• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death toll from West Africa's Ebola outbreak passes 10,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dram

http://news.yahoo.com/ebola-death-toll-passes-10-000-210948117.html
The global death toll from the Ebola outbreak centered in west Africa has topped 10,000 out of more than 24,000 recorded cases, the World Health Organization said Thursday.

Almost all the deaths and cases have been reported in the three west African countries worst hit by the outbreak: Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea.

There have also been six deaths in Mali, one in the United States and eight in Nigeria, all of which have since been declared Ebola-free.

Spain and Senegal, which have also been declared free of Ebola, had one case each but no deaths.

The WHO on Wednesday said the fight against Ebola was "going in the right direction".

As of January 4, a total of 838 healthcare workers were known to have contracted the virus, and 495 of them had died, the WHO said.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
While sad that there has been so much loss of life, reality is this is just the planet's natural population control at work.

Outbreaks, fires, temperature fluxuations due to global warming.. it's all the planet reacting to outside influences.

I'm sure there will be another supervirus in the next few decades when we turn to synthetics more and more to sustain our QOL.

Anon67

While sad that there has been so much loss of life, reality is this is just the planet's natural population control at work.

Outbreaks, fires, temperature fluxuations due to global warming.. it's all the planet reacting to outside influences.

I'm sure there will be another supervirus in the next few decades when we turn to synthetics more and more to sustain our QOL.

Holy shit. Wtf. O_0. What a very...interesting way to view this.

xbhaskarx

DrEvil
not a medical professional
(Today, 08:11 PM)

brian577

Banned
This world is doomed. Everything has to become a competition.

If everyone thought the way you do 50 years ago, we wouldn't have a world today. This "world is doomed" crap will not solve anything and people who think like this will only hasten it's end.

If everyone thought the way you do 50 years ago, we wouldn't have a world today. This "world is doomed" crap will not solve anything and people who think like this will only hasten it's end.

I'm referring to the out of place desire to see other people suffer in this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom