• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 4 fun when working frustrating when not

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
1. I have a great network and have no other problem with online games on any other platform or on my PS5.

Nearly 3 weeks after launch(PS5 version) the game still has network issues. Too many times I am experiencing extreme rubber banding along with action delays. It was so bad tonight that I died 3 times from really bad rubber banding. I would not touch hardcore or pvp with how unreliable the game is.

It is a shame because when the game is working properly it's a great time. Just too often I am experiencing lag and rubber banding. I do hope they patch in an offline option because I believe their servers are over loaded.

II will say it again, Diablo 4 is a prime example of why always connected games are a bad idea. An action RPG where quick timing and thinking come info play is ruined with their network.

Beechos

Haven't really had any issues playing since launch currently lvl 59. Only issue I have is a bug or glitch where on occasion opening my inventory freezes the game. Not sure if it matters but I'm in the u.s.maybe the servers here are more stable?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
My PS5 likes to randomly disconnects from internet and immediately comeback but thankfully all my games are offline so my session doesn't get interrupted.

I absolulty hate online only BS, if the game has single player content then I should be allowed to play it offline, if FROM can do it then so can everybody else.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Here's what I have to say to SP only offline games turned into MP online only games you can't even play cuz of online functionality and which'll be dead soon after servers will be turned off:

okUVQ88.gif

Also, why anyone should buy such games and Diablo 4 in particular, if there's Path of Exile available completely for free with massive amount of content and Path of Exile 2 is on the way?

Currently level 32 and I haven’t seen a single bug or even a lag spike yet.

In my experience this is the most polished game of the decade.

Mister Wolf

I'm enjoying it playing coop with my cousin. We do side content until we get the extra potion then do the main quest in the area. I'm not gonna let this game overstay its welcome so once I complete the main campaign I am done. Too many other good games to play.

Nydius

I do hope they patch in an offline option because I believe their servers are over loaded.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Diablo 3 on PC is still always-online despite the console versions allowing for offline play, and despite people begging for an offline PC mode since 2013.

This will almost certainly stay an always online game until they shut off the servers, whenever that may be.

My 3MBPS connection was another reason, aside from online only on principle, I was worried about picking this up. Granted the beta ran just fine for me so I don't know what to think.

Gamer plays online game
Gamer encounters latency

Surprised Meme GIF

I wouldn’t get your hopes up. Diablo 3 on PC is still always-online despite the console versions allowing for offline play, and despite people begging for an offline PC mode since 2013.

This will almost certainly stay an always online game until they shut off the servers, whenever that may be.
And that's why the console versions of D3 are rife with cheaters.... which is why Blizzard will never make that an option again.

Top Bottom