• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DBZ Kakarot: Goku’s Next Journey releasing in Feb

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
This may be interesting if they go beyond the ending.

If it's just until the ending, well that's less exciting to be honest.

I think they are gonna have to, otherwise they just showed everything they’re gonna cover in the trailer lmao. The manga never went past that point either right?

Doom85

I think they are gonna have to, otherwise they just showed everything they’re gonna cover in the trailer lmao. The manga never went past that point either right?

Nope, GT is anime-only and does take place after Z’s epilogue.

Super (which has both a manga and anime) takes place before the epilogue/final timeskip of Z (IIRC when fighting Uub, Goku doesn‘t transform, so this explains why him learning new forms in Super doesn’t contradict it, and even if he did transform, it’s believable Goku could have been holding back). Super definitely does make GT non-canon though (though Toriyama did say he views GT as an alternate timeline…..but in a different way, not any of the timelines created by Trunks, Cell, or Zamasu, yeah, try not to think about it too much lest your head start hurting like mine).

I would hope if they intend to do this that Toriyama had some input like he did the first five arcs of Super. That being said, it feels weird for this particular part of the story (past the Z epilogue) to be a video game story only with no manga or anime. Especially as the Kakarot game still had some Super arcs left it could adapt, hell they could even do an alternate timeline thing and have GT arcs DLC as well.

Codes 208

Super (which has both a manga and anime) takes place before the epilogue/final timeskip of Z (IIRC when fighting Uub, Goku doesn‘t transform, so this explains why him learning new forms in Super doesn’t contradict it, and even if he did transform, it’s believable Goku could have been holding back). Super definitely does make GT non-canon though (though Toriyama did say he views GT as an alternate timeline…..but in a different way, not any of the timelines created by Trunks, Cell, or Zamasu, yeah, try not to think about it too much lest your head start hurting like mine).

I would hope if they intend to do this that Toriyama had some input like he did the first five arcs of Super. That being said, it feels weird for this particular part of the story (past the Z epilogue) to be a video game story only with no manga or anime. Especially as the Kakarot game still had some Super arcs left it could adapt, hell they could even do an alternate timeline thing and have GT arcs DLC as well.
Super already contradicts EoZ, the current manga arc is the black freeza arc, plus daima takes place after that which means gokus seen bulma within a year prior to the tourney (which in the og eoz, she says its been five years)

At this point id argue its fair to say that eoz is just part of the branching timeline that leads to gt but no longer the current canon as-is

Last edited:

Codes 208

I wonder when new Super arcs are coming to anime.
I’m thoroughly convinced that after the black freeza and daime arcs ends, we’ll get a new dragon ball series that officially takes place after End of Z, effectively being the new GT

At that point theyre going to either skip the manga arcs altogether or they’ll act as the retellings ala battle of gods and Ressurection F were for super

Last edited:

Doom85

Super already contradicts EoZ, the current manga arc is the black freeza arc, plus daima takes place after that which means gokus seen bulma within a year prior to the tourney (which in the og eoz, she says its been five years)

At this point id argue its fair to say that eoz is just part of the branching timeline that leads to gt but no longer the current canon as-is

Gotcha, I’ve not read the manga past where the Super anime left off, so I wasn’t aware.

Have they said Daima is meant to be canon? It just seems like such a weird direction. Plus, will it make eventually adapting the Super arcs later in the manga impossible continuity-wise, or will it fit with the continuity?

fatmarco

Tbh, whatever ending Z has is more canon than Super if Super straight up contradicts it.

Doom85

Tbh, whatever ending Z has is more canon than Super if Super straight up contradicts it.

Eh, I’ll be honest, the epilogue is not great. Well, most of the Buu Saga isn’t great really.

Also, seriously Goku, visit your fucking friends already. Between OG Dragonball and Z, it was justified, as Chi-Chi was forbidding it to keep Gohan from getting roped into training, but by the end of Z there’s no justification for Goku not checking in on lifetime friends. And then he straight up bails on everyone at the end to train some new kid.

I’m not blaming Toriyama, likely his heart wasn’t in it anymore and was only doing it out of obligations since everything up to the end of Cell was good/great.

If GT Goku ever returns, I hope they continue to use his sensei/master design from the DB Heroes anime and keep his more serious demeanor (that they used to separate him from the lighthearted Z/Super Goku in Heroes)

tumblr_pb7zhcXsfT1wyh2j4o1_r1_500.gif

ey9lld77lof71.png

380fbd42b396444f19c1aa2b4b93e8b5.jpg

Doom85

GT is the real timeline 🤷🏾‍♂️

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

The Baby saga is the only one that’s semi-good (and even it has problems, and don’t even get me started on how they did my boy Piccolo dirty like that). Omega Shenron is meh (with a nonsensical ending), Super 17 is nothing but wasted potential and rushing everything, and oh boy, the clusterfuck that was the first 16 episodes need to be nuked from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure.

kiphalfton

If there's a sequel, they need to rebuild it from from the ground up. The world design in Kakarot is awful, as are side quests, easter eggs, and orb collecting.

I didn't expect much from namek, BUT they shouldn't have split up the earth into 10 individual sections. Not like they couldn't have done it as one big area, as each section isn't even that big, and we've seen plenty of devs (big and small) make open world games.

It's an okay first try, but I don't like that they're building upon a flawed foundation (by expanding on this game, instead of making a sequel) with all the DLC.

Last edited:
No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

The Baby saga is the only one that’s semi-good (and even it has problems, and don’t even get me started on how they did my boy Piccolo dirty like that). Omega Shenron is meh (with a nonsensical ending), Super 17 is nothing but wasted potential and rushing everything, and oh boy, the clusterfuck that was the first 16 episodes need to be nuked from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure.
Real or not, the first episodes did bring back the atmosphere of Dragon Ball. Which was cool.

Top Bottom