• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Invisible War is AWESOME

I decided to buy the game because it was cheap at my local EB. The demo turned me off entirely, making me believe the whole game sucks. But I'm about 2 hours into the full game, and it's just amazing. The amount of interaction with the characters and environment is second to none. And you feel like you're actually accomplishing things with all the side-quests.

If anyone was turned off by the demo, try the full game. It's much better.

Mr Gump

Banned
Wasnt this game meant to have some ultra realistic physics engine? Its pathetic when you play around with it.

epmode

God's Hand said:
I decided to buy the game because it was cheap at my local EB. The demo turned me off entirely, making me believe the whole game sucks. But I'm about 2 hours into the full game, and it's just amazing. The amount of interaction with the characters and environment is second to none. And you feel like you're actually accomplishing things with all the side-quests.

If anyone was turned off by the demo, try the full game. It's much better.
iawtp. a lot.

it has its problems, but i'd still give it an 8 or 9 if i had to grade it.

Just the atmosphere alone is worth it. I played the first one and didn't really get into it, but this one I dig. The biomods are awesome, the gang members that ask you for "Favours" (i.e. kill someone), just everything... GOING BACK TO IT.

Mr Gump said:
Wasnt this game meant to have some ultra realistic physics engine? Its pathetic when you play around with it.

Sad but true. Max Payne 2 Physics >>>>> DXIW Physics

That being said, epmode is right, the game is probably an 8, but it really is a no-contest toaster compared to the first game.

I too loved DE:IW, I'll be the first to admit it doesn't hold a candle to the prequel (mainly because the first had plenty of plot twists and every thing but the kitchen sink as far as conspiracy theories go). I did enjoy the heck out of the sequel, it is by no means a perfect game, but it is fun. There were some bugs and hitches, but the game was very entertaining.

Many PC fans complained that this game was hacked up and diminished for console play, which may or may not be the case, but it was still a great game by Ion Storm. If you haven't already check uot Thief: Dark Shadows, sleeper hit of 2004.

lordmrw

Hell just hearing everyone talk about it is making me want to bust it out and play through it again. I liked the first one better by a small margin. I figure this is probably as close to a Shadowrun game as we're going to get for awhile.

Yusaku

DX:IW is not awesome.

Except for throwing trash cans at people.

I guess it's nice some people enjoy it, because it's pretty much impossible for anyone who enjoyed the first game to enjoy IW.

Yusaku

I don't know anyone who enjoyed IW as much or more than the original. The most positive thing I've seen is "Well, it's not horrible, but it's no DX1."

DX1 is better than DX:IW in pretty much every way.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Yusaku said:
DX:IW is not awesome.

Except for throwing trash cans at people.

I guess it's nice some people enjoy it, because it's pretty much impossible for anyone who enjoyed the first game to enjoy IW.

Not true.

Dx1 is awesome. So is DX:IW. But yeah, it's not as tight, fun or atmospheric as the original. Much as I love it, I find it too easy. I dislike the new ammo system and find the levels too small and lacking the vibe that Chicago and (was it New York or Paris?) had in the original.

I still love the game, though I feel it plays more like an expansion pack rather than a full sequel. Still worthy to buy man - think 'more levels for Deus Ex'.

Top Bottom