• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Depression has been really getting me down lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
2020 has been rough, real rough, I've had some close calls this year where I've genuinely thought about suicide.

I'm doing better than I was, but my greatest desire is to go back to the past, I want to go back to better days so badly it's like a physical pain, but I can't and that's really hard to take, to want something so badly that is literally impossible.

Even 2017, 2018 and 2019, despite what was going on then, now seem like a lost paradise to me.

Meowzers

Suicide is a strange feeling. On one side I feel scared, but also wonder what exists on the other side.

But reality tells me we'll just be born into another body and live over again.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
You want to sort your head out and start doing exercise. Go to the gym for a run, swim or bike ride etc...
Also if you care about what people think about you online you should really stop using the internet all together. The internet is not reality.

Bro what, you think flat earth is reality :messenger_winking_tongue:

mcjmetroid

2020 has been rough, real rough, I've had some close calls this year where I've genuinely thought about suicide.

I'm doing better than I was, but my greatest desire is to go back to the past, I want to go back to better days so badly it's like a physical pain, but I can't and that's really hard to take, to want something so badly that is literally impossible.

Even 2017, 2018 and 2019, despite what was going on then, now seem like a lost paradise to me.

My advice is if you're life is going absolutely nowhere then do something drastically different. Move to a new city or location and start new if things are that bad.

Start planning a new strategy.

For me for instance when I felt like that. I travelled to China to do English Teaching. It lasted about a year and I said fuck this it wasnt for me.

But I did it! I travelled to China by myself in my early 20s and now I'm a boring bastard at home.. but I'm ok with that.

I think travel is the key!

My advice is if you're life is going absolutely nowhere then do something drastically different. Move to a new city or location and start new if things are that bad.

Start planning a new strategy.

For me for instance when I felt like that. I travelled to China to do English Teaching. It lasted about a year and I said fuck this it wasnt for me.

But I did it! I travelled to China by myself in my early 20s and now I'm a boring bastard at home.. but I'm ok with that.

I think travel is the key!

Hard to do much travelling in the midst of Corona.

Coronatime is the best time to level yourself up more than your competitors.

Working out, reading classic books, learning skills. Emerge as a better human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom