• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DICE Awards to become industry's Oscars? TV deal forthcoming?

jamesb23

AIAS president Joseph Olin may have some big news next week.

BIZ: So it's your goal then to have the D.I.C.E. Interactive Achievement Awards become sort of the official video game industry awards, televised alongside the Oscars and Grammys?

JO: Absolutely. I think that has been this organization's goal since it was started ten years ago.

BIZ: Is there any real progress on that yet?

JO: I will make an announcement at D.I.C.E. We do have some progress on that front.

BIZ: Ok, it would be very exciting if you landed a national network deal, as opposed to just a cable channel...

JO: You're preaching to choir! Well we're very excited and again I have to have something to announce when I get up in front of everyone on the morning of the 9th, but suffice to say we're pretty comfortable with a new direction and some developments and I'm hopeful that not just the board but the general members, when they see this progress, it'll be good for the industry and good for them. I'm hoping that the people who follow me 5-10 years down the road will have the high-class problems of how to deal with people who want to come to the awards and fighting them off, which I think is not too unrealistic.

Also, Reggie apparently had hist first two abstracts for his speech removed.

JO: All I know is that the first two abstracts he's submitted were withdrawn. I'm reasonably comfortable that Nintendo corporate and Reggie specifically are mindful of who the audience is and what the expectation is.

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=11772

Top Bottom