• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Deal alert] Every Xbox Splinter Cell game for just $30 - all are 4K on Xbox One X

Sony

Nintendo

Danny 117

Credits to MauroNL for doing the work on ResetEra:

Every Splinter Cell game is now on sale in the Xbox Store, for a around $30.
All of the are backward compatible. All of the games are 4K enhaced on Xbox One X.
This is basically a 4K Splinter Cell collection. Amazing value.

Splinter Cell
Splinter Cell Pandora's Tomorrow
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Splinter Cell Double Agent (Original Xbox Version)
Splinter Cell Double Agent (Xbox 360 Version)
Splinter Cell Conviction
Splinter Cell Blacklist

I wish they added achievements to the original xbox games. I would buy them instantly if that were the case.

Also you can't use any store credit you may have to buy them - has to be Paypal/CC :( - but still such an amazing deal.

Last edited:

Sony

Nintendo
I wish they added achievements to the original xbox games. I would buy them instantly if that were the case.

Also you can't use any store credit you may have to buy them - has to be Paypal/CC :( - but still such an amazing deal.

I think you can use store credit if you purchase them through an Xbox 360.

T-Cake

Splinter Cell = £4.79
Pandora Tomorrow = £4.79
Chaos Theory = £4.79
Double Agent (Xbox) = £4.79
Double Agent (360) = £5.99
Conviction = £5.99
Blacklist = £5.99

£32.34 in Great British pounds = $40 United States dollars

Danny 117

Splinter Cell = £4.79
Pandora Tomorrow = £4.79
Chaos Theory = £4.79
Conviction = £5.99
Blacklist = £5.99

The US prices don't include sales tax (right?) whereas the UK prices include VAT. Agree that we generally get screwed over in the UK though.

I think you can use store credit if you purchase them through an Xbox 360.

I wish I still had my 360 but I got rid of it many moons ago I'm afraid...

jaysius

Banned
I loved Blacklist back in the day, does it standup still or was it a more watered down version of the series, I completely forget.

Aion002

giphy.gif

If I had an Xbox I would buy this so fast.... Well... I guess I will play Blacklist on PC.... Again.... I miss Conviction, I still have the 360 disc.

Last edited:

Danny 117

Does anyone else get that "The loveliest tree in the valley" christmas song from the Blacklist Chicago mission stuck in their head? Oh god make it stop :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Oooh this interests me. What is the difference between Double Agent on Xbox and 360? Is one version better?

Also, if getting into series for the first time, are they all worth playing?

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Oooh this interests me. What is the difference between Double Agent on Xbox and 360? Is one version better?

Also, if getting into series for the first time, are they all worth playing?

Double Agent on Xbox is better than the 360 version.

They are all worth playing. Try the original first, see how you like it. If it becomes too hard or tedious for you, its understandable if you skip to Chaos Theory which is a huge quality leap and regarded as the masterpiece of the series.

I loved Blacklist back in the day, does it standup still or was it a more watered down version of the series, I completely forget.

I consider it to still be the 2nd best in the series. The only thing is, you have to modify the many difficulty options yourself to make it a more authentic splinter cell experience.

Last edited:

Sony

Nintendo
giphy.gif

If I had an Xbox I would buy this so fast.... Well... I guess I will play Blacklist on PC.... Again.... I miss Conviction, I still have the 360 disc.

If you don't have an Xbox yet but might get one in the future, it's not a bad gamble to get these games. Microsoft is commited to BC. The games that are currently BC are playable on Series X and consoles beyond that. So it's not unlikely that BC games will get Series X enhaced, just like they are X enhanced now. Developers don't have to do a thing for it, it's all on Microsoft.
What I'm trying to say is that it's not unlikely that these games will be playable in 8K some day, maybe even with HDR.

Allandor

Last time I checked (well >1year), you can use your store credits, if you buy them via xbox 360. I never understood that logic but well... the shop system is strange on xbox

Blacklist was good, but I really don't like the multiplayer mode. This is just to much "kill them all" for a splinter cell. Just like conviction where you must clear an area instead of sneaking around. In the end conviction was a good cover-shooter, but well, not a splinter cell. Really don't know why ubi tried to change the genere with that game. If fans wanted a pure cover-shooter without alternative routs, they could choose of plenty other games.

HBx2000

Splinter Cell = £4.79
Pandora Tomorrow = £4.79
Chaos Theory = £4.79
Conviction = £5.99
Blacklist = £5.99

That would have been the price in the Netherlands if they just added the 21% tax
to the dollar price. But no, it's even way higher. We have to pay almost 54 dollars.

GAMEUS Price ($)NL Price (€)
Splinter Cell3,745,99
Splinter Cell Pandora's Tomorrow3,745,99
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory3,745,99
Splinter Cell Double Agent (Original Xbox Version)3,745,99
Splinter Cell Double Agent (Xbox 360 Version)4,997,99
Splinter Cell Conviction4,997,99
Splinter Cell Blacklist4,997,99
TOTAL PRICE29,9347,93

Things like this is why I am excited to finally purchase an Xbox for next gen. Instead of me building a PC, I can stick to my ultra book, then have a PS5 and XSX for all my gaming needs. I really hope Sony finally addresses their back catalog properly. Would it be so hard to let us play the digital PSone purchases from PSP/PSVITA? is licening really such a big issue? I am hoping all this praise MS is getting for supporting their legacy titles will light a fire under Sony's ass

Last edited:

Inuteu

Splinter Cell = £4.79
Pandora Tomorrow = £4.79
Chaos Theory = £4.79
Conviction = £5.99
Blacklist = £5.99

I cant find the 360 double agent version

Top Bottom