• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead by Daylight hits 60M players

Draugoth

Gold Member
dbd_artwork.0.jpg

More than 60 million players have entered the Fog of Dead by Daylight, developer Behaviour Interactive announced Tuesday. That means the asymmetrical multiplayer horror game has grown by 10 million players since March 2022.

Mathieu Cote, producer and head of partnerships at Behaviour, credits Dead by Daylight’s success to a couple factors: listening to its players and making the right game at the right time.

“We got lucky to a certain extent,” Cote said in an interview with Polygon. “We get credit for [doing] some [things right], but we got lucky; we released at a time when people wanted what we had to offer. We’ve always tried to be as generous as we can with our monetization. We have 300 people working every single day on that game. We always made sure that people would have a choice to pay or not and to pay in a way that is showing their commitment, [and] showing their desire for the game to continue to be more interesting to be deeper.”

Laieon

Very impressive indeed. I just wish I could get into it, I significantly prefer the gameplay loop of far more dead (in both daylight and night) games like Friday the 13th and TCM.

MiguelItUp

Very impressive indeed. I just wish I could get into it, I significantly prefer the gameplay loop of far more dead (in both daylight and night) games like Friday the 13th and TCM.
Exactly where I'm at. Everything about DBD I should love as it's horror centric and contains awesome collaborations that are right up my alley. But I can't get into the gameplay for the life of me. The whole ring around the rose-y gameplay with hopping through windows and blocking with pallets just isn't fun to me. I loved F13 a great deal, but something about TCM hasn't clicked with me either unfortunately. :(

Top Bottom