• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did anyone feel a bit hollow and empty after P5?

I felt a bit empty and thought the crew in the game could have more activities and screentime together.

Is Joker considered less of a leader to P4 and P3MCs?

Callego

I felt that way after P4, which was the first one I played.
Finishing P5 just made me want to go engage in some disobedience.
I guess knowing that there'll be spin-offs for years makes me look forward to their next adventure, rather than lament that it's over.
Is P5 your first persona game, OP? If it isn't, how did you feel after beating the others?

Basically here is how I felt after playing this game, not sure if others feel the same. If so, why?

- Feel like the crew a bit detached and not as close with each other

- No good/long/detailed group activities that make impact on make everyone think back and become memorable

- Romances are good but how come valentines and Christmas events don't make me feel very "sweet" and "fluffy"? Always feel like sad...

- Feel like I am not the hero but just looked down by everyone? I got to end game but still seem to be treated as a criminal? (does the game every fully depict you as being back to a normal and happy guy? or still with criminal record?)

Many thank in advance...

If you can help me with my thoughts, please share.

In response to Callego: I played P4G before and felt like really good. I do not know how to explain it, but I feel like my character made more of a difference, was relied upon more and just it felt good solving the crime.

I guess the P4G characters had a closer dynamic compared to the P5 main cast? True or just subjective biased?

WaterAstro

It's definitely less friendly when juxtaposed with P4, but I felt like they had pretty good dynamic. Not as good as P4. P4, they literally felt like family.

I think P5 was definitely better than P3 in this regard.

Z..

As someone who loves Persona games, I never really understood why people actually get so attached to the characters. They're always so one dimensional and annoying (which is why the Jungian angle works so well)...

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I haven't particularly liked a Persona protagonist since Maya Amano from EP

Persona was my first jrpg in the mid 90s I find the newer games to be 'empty' in a lot of ways compared to the older titles.

- Romances are good but how come valentines and Christmas events don't make me feel very "sweet" and "fluffy"? Always feel like sad...

Who did you romance? Have you tried Kawakami?

And yeah, I wish the game had more full party activities,but not in same vein as Persona 4 because I didn't like most of them.

Maybe P5 is actually an awesome game, I shouldn't have went in trying to compare it to P4G. Maybe will enjoy the game much more... actually..

Who did you romance? Have you tried Kawakami?

And yeah, I wish the game had more full party activities,but not in same vein as Persona 4 because I didn't like most of them.

I went for Haru romance in first play through. I plan to have a good mindset and take this game for a spin again aiming for all confidant max route in my second to fully see all the game has to offer.

Maybe this will help me as I really think this game has potential.

Like I said earlier maybe the problem is me, not game.

I went for Haru romance in first play through. I plan to have a good mindset and take this game for a spin again aiming for all confidant max route in my second to fully see all the game has to offer.

Maybe this will help me as I really think this game has potential.

Like I said earlier maybe the problem is me, not game.

You should absolutely do that.

Maxing all confidants in a new game could positively change your impression of many characters.

magikarp7

It was my first persona and i cant say i felt empty or anything, loved the game as it was and accepted it for what it is. Cant wait to play 4 gold after i play xbc2.

Thanks friends, this is the only game I have for PS4. So I look forward to the persona dancing games coming out.

Just curious, do all persona games mainly come out for Sony system? Cuz I just bought PS4 and will be great if I can enjoy more persona games or persona 6 on this system too!

Is FFXV a good game to try after finishing my second run?

Shifty

Is FFXV a good game to try after finishing my second run?

That very much depends on who you ask. I would say Ye Gods No Find Something Else For Goodness' Sake, but there are also people that loved it.

I guess if you enjoy by-the-numbers open-world games and don't mind Final Fantasy straying in some very non-FF directions then you might dig it.

Post-Persona-Disorder has no cure, when I had it my first time finishing P5; the only thing that could fill the empty void was finishing P3.

HAdoubleRY

Neo Member
Yeah, maybe you need to devote time to different characters. Certain relationships definitely are more fleshed out than others. What characters did you mainly focus your time on?

As others have stated P4 really gave me that feeling you described. P5's ending felt a little more "happy" to me, which I did not necessarily consider a good thing.

Yeah, maybe you need to devote time to different characters. Certain relationships definitely are more fleshed out than others. What characters did you mainly focus your time on?

I mostly focused on Ryuji and maxed out Haru of course, and maxed Ann but just friendship. I also maxed the politic guy, the rest I didn't max or did start at all. I guess going to see a max confidant guide will really help as I want to see just what everyone's story is.

I mostly focused on Ryuji and maxed out Haru of course, and maxed Ann but just friendship. I also maxed the politic guy, the rest I didn't max or did start at all. I guess going to see a max confidant guide will really help as I want to see just what everyone's story is.

Let me give you just one tip for your Persona game sessions: ALWAYS start social links/confidants as soon as you can.

Progressing those sub-stories is not only about deepening the relationships between protagonist and other characters but also about getting enough boosts for your persona making sessions in the velvet room.

Never played the Persona series and don't intend to. But that feeling is generally one you'll get when you play something that you are massively engrossed in. Felt that way with The Last of Us and the Witcher 2&3.

It was my first Persona game, and one of the best games I have ever played. I obsessed over playing it and happily sunk 120 hours into it pretty quickly.

I felt sad after it ended, but now I am booting up a NG+ playthrough on harder difficulty so I am back in the fight.

Steal their hearts, Steel yours. This game is amazing.

HAdoubleRY

Neo Member

Were those just the characters you felt most interested in or were you just overwhelmed and not sure how else to proceed?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Basically here is how I felt after playing this game, not sure if others feel the same. If so, why?

- Feel like the crew a bit detached and not as close with each other

- No good/long/detailed group activities that make impact on make everyone think back and become memorable

- Feel like I am not the hero but just looked down by everyone? I got to end game but still seem to be treated as a criminal? (does the game every fully depict you as being back to a normal and happy guy? or still with criminal record?)

Many thank in advance...

If you can help me with my thoughts, please share.

In response to Callego: I played P4G before and felt like really good. I do not know how to explain it, but I feel like my character made more of a difference, was relied upon more and just it felt good solving the crime.

I guess the P4G characters had a closer dynamic compared to the P5 main cast? True or just subjective biased?
But isn't what's great about Persona? Each characters are different people that different relationship with each other. The reason P4 casts seem much closer is because before the whole incident, the characters were living normal lives but the characters in P3&5 did not.

In Persona 3 the whole cast had trust issue with each other and P5 casts come together because their heavy circumstances.

Were those just the characters you felt most interested in or were you just overwhelmed and not sure how else to proceed?

I spent much more time doing random activities and not actually going to confidants in my first playthrough. I sometimes just couldn't find them, not sure which day they actually appear.

I didn't know you could max confidant level with so many characters in the game though, so I will try again and see if more story and personal relationship tidbits help add flavour and soul to game. thanks for your tip!

Top Bottom