cygames Announces the Official Title for Its All-New Console Action Game “Project GAMM” as “Garnet Arena: Mages of Magicary

Tokyo-based video game publisher and developer Cygames, Inc. (HQ: Shibuya-ku, Tokyo; President: Koichi Watanabe, hereinafter referred to as "Cygames") revealed the official title for its new original action game for the home entertainment market, formerly known as Project GAMM, to be Garnet Arena: Mages of Magicary.
80b7a7c0fb34a8db77a5c1546c57f59c-1024x723.jpg

About Garnet Arena: Mages of Magicary

"The Most Beautiful Battle in the World." Thus is described the conflict that lies at the heart of this new original action game developed for the home entertainment market. Players will be able to enjoy the elegance and beauty that accompanies the flashy multiplayer battles set in the world in which mages of sun and rain dwell—Noir.

Visitors to Cygames Exhibition: Artworks, which began on Saturday, September 2 at the Ueno Royal Museum, will be able to view concept artwork and the latest video footage for the title.
4198200037bed23fdfef0cc2ca5fa342.jpg

db85a3185144ffd84472797b9f5ec7d7.jpg

27f9af4bfd28db348502b6e8a266dff4.jpg

Kadve

My brain read that as Cyanide first and briefly wondered if they must have been on an Anime binge or something before making this.

Mr.Phoenix

Unfortunately, this is one of those studios I don't trust. They are big in the mobile space but have done very little in the console space.

Still waiting on Project Awakening btw....

Kurotri

Looks great. However, I keep wondering...what happened to that other game from Cygames?

Edit: Holy shit I just realized the music is done by Shiro Sagisu!

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
As If I'm not already confused by all of these anime RPG/Gacha games that are coming out of the woodwork now.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Companies that start out primarily in the mobile space have very different expectations in terms of product development time-scales than those coming from console/pc gaming.
For them its normal to spend an inordinate amount of time and effort tweaking the visuals and overall presentation in order to hit their target audience; you can see this with Granblue Relink, which despite being shown in a highly polished and playable state several years ago, still isn't going to arrive until 2024.

I really would not be surprised to see more from Project Awakening (or whatever its now called) down the line, but I'd expect it to look different and more refined as a result of them honing their vision.

Top Bottom