• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Def Jam 3: All info from the PSM3 cover story.

Max@GC

Here is the babelfish translation of the PSM3 Def Jam 3 info from a German website (can´t post a link cuz i would get banned;))...have fun with the babelrubbish:

Page 1: Ice T (Wrestling moves prefer) beats up RWSBY Ludacris (Kung Fu moves prefer). When it strikes against its Kiefer, it bends itself from the joints and it looks in such a way, as if Ludacris is met with a hammer. Its spoiled face speaks volumes, likewise those frightening realistic Mimik teeth crunching of the Ice T. With each landed hit in Ludacris ' Visage goes off the block somewhat more.

Page 2 shows Big Boi of Outkast and the Rapper/Ex Knasti T.I. - Outkast Member Andre 3000 is to likewise emerge.

Page 3: Ludacris wipes the blood from its face and counters with a series of chin hooks and fiesen Kung Fu footsteps. Ice T haut's against a aufgemotzten Escalade and it stolpert backwards crosswise by the gas station yard, soils with dust of the hand mixture - the wind turned and the block goes off still more, than Ludacris begins to out-assign. - Ice T gets a chin hook in slow motion missed and flies backwards over the lying exposed pipe of the gasoline pump - the environment should be strongly destroyable - gasoline runs on soil. Ludacris turns to the camera, turns away grinsend and rams with its feet for the last strong act of the music. It ignites gasoline vapors with its dance in apparently magic way and fackelt Ice T in an enormous as well as beautiful explosion off. - the after-modelled RWSBY in the pictures correspond to in-Game-diagram. - the gasoline pump can be loosened from its anchorage and used as heavy weapon. Like already in the predecessors, can strike the head of the opponent to it also in Def Jam 3 by autodisks.

Page 4: The description in things "the block goes to the music off" can it literally take, because according to the description on page 4 (on the left of above) the buildings are to really move in the clock of the music and/or get tears! o_O. - to sound producer Kudo Tsunoda combat play stagnates, because it takes place at most only one interaction between the two fighting characters. Therefore one transformed the typical liveless combat arena into Def Jam 3 into a living and breathing character - it is the "third character" in the play and/or is a main part of the Gameplays. - Def Jam 3 is to revolutionize plays with Hip Hop Lifestyle perfectly. Hip Hop Lifestyle is a main part of the play. In the single Player mode slips it into the role of a Hip Hop Moguls: You sign contracts with artists, publish Songs and try your own disk label to develop.

Page 5: Def Jam 3 offers beside likewise the Fight Night coming from I/O Chicago: Round 3 the most realistic visa gene in a video game, makes it still more satisfying to strike selbige mash - each part of the body gives way realistically, if it is met by a certain impact.

Page 6: Particularly face wounds refer to the condition of your fighter - energy bars could as in Fight Night: Round 3 fits its. - Ludacris ' hard impact deforms Ice T's face in such a way, as if it would be from pudding - similarly the slow motion Replays in Fight Night: Round 3. - the combat system connects classical head on head duels and for use of the environment. You know you only once with the Basics out, it at a later time also the environment skillfully to use will know. - the combat arenas will consist of several ranges: so the fight can begin outside of the gas station and end behind the burst disks of the shop. - one would like to copy totally the Punch control feature from Fight Night in Def Jam 3 not simply, but a perfectly new combat price increase developed, which was to feel however similarly well. - there a large aspect of the Hip Hop world the strong community feeling is, would like one beside distributed contents of also various new on-line features on-line created by the player and in the play to offer. - the processor power of the PS3 is used particularly for the animation and physics of the environment elements. - although each Hip Hop does not like, the play should be by its innovations in the Gameplay an absolute purchase reason.

Page 7: The scene at the end the demo lets assume that it will give several krachige finishing moves. - I/O would not like to betray yet, which will also be RWSBY/INSIDE in Def Jam 3 from the portion, yet the list on page 7 leaves already times much area for interesting speculations - Snoop Dogg and Carmen Electra were besides also part of earlier episodes, although these do not stand with the label Def Jam under contract.

- the releases: At the beginning of of 2007 for Xbox 360 and PS3

Here is the original text in German:

Seite 1: Ice T (bevorzugt Wrestling-Moves) vermöbelt den Rapper Ludacris (bevorzugt Kung-Fu-Moves). Als er gegen seinen Kiefer schlägt, biegt er sich aus den Gelenken und es sieht so aus, als ob Ludacris mit einem Hammer getroffen wird. Sein verzogenes Gesicht spricht Bände, ebenso die beängstigend realistische Mimik des Zähne knirschenden Ice T. Mit jedem gelandeten Treffer in Ludacris´ Visage geht der Block etwas mehr ab.

Seite 2 zeigt Big Boi von Outkast und den Rapper/Ex-Knasti T.I. – Outkast-Member Andre 3000 soll ebenfalls auftauchen.

Seite 3: Ludacris wischt das Blut aus seinem Gesicht und kontert mit einer Serie Kinnhaken und fiesen Kung-Fu Tritten. Ice T haut´s gegen einen aufgemotzten Escalade und er stolpert rückwärts quer durch den Tankstellenhof, beschmutzt mit Staub vom Handgemenge – der Wind hat sich gedreht und der Block geht noch mehr ab, als Ludacris beginnt auszuteilen.

- Ice T bekommt einen Kinnhaken in Zeitlupe verpasst und fliegt rückwärts über das freiliegende Rohr der Zapfsäule – die Umgebung soll stark zerstörbar sein – Benzin läuft auf Boden. Ludacris dreht sich zur Kamera, wendet sich grinsend ab und stampft mit seinen Füßen zum letzten kraftvollen Akt der Musik. Er entzündet auf scheinbar magische Weise die Benzindämpfe mit seinem Tanz und fackelt Ice T in einer riesigen sowie wunderschönen Explosion ab.

- Die nachmodellierten Rapper auf den Bildern entsprechen In-Game-Grafik.

- Die Zapfsäule kann von ihrer Verankerung gelöst und als schwere Waffe verwendet werden. Wie schon in den Vorgängern, könnt Ihr den Kopf des Gegners auch in Def Jam 3 durch Autoscheiben hauen.

Seite 4: Die Beschreibung in Sachen „der Block geht zur Musik ab“ könnt Ihr wörtlich nehmen, denn laut der Beschreibung auf Seite 4 (links oben) sollen sich die Gebäude wirklich im Takt der Musik bewegen bzw. Risse bekommen! o_O.

- Laut Producer Kudo Tsunoda stagnieren Kampfspiele, denn es findet bei den meisten nur eine Interaktion zwischen den beiden kämpfenden Charakteren statt. Deshalb hat man in Def Jam 3 die typische leblose Kampfarena in einen lebenden und atmenden Charakter transformiert – sie ist der „dritte Charakter“ im Spiel bzw. ist ein Hauptbestandteil des Gameplays.

- Def Jam 3 soll Spiele mit Hip Hop Lifestyle vollkommen revolutionieren. Hip Hop Lifestyle ist ein Hauptbestandteil des Spiels. Im Single Player Modus schlüpft Ihr in die Rolle eines Hip Hop Moguls: Ihr unterzeichnet Verträge mit Künstlern, veröffentlicht Songs und versucht Euer eigenes Plattenlabel aufzubauen.

Seite 5: Def Jam 3 bietet neben dem ebenfalls von EA Chicago stammenden Fight Night: Round 3 die realistischsten Visagen in einem Videospiel, das macht es noch befriedigender, selbige zu Brei zu hauen – jedes Körperteil gibt realistisch nach, wenn es von einem bestimmten Schlag getroffen wird.

Seite 6: Besonders Gesichtsblessuren weisen auf den Zustand Eures Kämpfers hin – Energiebalken könnten wie in Fight Night: Round 3 passe sein.

- Ludacris´ harter Schlag verformt Ice T´s Gesicht so, als ob es aus Pudding wäre – ähnlich den Zeitlupen-Replays in Fight Night: Round 3.

- Das Kampfsystem verbindet klassische Kopf-an-Kopf-Duelle und das Nutzen der Umgebung. Kennt Ihr Euch erst einmal mit den Basics aus, werdet Ihr zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt auch die Umgebung gekonnt zu nutzen wissen.

- Die Kampfarenen werden aus mehreren Bereichen bestehen: so kann der Kampf außerhalb der Tankstelle beginnen und hinter den zerborstenen Scheiben des Ladens enden.

- Man möchte in Def Jam 3 nicht einfach das Total Punch Control Feature aus Fight Night kopieren, sondern hat eine vollkommen neue Kampfsteuerung entwickelt, die sich aber ähnlich gut anfühlen soll.

- Da ein großer Aspekt der Hip Hop Welt das starke Gemeinschaftsgefühl ist, möchte man neben vom Spieler geschaffenen und online verteilten Inhalten auch diverse neue Online-Features im Spiel bieten.

- Die Prozessorpower der PS3 wird vor allem für die Animation und Physik der Umgebungselemente verwendet.

- Obwohl nicht jeder Hip Hop mag, soll das Spiel durch seine Innovationen im Gameplay ein absoluter Kaufgrund sein.

Seite 7: Die Szene am Ende der Demo lässt vermuten, dass es mehrere krachige finishing Moves geben wird.

- EA möchte noch nicht verraten, welche Rapper/innen in Def Jam 3 mit von der Partie sein werden, dennoch lässt die Liste auf Seite 7 schon mal viel Raum für interessante Spekulationen – Snoop Dogg und Carmen Electra waren nebenbei auch Teil von früheren Episoden, obwohl diese nicht beim Label Def Jam unter Vertrag stehen.

- Release: Anfang 2007 für Xbox 360 und PS3

Feel free to translate it into a proper English or lock if old.:)

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Could you at least put some paragraph breaks in that "translated" section?

DarienA said:
Could you at least put some paragraph breaks in that "translated" section?

Best part of it

"Lighting the gas from the pumps will create a wall of flame. Its a new level of danger"
There are 120 Rappers to choose from in total :O
ALL of the environments are destructable, Everything you see you can destroy.
"You can throw your opponent through a Shop window and start fighting in there"
"Your Opponents can lose their teeth if you hit them in the face to much"

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
That really hurts to read, which sucks, since I really, really wanna know more about this game... I've been waiting for soooooooo long for it...

Max@GC

The most interesting feature of the game is imo that the buildings dance and shake in time with the music and the beat em up action goin on. At page 4 is a building with a rift due to the rockin and shakin lol

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
It's a German translation of an English magazine, hence the no-linkage. I've seen 'em and the game looks wunnerful.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Ninja Scooter said:
Ice T is in it? Instabuy. TITTIES.

Ice T was in FFNY too. His fight was the first one I had trouble with(in a ring IIRC), that really forced me to start countering, and blocking effectively.

The buildings moving in time with the music? That sound ridiculous.

DarienA said:
Ice T was in FFNY too. His fight was the first one I had trouble with(in a ring IIRC), that really forced me to start countering, and blocking effectively.

i would have noticed that if FFNY wasn't so hard that i couldn't make it passed the SECOND DAMN MATCH!

MMaRsu

Banned
bishoptl said:
It's a German translation of an English magazine, hence the no-linkage. I've seen 'em and the game looks wunnerful.

Damn can't wait to see official screens !!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The game looks amazing... lighting, shadows, modelling - wow...

And every single thing is destructable, AND the buildings move exactly to the sound of the beat - dayum...

Only thing is that the faces don't look Fight-Night-Round-3-good, maybe it's because of the scans, I dunno, but it has 120 rappers so I don't mind anymore after hearing that!!!

What's also cool is how the Fight Night slo-mo face rippling is in this as well - damn this game is gonna be hot!

Kittonwy

Banned
Max@GC said:
Here is the babelfish translation of the PSM3 Def Jam 3 info from a German website (can´t post a link cuz i would get banned;))...have fun with the babelrubbish:

Here is the original text in German:

Feel free to translate it into a proper English or lock if old.:)

Andre3000? Whyo whyo?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
bishoptl said:

How close does it look to Fight Night 3 for the PS3? Please answer. :(

mckmas8808

OMG!!! This game looks hot!!! ****ing EA are seriously the graphic kings of next gen.

Patrick Klepek

furiously molesting tim burton
mckmas8808 said:
OMG!!! This game looks hot!!! ****ing EA are seriously the graphic kings of next gen.

Agreed!

5009_godfather_itsstrictlybusiness_0001.jpg

Zonar

not to troll but is this comming for the 360?
I only ask because have one and I would like this game sooner, rather then wait for the PS3 to be in good supply.

mckmas8808

God I can't wait until someone you guys get to see this game. It's really really really amazing.

Put it this way. You will say WOW!

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Is the trailer for this game public yet? It's absolutely fantastic and if it's any indication of how the game plays, we're in for a treat. The overall feel was like a living, breathing music video, with things exploding in time with the music, attacks corresponding with drum kicks, the earth bouncing up around fighters to the beat. The impression I got from the EA rep was that the game had a Lumines meets Fight Night feel in terms of gameplay.

I haven't read the PSM article yet (or the beginning of this thread), but I'm very interested to learn more. And I'm interested in seeing the trailer again and getting other peoples reactions. Because I was floored.

DMczaf

nicholasbrutal said:
The overall feel was like a living, breathing music video, with things exploding in time with the music, attacks corresponding with drum kicks, the earth bouncing up around fighters to the beat. The impression I got from the EA rep was that the game had a Lumines meets Fight Night feel in terms of gameplay.

EA Chicago is carrying EA this gen.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Yeah, sorry, I just saw the trailer a few days ago and was wondering if it was available online.

Kudo Tsunoda and team seem to have their shit together on this one.

Top Bottom