• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Retro: Ridge Racer - The Second Decade - RR6/RR7, Ridge Racers PSP and Beyond!

Concern

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Lysandros

I didn't know that RR 7 was so overwhelmingly superior to RR 6 graphic and tech wise, namco making such a good use of the very powerful but also complex PS3 architecture at launch is very impressive. 1080P/60 FPS (!) with such visuals is (very) exceptional for that generation.

Last edited:

Fredrik

RR6 and RR7 are both legendary games for me. I still occasionally go into autopilot and try to trigger drifting the same way as in Ridge Racer when playing other racing games.

ParaSeoul

I didn't know that RR 7 was so overwhelmingly superior to RR 6 graphic and tech wise, namco making such a good use of the very powerful but also complex PS3 architecture at launch is very impressive. 1080P/60 FPS (!) with such visuals is (very) exceptional for that generation.
RR6 was made on development hardware that was weaker than the actual retail 360 ended up being.

tommib

Fuck, these games were awesome and had killer songs. The closer we get to this these days is with Horizon and Dirt 5 but I still need my fix of urban cities and lush acid techno pumping.

LostDonkey

This is one game that truly hurts me that it's not around any more. I LOVED the ridge Racer series from 1 all the way through to 7.

I act like unbounded never happened 😂

Would pre order instantly if they announced a full collection of games like Wipeout.

Orta

Banned

Yep. Dug my 360 out last year, was very underwhelmed by RR6 (having never played it) so out came the PS3 and RR7 (also unplayed). The difference was like night and day. It's still a looker today imo and up there with RRT4. I'd love a new RR or even a remastered compilation.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Ridge Racer PSP and Ridge Racer 6 I've played and both are great. Just make sure to turn off the announcer.

RAIDEN1

Just imagine if Sony did decide to make Ridge Racer 7 compatible on the PS5 - Up scaled...but no that can't happen so as of now it is a case of......Ridge Racer:
4QLMYDV.jpg

Top Bottom