• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadwood movie "is going to happen" promises HBO President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipjoint

http://tvline.com/2016/01/07/deadwood-movie-reunion-hbo-premiere-date/
Reports of a Deadwood comeback have not been greatly exaggerated. Quite the opposite, in fact.

HBO programming president Michael Lombardo confirmed to TVLine that he personally gave series creator David Milch the green light to resurrect the acclaimed yet painfully short-lived Western.

“David has our commitment that we are going to do it,” says Lombardo. “He pitched what he thought generally the storyline would be — and knowing David, that could change. But it’s going to happen.”

The exec says that the revival — which would take the form of a movie versus a limited series — was born out of a “palpable” sense he had that Milch “has something left unsaid” with regard to Deadwood, adding “I’ve known him for a while and it feels like it’s something he’s not done talking about.”

Timing wise, Lombardo says Milch has another project he’s currently working on, “But the understanding is that when he is done with that he will turn his attention to [writing the] script for the Deadwood film.”

And what about the potential scheduling nightmare that awaits trying to corral the show’s busy, in-demand cast? “I’m going to leave that in David’s hands,” Lombardo says with a smile. “He’s confident he will be able to.

“The cast is unbelievably [tight],” he adds. “Some casts and creators form a bond that becomes relevant for the rest of their lives. This was a defining moment for a lot of them.”

giphy.gif

This better be true, otherwise HBO...

VawxPbR.gif

I wonder if HBO is getting a bit worried about how shitty True Detective season 2 was and how Game of Thrones isn't that beloved anymore. Man I would love me some more Deadwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom