• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DIRT 5 ‘Stampede Time Trial’ gameplay first look

Mista

Banned

Codemasters has released a new gameplay video of DIRT 5 featuring a first look at a “Stampede” track in action.

Here is an overview of the footage, via Codemasters:
In this latest, work-in-progress DIRT 5 gameplay, get a first look at a Stampede track in action, based in between the iconic Arizona buttes!

Hard, unforgiving natural landscapes, built for rough-and-ready machines, Stampede circuits are tough, to say the least. Up to 12 cars will be able to compete in these extreme events.

Taking on the rough terrain in the Jimco Unlimited Truck, the new gameplay also shows DIRT 5’s dynamic weather system at work, with an incoming lightning storm transforming the terrain and skyline.
Gematsu

-Arcadia-

Banned
If you just want to play a dirt racing game, this looks great.

As a next-gen showcase, and maybe that's unfair to put on a cross-gen third party game, I'm just not impressed at all, coming off of Forza Horizon 4.

Entroyp

This game looks great! It’s been a long time since I played an off-road racing game so I’ll give this a shot.

Last edited:

Rikkori

It looks really good. Been spending a lot of time with FH4 recently and this has a similar feel to it even if it doesn't have that open world. I'm actually excited to get my hands on it. 🏎

JLMC469

Banned
If you just want to play a dirt racing game, this looks great.

As a next-gen showcase, and maybe that's unfair to put on a cross-gen third party game, I'm just not impressed at all, coming off of Forza Horizon 4.

And supposedly FH4 is getting a next-gen patch (4k, 60 fps, increased draw distances. Similar to PC ultra settings I believe).

skneogaf

This looks better and better, I enjoy arcade simulation racing games more than pure simulation games nowadays. I shall be buying this!

That looks good! I don't play a lot of racing games, cause I'm bad at them, but I might give this one a shot!

Last edited:
I like arcade racers, keep them coming.

Environments look pretty good, but that truck sounds way off, like it's lacking any real punch. The sound is so much more gnarly on a trophy truck, even an Ecoboost Ford.

Ghost of Tsushima / Assassin's Creed Valhalla is not an RPG but it's copying The Witcher 3 HEAVILY.

Same with DiRT. It might not be open world, but it's trying SO hard to be like Forza Horizion.

I'm a big Horizon fan, I have damned near 2500 hours in the Horizon games, but Dirt looked like Horizon long before Horizon came along.

The aesthetic and vibe Horizon uses really started in Dirt 3. Go to 0:30 in the video and you'd swear you were looking at a Horizon festival.

Last edited:
Ghost of Tsushima / Assassin's Creed Valhalla is not an RPG but it's copying The Witcher 3 HEAVILY.

Same with DiRT. It might not be open world, but it's trying SO hard to be like Forza Horizion.

I'll give you AC (those games are becoming RPGS anyway) but I dont see the GoT or the DIRT connection.

freefornow

Gold Member
Looks good and Dirt gameplay is always solid.
But when the gameplay trailer of Halo infinite shows the Warthog throwing up water splash, then you better get back into the code and add that to your next trailer pronto!

Top Bottom