• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dexter is not Dead ~Michael C. Hall

bitbydeath

Last season wasn’t good, but I’m still down for more. They could centre it around bringing up his son who starts to bring home dead things.

“People on the street are always telling me about the talk of a ‘Dexter’ reboot,” said Hall of the popular Showtime series in which he starred for eight seasons. “There’ve been little percolations, but nothing that’s felt worth pursuing.” The actor is open to the idea — “it’s an amazing world, and he’s not dead” — but, he added, “I don’t have any immediate, definitive plans to do any of that.”

https://variety.com/2018/legit/news/michael-c-hall-dexter-thom-pain-1203032600/

Last season did indeed go off the rails, but I enjoyed it to the end. IMO the show's problem was it went on for longer than the concept allowed. An easy comparison is Death Note, which I think lasted about as long as it should have.

Would love to see them pull off what you suggested, though.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
damn this show has been going forever. i stopped watching after the 2nd season

Chittagong

Gold Member
harrison-fell.gif

Joe T.

I wouldn't be opposed to having the series return, provided there was a clear vision with some interesting ideas for it, preferably with a new team handling it behind the scenes.

For all the cringe-worthy moments that came from the show, Colin Hanks' portrayal of the Doomsday Killer is what sticks out the most for me.

id watch it if they hired good writers
and maybe retcon some shit

88a5fec553634b3dabac48078f4d9024.png

bitbydeath

Isn't he still alive in the books?

I liked John Lithgow's character a lot though. realllllly creepy guy.

I think Brian died in the final book, been a while since I’ve read it though.

John Lithgow was fantastic as usual. How he can change from someone like that and in the Stallone film Cliffhanger to his comedy side in 3rd Rock from the Sun is great.

Such a great actor.

Duallusion

The last good and overall best season was season 4 (the John Lithgow/Trinity killer one) and then it just went downhill, dug itself into the ground and kept on drilling until I almost couldn't remember if Dexter was ever a good show to begin with.

KonradLaw

I would love to see a new one-shot series that continues the story. Just have Dexter have some killer fun in lumberjack country :) The character deserves far better send-off than the nightmare S8 was.

120v

it'd take an awful lot to get me to return to Dexter

only thing i might be interested in is a complete reboot grounded in the dark dreamscape vibe of the first few seasons, before it essentially became a CBS crime procedural with an R rated slant

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
No thanks. That last season and especially the ending was so fucking unbelievably bad that it tarnished the show's legacy, and it already had several weak seasons.

Just let it rest. We really don't need to keep rebooting everything.

Neverwas

I loved this show, but the last 4 seasons destroyed any desire I'd have to see it return. They had their chance and ruined it. Let it stay dead.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I wouldn't be opposed to having the series return, provided there was a clear vision with some interesting ideas for it, preferably with a new team handling it behind the scenes.

For all the cringe-worthy moments that came from the show, Colin Hanks' portrayal of the Doomsday Killer is what sticks out the most for me.

88a5fec553634b3dabac48078f4d9024.png
Evilore

I have mixed thoughts, the show got worse and worse after season 4 and ended on such a sour note I feel that it would be better left well enough alone.

On the other hand, maybe there's still potential, but please, hire some different writers than whoever handled the show after season 4.

lmao, I forgot about this.

Still don't understand how he got that bad of a cut on his chin.

Top Bottom